|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

BridgeWatcher wrote:
There was a comment about the holes in the Black River Bridge in pokey. Well, Heres the truth about that subject.... never seen a comment about this yet. The holes in the bridge are not the city's work to do..its the state road dept. but heres a good point to think about... the bridge in Poky that crosses the Black River has the same weight limit on it as the one in Black Rock does right now...33 tons...why are they builing a new bridge there...but this one is ok? i think theres a snake in the wood pile. the main reason they are not stopping trucks for using it is that would shut down ALL trucks in this area for miles and miles. if you dont think theres a weight limit the same...just cross it look just as you go on it...33 ton limit...now why?
THAT IS BECAUSE THE STATE HWY DEPT ENGINEERS ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS
AND POLITICS COMES INTO PLAY. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID, AND YOU CAN'T FIX CITY COUNCIL.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Is this the best thing we can do with 7 million?
Really?
This is not careful planning, it is speculation based on a personal agenda.
where is our money

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

we should ask the mayor, council, and clerk where all the funds are from the 1 cent tax we were asked to pass FOR THE HOSPITAL.
Take a little time

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

where is our money wrote:
we should ask the mayor, council, and clerk where all the funds are from the 1 cent tax we were asked to pass FOR THE HOSPITAL.
I can tell where is your money! If you go to the city council meetings, you can find out that the hospital gets $600,000 a year. I guess you would say,$50,000 a month. Any else you need to know? People of Pocahontas save the hospital! You live outside the city limits, heck you live in another county! If the Hospital board wanted to, they could charge more if you live outside of the city limits and even more from another state. Now lets talk about pools!$00.01

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

You will never find a better way to fix things and make them more efficient if you do not let them break first.
where is our money

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Take a little time wrote:
<quoted text> I can tell where is your money! If you go to the city council meetings, you can find out that the hospital gets $600,000 a year. I guess you would say,$50,000 a month. Any else you need to know? People of Pocahontas save the hospital! You live outside the city limits, heck you live in another county! If the Hospital board wanted to, they could charge more if you live outside of the city limits and even more from another state. Now lets talk about pools!$00.01
voters were asked to pass the 1 cent to save the hospital.

how much does the 1 cent bring in per year?

how much does the hospital get?

how much is spent somewhere else instead of being put in a hospital fund as intended.
math

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Roughly, 1/2 cent is planned to pay off 7.5 mil water park in 10-12 yrs. 10yrs=120 months X 60k/month = 7.2 mil.

1 cent should be bringing in approx 120k/month for the hospital.
is the hopital getting or spending that much?
if not, where is the rest?
being spent? or put in a hospital fund?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

City Clerk books are public information. Any one can find out for themselves.
The 1% tax previously voted on was a GENERAL tax - meaning it can be used for various departments. Majority by far does go to the hospital. Street Dept and Economic Development receive a smaller portion of the tax monthly. In 2012, the hospital did receive over $1M of funding from that tax.

The tax does not bring in $120k per month and never has. It's roughly $100k per month.

Moving forward is the only way to help Pocahontas.
Think positive!!

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Well, I am still positive that voting another tax on myself is not gonna happen. Are you freakin kiddin me? Of all the dumb, stupid, things to waste money on! Must be empty space between some peoples ears! Its taking money out of our pockets and pissing it away!!! There is enough of that going on already!!!!!!!!

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

the 1 cent passed for hospital and now your saying 100% isn't going to the hospital?

for this reason no one should vote for any new tax they spin it their way on where it's going to be used then it's goes into other budgets?

fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me

vote no not just once but twice on the ballot
New guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Does anyone know where this pool complex is supposed to be built. Will the general public have equal access the same as the elites

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

where the old one is.
wonder if someone was to start a water exercise class would they have use for free like the swim team does?
Problem solved

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

All having problems with the 1cent sale tax and then changing to a 1/2 cent tax go to the public hearing meetings and express yourself to the citizens of Pocahontas voters. You will be surprise what you will hear! I have made both on the idea of the Water Park and a big turn out was for a water park! Everyone knew that a tax would have to fund it. At the time the price was a lot lower to build. That's the reason why the city has public hearings. It's the law and great for public ideas! Bring it on! Your problem is solved... Hell fire, quick crying!

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

problem solved by a No No vote
imo

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Guest wrote:
City Clerk books are public information. Any one can find out for themselves.
The 1% tax previously voted on was a GENERAL tax - meaning it can be used for various departments. Majority by far does go to the hospital. Street Dept and Economic Development receive a smaller portion of the tax monthly. In 2012, the hospital did receive over $1M of funding from that tax.
The tax does not bring in $120k per month and never has. It's roughly $100k per month.
Moving forward is the only way to help Pocahontas.
Think positive!!
STOPPING RECKLESS SPENDING OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IS A POSITIVE.
VOTE NO TO THE LUXURY TAX!!!!!
KEEP AND SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY AS YOU SEE FIT AND HELP POCAHONTAS MOVE FORWARD!!!

this will not help all of pocahontas. taxing 100% of the people for the luxury of 10% is plain wrong. taking $1000 for every man woman and child in town to build it and another $500k/yr forever is way too much!

govt tax and spending on this project produces less personal income for all and higher maintenace income for parks(500k/yr)forever and higher fees for SOME of the users.

if a small minority of folks want a fancy water park to play in, let them or a business fund, build, and maintain it.

what's next - city buying the country club?
sweet deal for some! FORE!!!
cheaper dues or fees AND private use for certain golf teams!

if the pool IS shot, build a plain million $$ one out of existing "hospital" and hamburgler taxes and raise fees on the users, and charge the swim teams for use and their reserved time. scrap the roof and heated indoor stuff wish list for a few users.

instead of fancy water spouts and slides just partially open a fireplug on top of the hill and buy a few rolls of visqueen!!!
doh

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Problem solved wrote:
All having problems with the 1cent sale tax and then changing to a 1/2 cent tax go to the public hearing meetings and express yourself to the citizens of Pocahontas voters. You will be surprise what you will hear! I have made both on the idea of the Water Park and a big turn out was for a water park! Everyone knew that a tax would have to fund it. At the time the price was a lot lower to build. That's the reason why the city has public hearings. It's the law and great for public ideas! Bring it on! Your problem is solved... Hell fire, quick crying!
DUH!!!! that will NOT solve the problem.
the city council IS the problem.

voting down the tax and voting out the council is the ONLY solution to our problems.$1 million out of existing taxes will build a fine pool.

have you not noticed that city officials DO NOT listen to the people and DO ignore their votes?

did you not notice we were misled to believe the last tax was to save our hospital and we voted in good intent for that, only to find we were misled by the council fine print and rhetoric.

folks believing in and electing this council, the council's utter failure to use common sense and listen to the people, their lack of smart sensible leadership while pushing personal agendas, is OUR shame, and something to cry over.

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

imo wrote:
<quoted text>STOPPING RECKLESS SPENDING OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IS A POSITIVE.
VOTE NO TO THE LUXURY TAX!!!!!
KEEP AND SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY AS YOU SEE FIT AND HELP POCAHONTAS MOVE FORWARD!!!
this will not help all of pocahontas. taxing 100% of the people for the luxury of 10% is plain wrong. taking $1000 for every man woman and child in town to build it and another $500k/yr forever is way too much!
govt tax and spending on this project produces less personal income for all and higher maintenace income for parks(500k/yr)forever and higher fees for SOME of the users.
if a small minority of folks want a fancy water park to play in, let them or a business fund, build, and maintain it.
what's next - city buying the country club?
sweet deal for some! FORE!!!
cheaper dues or fees AND private use for certain golf teams!
if the pool IS shot, build a plain million $$ one out of existing "hospital" and hamburgler taxes and raise fees on the users, and charge the swim teams for use and their reserved time. scrap the roof and heated indoor stuff wish list for a few users.
instead of fancy water spouts and slides just partially open a fireplug on top of the hill and buy a few rolls of visqueen!!!
i agree

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

doh wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!!!! that will NOT solve the problem.
the city council IS the problem.
voting down the tax and voting out the council is the ONLY solution to our problems.$1 million out of existing taxes will build a fine pool.
have you not noticed that city officials DO NOT listen to the people and DO ignore their votes?
did you not notice we were misled to believe the last tax was to save our hospital and we voted in good intent for that, only to find we were misled by the council fine print and rhetoric.
folks believing in and electing this council, the council's utter failure to use common sense and listen to the people, their lack of smart sensible leadership while pushing personal agendas, is OUR shame, and something to cry over.
great post
Perry Mason

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Problem solved wrote:

This is a GREAT POST!!!! This is the ANSWER. Take it to the people!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 39 min Your conscience 29,624
best new name for Pochontas 1 hr yeah 33
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr Ancient Do Do 9,866
Flattered 4 hr lmao 1
Party Poppers (Oct '10) 6 hr Questions 69
Red Golden Retriever on Heather Lane 8 hr ridiculous 8
factory closing 8 hr yoga bear 8
current river drowning 12 hr Dirty laundry 7
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••