Old Hickory BBQ & Steakhouse

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Satisfied Customer

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Never been there before until tonight. Great place to eat. Had very good service and good quality food. They were very quick on the draw and the food was actually reasonably priced for Pocahontas. I would have to say that it beats don's steakhouse by alot. It was clean and everything. Pocahontas wise,(which says alot), I give them a 10 out of 10 overall, with ten being the best.
Guet

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 6, 2012
Breakfast there sucks, Monis in Walnut Ridge is the best!
i like it

Missouri City, TX

#3 Feb 6, 2012
They had kinks to work out but it's on track now. Their lunch buffet has been great.
who is

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Feb 7, 2012
owner?
manager?
local folks?

Valders, WI

#5 Feb 7, 2012
went there needing a bm...30 min later...whammo! got it
expensive

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Feb 7, 2012
buffet slop for two at lunch $19 + tip. won't be back, sorry!

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 7, 2012
We went Friday night to have the "seafood" buffet. The table next to us ordered off the menu and when they received their food it was not what was ordered. The owner (I think it was the owner)told them "oh we ran out so I made substitutions". I understand working the kinks out but if you run out of a certain food ask the customer about a substitute not just bring them whatever you have available. The couple that was with us also ordered off the menu and they received their meal cold. All I can say is make your own decision as this was my experience and not necessarily yours.
Teresa

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 7, 2012
You got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!
Guet wrote:
Breakfast there sucks, Monis in Walnut Ridge is the best!
My 1 Cent

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Feb 8, 2012
Is it Johnny Stowers that owns this one?

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Feb 9, 2012
My 1 Cent wrote:
Is it Johnny Stowers that owns this one?
I don't know who that is, but the guy that owns this is named Kerry
My 1 Cent

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who that is, but the guy that owns this is named Kerry
John Stowers owned or leased the one that burned in Hoxie. Heard he took his insurance money and moved to Maynard so thought maybe he opened another one up there.

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 9, 2012
It's Kerry's parents that had the one in Hoxie originally, so that's where he got the name for this one he opened in Pokey
china

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Satisfied Customer wrote:
Never been there before until tonight. Great place to eat. Had very good service and good quality food. They were very quick on the draw and the food was actually reasonably priced for Pocahontas. I would have to say that it beats don's steakhouse by alot. It was clean and everything. Pocahontas wise,(which says alot), I give them a 10 out of 10 overall, with ten being the best.

fish is imported crap from china. owners are arsonists have burned everyting they have owned. killed the business in couches in jonesboro
china

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 12, 2012
who is wrote:
owner?
manager?
local folks?
owner is don
manager is keri his son and someone else they hired

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 12, 2012
china wrote:
<quoted text>
owner is don
manager is keri his son and someone else they hired
no, Kerry is the owner, not don.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Feb 12, 2012
china wrote:
<quoted text>
fish is imported crap from china. owners are arsonists have burned everyting they have owned. killed the business in couches in jonesboro
calling someone an arsonist is pretty serious. You've got proof Kerry's burned something? Far as I know, nothing of his has ever burned.
just wondering

Little Rock, AR

#17 Feb 14, 2012
is the steak house across the bridge open i think it use to be the branding iron steak house

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 14, 2012
just wondering wrote:
is the steak house across the bridge open i think it use to be the branding iron steak house
yes, but not a steak house, it's called the wing hut.
Poky Gal

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 15, 2012
Satisfied Customer wrote:
We ate there off the buffet,not impressed at all.

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 15, 2012
We ate there one night last week for the first time and their food was very good. They made us fried pickles even though it was not on the menu. Their service IS the best best in town!! Defiantly going back again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr --Bad Dad-- 38,313
Thrift Store 3 hr fed up 1
This town is a methamphetamine toilet 12 hr Crookedpolice 4
PJHS Teachers from the 90s 16 hr Guest 1
Jonathan Noblin 18 hr Unsatisfied 2
Cates (Mar '09) 20 hr missinu 11
New apartmens 21 hr CitizenX 27

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance