Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

I don't trust a word any of our elected officials say when it comes to how our taxpayers money will be spent. I don't have to go to any public meeting to hear their BS. lies lies and more lies, with their supporters at these meeting giving their opinions on how great this will be, to bad you don't get to be the only ones voting.

VOTE NO AGAINST ANY NEW TAX
Perry Mason

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

doh wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!!!! that will NOT solve the problem.
the city council IS the problem.
voting down the tax and voting out the council is the ONLY solution to our problems.$1 million out of existing taxes will build a fine pool.
have you not noticed that city officials DO NOT listen to the people and DO ignore their votes?
did you not notice we were misled to believe the last tax was to save our hospital and we voted in good intent for that, only to find we were misled by the council fine print and rhetoric.
folks believing in and electing this council, the council's utter failure to use common sense and listen to the people, their lack of smart sensible leadership while pushing personal agendas, is OUR shame, and something to cry over.
DUH!!!!!!! I guess you don't know what you are talking about. Who do you think the city council is? The PEOPLE OF POCAHONTAS! Common sense would say, you like to bark up a tall tree. Perry Mason would say, your a lot of talk and no bit. Why don't you get off your chair and donate your time helping our community , Children and our old people . Then yourself would have common sense..
doh

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Perry Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!!!!!!! I guess you don't know what you are talking about. Who do you think the city council is? The PEOPLE OF POCAHONTAS! Common sense would say, you like to bark up a tall tree. Perry Mason would say, your a lot of talk and no bit. Why don't you get off your chair and donate your time helping our community , Children and our old people . Then yourself would have common sense..
"have you not noticed that city officials DO NOT listen to the people and DO ignore their votes?
did you not notice we were misled to believe the last tax was to save our hospital and we voted in good intent for that, only to find we were misled by the council fine print and rhetoric."

i've donated more time than you'll ever know to our community.
if i lived in the city i would have run for the council the last few terms.

we obviously need new folks on the council who will do as the voters wish and voted for, rather than their personal agendas.

they also need to use more common sense when proposing such unreasonable tax and spend measures for something that will be used by a small minority and cost everyone another 1% on their purchases. they should have cut the water park costs by more than half, rather than inflating it another $1.5 mil.
if you opened your eyes you would see that this council has proven by their actions to be out of touch with a majority of THE PEOPLE OF POCAHONTAS.
Perry Mason

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

doh wrote:
<quoted text>
"have you not noticed that city officials DO NOT listen to the people and DO ignore their votes?
did you not notice we were misled to believe the last tax was to save our hospital and we voted in good intent for that, only to find we were misled by the council fine print and rhetoric."
i've donated more time than you'll ever know to our community.
if i lived in the city i would have run for the council the last few terms.
we obviously need new folks on the council who will do as the voters wish and voted for, rather than their personal agendas.
they also need to use more common sense when proposing such unreasonable tax and spend measures for something that will be used by a small minority and cost everyone another 1% on their purchases. they should have cut the water park costs by more than half, rather than inflating it another $1.5 mil.
if you opened your eyes you would see that this council has proven by their actions to be out of touch with a majority of THE PEOPLE OF POCAHONTAS.

I have a problem with your views, for starter, with yourself. Move into the city limits and make a different. Run for office as city council or even for mayor! Instead of judging others with your words of writing. You are also one person as you pointed out to me. One vote, One believe and One word. The city council is giving the voters a choice if they want or not to want 1 cent sale tax for a short time, money will be spent for a great calls. Now I do agree with your statement on cut the water park costs by more than a half. Just have the swimming pools and water park in whole, not other things as meeting rooms a warm tubs.. I do see for new restrooms and changing rooms and a kitchen for events. Come and help on the figures on and the size of a water park that you would like? Move to town, or come to the town meetings to show your support ! Hope to see you there soon. Thanks Perry Mason

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

VOTE AGAINST ANY NEW TAX,
the hospital/city is being sued for over a million dollars. how much is the new attorney being paid since JG knows he's can't handle this case?
$$$$$
sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Wait a minute... The city council effectively OVERTURNED the vote of the people REJECTING ProMed. So the council chose PROMED again anyway, against the peoples vote. How can ANYONE trust the council to do the will of the people? They have a bad track record.
If the tax is defeated, the council will pass an emergency ordinance, and find a way to tax you 'til you bleed. And there's NOTHING you can do about it, they've said so, and proved it
yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

a pool?....or a hospital? A pool?.....or a hospital? Which will it be?

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

jobs lost with the city owned hospital? vote no no on this pool bs
See or Yes

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Why did the cut jobs? What are you talking about?
4horseman

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

You people just want a retirement village . Look what the same complex done for Paragould. What alot of you are not seeing is if these 2 taxes pas the 2% hamburger tax goes away so you are trading a 2% tax for a 1% tax

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

vote against any new tax
i see said the blind man

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

4horseman wrote:
You people just want a retirement village . Look what the same complex done for Paragould. What alot of you are not seeing is if these 2 taxes pas the 2% hamburger tax goes away so you are trading a 2% tax for a 1% tax
the 2 cent hamburgler tax is not the same as a 1 cent sales tax.
Paragould has 3 times the population of pokey = more money, need, and usage.

Imboden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

i see said the blind man wrote:
<quoted text>the 2 cent hamburgler tax is not the same as a 1 cent sales tax.
Paragould has 3 times the population of pokey = more money, need, and usage.
true
nope

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
true
Paragould has FOUR times the population.
wow

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

for $7.5 mil maybe we could get a real park like this instead of the enclosed swim team wet dream.
add another river the county!

http://www.sevenpeaks.com/PoplarBluff/LazyRiv...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 115 of115
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obgyn 12 min dr j 2
seat belt tickets 13 min Guest 11
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Speller Feller 28,661
Rcky Ballard 11 hr dontworry 2
kelle harmon 12 hr destinie 1
new dollar store on hwy. 62 20 hr guest 16
Window Tint 20 hr happy customer 4
•••
•••