Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2010
Has anyone else heard that our Dog Catcher is stealing dogs, even those in yards and tied, and selling them to some place for research? The place is supposed to be in Missouri. That is all I've heard but I agree something is fishy going on with this dog catcher. He is going way too far when he starts taking peoples pets, some considered a part of the family. I think this should be looked into and maybe complain to the County Judge and if that don't work, call the humane society. Also refer to the thread where he is riding his horse that looks starved to death. We need someone out there that cares for animals, not a Jeffery Dalmar kind of guy. Let's not let this die, stay on top of it and let's try to do something about it. Sounds like we have a Walnut Ridge kind of Dog Catcher, the one that tased the dog and was on TV.
WHAT

Humble, TX

#2 Mar 7, 2010
havent heard that one yet. around this town it wouldnt surprise me at all. if i knew he took my dog out of my yard i think i would be filing a police report or talking to the man myself & get something done that way. to he** with complaining to the judge. stealing is stealing & THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW! call the cops & stop it now if its true. youd think though that with all the dogs they have at the pound he wouldnt have to steal any!? not for awhile anyways.
question

Cherokee Village, AR

#3 Mar 7, 2010
where is the horse?
Concerned Citizen

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2010
WHAT wrote:
havent heard that one yet. around this town it wouldnt surprise me at all. if i knew he took my dog out of my yard i think i would be filing a police report or talking to the man myself & get something done that way. to he** with complaining to the judge. stealing is stealing & THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW! call the cops & stop it now if its true. youd think though that with all the dogs they have at the pound he wouldnt have to steal any!? not for awhile anyways.
Yes, you would think he would have enough at the pound but he has been seen on numerous stealing dogs out of yards. If it's true, then I guess he is selling all he can get. Someone said they want different breeds, that might have something to do with it. I think he uthanizes all that goes to the pound, cheaper that way. I just think with all the talk he's up to something. I'm wondering if the cops would even do anything....Seems they just do what they feel like doing. I have never seen such a town, it's sickening. Regarding the horse....I don't know anything about that, was only referring to an earlier post where someone said he was riding his horse and it looked like it could barely hold him up, it was so skinny. So you don't think the Judge would do anything? Don't he hire the dog catcher? What about the humane society? If I know for a fact or see him stealing a dog, I'll call the cops. I'm only repeating what I have heard so whoever has seen this done, call the cops. We have to stop this or all of our pets will be gone. I will only say I feel sorry for him if he gets mine. Guess I'll spend the rest of my life in prison!!!!!
dont know much

Ash Flat, AR

#5 Mar 7, 2010
Haven't heard that, but the truck that used to buy dogs at the poplar bluff sale barn hasnt been there in years, the lab got shut down.
jasa

Evening Shade, AR

#6 Mar 7, 2010
The dog catcher works for the city of Pocahontas. The county judge has nothing to do with it. I think this would be a issue for the city council and the mayor.
umm

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2010
Who told you he was selling them?
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Has anyone else heard that our Dog Catcher is stealing dogs, even those in yards and tied, and selling them to some place for research? The place is supposed to be in Missouri. That is all I've heard but I agree something is fishy going on with this dog catcher. He is going way too far when he starts taking peoples pets, some considered a part of the family. I think this should be looked into and maybe complain to the County Judge and if that don't work, call the humane society. Also refer to the thread where he is riding his horse that looks starved to death. We need someone out there that cares for animals, not a Jeffery Dalmar kind of guy. Let's not let this die, stay on top of it and let's try to do something about it. Sounds like we have a Walnut Ridge kind of Dog Catcher, the one that tased the dog and was on TV.
fyi

Cabot, AR

#8 Mar 7, 2010
i think his name is george pratt.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#9 Mar 7, 2010
umm wrote:
Who told you he was selling them?<quoted text>
Actually I cannot say just exactly who told me this. I wouldn't say the name anyway even if I knew, they might not want to get to involved but I have heard it more than once. I'm sure it's a rumor but I believe where there is smoke there is some fire. I just don't want to take a chance on having someone like that in our midst and in charge of our pets should they fall into that trap. I don't know if it's true or not, just worried about it.
Do you not believe this is possible or what? What if it is? and I sure thought he was county but guess not.
ummm

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2010
I don't really know what to think about all these dogs just disappearing like they have, its nuts. Someone, somewhere has got to know something. Animals don't just fall off of the face of the earth without a trace.
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I cannot say just exactly who told me this. I wouldn't say the name anyway even if I knew, they might not want to get to involved but I have heard it more than once. I'm sure it's a rumor but I believe where there is smoke there is some fire. I just don't want to take a chance on having someone like that in our midst and in charge of our pets should they fall into that trap. I don't know if it's true or not, just worried about it.
Do you not believe this is possible or what? What if it is? and I sure thought he was county but guess not.
Silly

Aubrey, TX

#11 Mar 7, 2010
This is so silly! The Animal Control Officer is not doing this, he keeps the dogs and if the owner is not found, he tries to adopt them out. IF they are not claimed, or adopted out, then he is forced to put them to sleep, and NO he does not use a gun, he uses a legal, humane way.
At times, things get said and the source is "Unknown" or "Will not be told". How silly....
annnd

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Mar 7, 2010
question wrote:
where is the horse?
j

The horse is at his house on Harmony road
i dont think so

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2010
He lives in town in government apartments. I know because I live kinda by him.
annnd wrote:
<quoted text>j
The horse is at his house on Harmony road
rumor

Hardy, AR

#14 Mar 7, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm sure it's a rumor"
then why the heck are you on here spreading it? got one ounce of proof against the guy you're spreading rumors about.

"What if it is?"
what if it isn't? and you just trashed an innocent man?
how do you think he feels? how would you feel if in his place and you were accused because of rumors with no facts presented?

ever heard of libel? YOU need to stop spreading rumors before someone stops YOU.
somerwhere your not

Odessa, TX

#15 Mar 9, 2010
fyi wrote:
i think his name is george pratt.
yes his name is george pratt
somerwhere your not

Odessa, TX

#17 Mar 9, 2010
and the mayor in pocahontas suck to
dawgman1

United States

#18 Mar 20, 2010
I am the former animal control officer of pocahontas and yes it is true if the animal control officer confiscates any animal within the city he has to have probible cause. The animal must be in danger of its life, or he must have a search and seasure warrant from the judge. He cannot just pick up your animal just because he thinks you are not feeding it. there may be medical reason for which he doesnt know. i have been complained too more than anyone believe me, I havent had anyone with a kind word yet about him. He works for the city not the county, and the animals at the pound, this is not an adoption center, sure they will adopt a animal out if you want one but it is a pound, a place to take stray animals to hold until such time as the owner might or might not pick up, then euthanized. plain and simple. If you see him take an animal that is tied up without the owners permission call the police. stealing is stealing and with the humane society, please for the most part it is a good program in which many animals are rescued and placed in worthy and loving homes who actually want a pet. and for the horse, instead of complaining about it on here, call and make a complaint, and the authorities will look into it.
just my opinion

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Mar 20, 2010
" dawgman 1" i have often wonder where you went, and always thought you did a very good job for the city, thought maybe you were to honest for the city and they didn't like that? but i don't know just my own opinion, hope you and your family are well!
Wonder

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Mar 21, 2010
i think all the missing dogs have come to live on my street....
dawgman1

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2010
thank you me an my family are doing well, Two years ago i resigned my commission as animal control officer of the city due to citutations that me and the mayor could not resolve, I did not care if you were wealthy or poor, in the click or out of the click, i treated you the same, but some people didnt like that, Its not who you are its who you know, I thought i done a good job and treated the people well, but i guess that wasnt good enough, i refuse to give the people anything other than the best of me, Yes i didnt satisfy everyone its true thats just part of the job. but i tried. When your job becomes political it takes on a whole different roll and goes into a direction sometimes not in favor of the people, My department was taken from me and given to the police department, so i was working for the police chief instead of the mayor. I was put on a leash myself, and i refuse to sit at the pound while nothing is being done in the city. you have to respect the people to work for the people but at the same time you have a job to do. I miss everyone and the job. its not just a job but an adventure

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Older women make better lovers! 1 hr what I think 2
Cannot take walks, afraid of peoples' dogs 1 hr lassie 10
that black guy who drives that gray mercury gra... 2 hr who 1
Justin P 2 hr why 2
Flattered 4 hr Thanks 1
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr Tree Hugger Too 9,882
any hot guys at pinnacle frames (Sep '09) 8 hr Againstthemachine 28
Public Elected Officials Information 22 hr guest 59
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE