Walnut Ridge Nursing Rehab shakeup

Walnut Ridge Nursing Rehab shakeup

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

HAHA

Little Rock, AR

#1 Nov 26, 2013
Don't know why first discussion was removed. Whwy was Danielle fired and why is Angie leaving?
HAHA

Walnut Ridge, AR

#2 Nov 26, 2013
Also why was Britney fired! They need to get rid of alot of people that work here! I worked there for a while. Worst place to work!
leave them alone

Little Rock, AR

#3 Nov 26, 2013
leave them alone. what did they do to you. while i agree that danielle wasn't experienced for her job, i still feel for her. here it is thanksgiving and christmas holiday's and she has no job and is pregnant i believe.
leave them alone

Little Rock, AR

#4 Nov 26, 2013
leave them alone wrote:
leave them alone. what did they do to you. while i agree that danielle wasn't experienced for her job, i still feel for her. here it is thanksgiving and christmas holiday's and she has no job and is pregnant i believe.
You must be a member of their "crew". Maybe the whole "crew" will get let go. The staff out there has needed to be gone thru with fine tooth comb for a long time. So does anyone know why these people are being fired or leaving? Is it drugs, stealing money, or someone figure out there's people doing jobs that they are not qualified to do.
Coworker

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2013
I hate to say but I seen this coming and it doesnt surprise me and I dont see it ending yet. You have to have experience doing your job. If it calls for a degree then you should have a degree. You cant be a nurse without a license, you cant be a doctor if you dont go to medical school, you cant be a lawyer an not go to law school, you cant work the books for a nursing home with a CNA license.
not a coworker

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Nov 26, 2013
Just cause u got degree dnt mean jack, sometimes its more common sense, and a lot of book keeping is different than what was learned in ur classes cause new software is constantly being made for different needs for the jobs out there so basically if u can learn the program then u can do the job, all u gotta do is type n the info n computer does the work and just cause u have the knowledge doesn't make u qualified there is more to a job then just a degree especially dealing with the public, got have good attitude n out goin personality
opinion

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Nov 26, 2013
What's funny is PHRC doesn't require a degree in their offices. I'm sure its so they can overwork and underpay their administration. I'd get your facts straight about what that company is doing to their staff before I blamed it on the people that work or use to work there. Those people work their butts off just to be put down by the administrator and her bosses. They need to get those people out of there, the management, then maybe they'd have a decent workplace.
family member

United States

#8 Nov 27, 2013
Danielle may not have had a degree, but she knew what she was doing. She helped my family get approved for medicaid. Handled everything from start to finish. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. Which was nice since we do not live in Arkansas. Very respectful of our wishes as well. This is not the case at other homes we looked at. They wanted us to fill out the application and handle the interview. Things seem to have run more smoothly when the previous adminstrator was there. This new one seems to be a little wet behind the ears. Angie was also very helpful. She handled a meeting with us, and was very reassuring. And she was very complimentry of her floor staff. Most of the staff, and I do mean most, are very knowledgeable when it comes to their jobs. The others have no tact. But luckily, I don't have to deal with that person much.

If this home is like others, maybe your floor staff doesn't realize what happens in the management staff. Typically, your management staff is dictated by your administrator and corporate. They are mostly puppets in a bigger world. So maybe the problem is not your floor staff, or the management ie Angie, Danielle or the crew your refer to. Maybe it goes further than that. If they are firing people like them, then it will just be a matter of time before this home gets the reputation it used to have many years ago when I lived in Pocahontas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racheal zingleman (May '11) 2 hr royjr 26
is peco still hiring? 17 hr Jack 23
Anita Pickett 18 hr Guest 1
Peco Wed Whacky tabacy 18
John Simkins (Mar '15) Wed Samantha garrett 38
Jennie oden Jun 28 One Who Knows 2
well drillers Jun 27 Guest 9

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance