Pocahontas council passes pool measur...

Mountain Home, AR

#61 Mar 17, 2013
Sour Candy wrote:
<quoted text> Your a real winner! Keep up the good work! You must be a kindergarten trying to graduate to 1st grade but, FAILED! Lol I bet your parents keep say to you, "don't give up" you might pass next year! Lmao!!!!!
facts hurt doesn't it don't laugh to hard you'll piss your pants.
the 1 cent isn't enough to fund the hospital they had to also use the street dept money. i have never been in any trouble with the law or on probation figure that one out da.........LMAO!!!!!!!
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#62 Mar 17, 2013
curmudeon wrote:
<quoted text> Its almost impossible to vote them out. Heck many of them dont ever draw a opponet. and if they are voted out you just get another yes man. But even if you could get perfect local politicians it wont matter much. The federal goverment is so messed up and the USA deep in debt & in decline a economic collapse is going to happen. A nation cannott borrow and spend its way to prosperity.
Hear Hear ,I agree totally. But Hope is alive in me. All MUST have hope no matter what. TEA
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#63 Mar 17, 2013
VOTE THE BUMS OUT! Vote all city council out and all of quorum court members out. Get new opponents and support them in public. Shame on all of you who did not support the last opponents In 2010. You got your hope and change. Our constitution and the bill of rights are being erased by Progressives. Randolph Co. Is having Agenda 21 Implemented and you will be slaves to the Federal Gov. even more than you are now because of the leaders you pick every term. Wake the Hell Up. Get your kids out of the school system and home school them. Hell Fire. TEA!!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#64 Mar 17, 2013
Tackmaster wrote:
<quoted text>Hear Hear ,I agree totally. But Hope is alive in me. All MUST have hope no matter what. TEA
There is nothing wrong with hope. However their comes a time when its prudent to face the facts and realize when something is hopeless. Its not that were doomed. Its that what we once had is gone and replaced by something that cant possibly continue without ending in disaster.Myself Im persistant and never entirely give up If something isnt working or making headway Ill not throw good valuable time ,resources & money away to try and rescue a hopeless endavor. As the song states ya gootta know when to hold them. know when to fold them, know when to walk away. and know when to run. The USA was in a one time anomaly after the second world war. We avoided conflict on our soil. We had the factories, workers & natural resources to build everything. europe was bombed out. and we became the producers for the entire world. If someone wanted anything they came here. Nowhere else could you get anything better made at a better price than the USA. but we had a archilles heel. We where too dependent on foriegn oil. the fake jimmy carter gas shortage was the beginning of our downward slide. now american products are not really needed anymore. The rest of the world are not wanting our goods anymore. So what happens now? Our lifestyles and goverment should have become smaller and less costly. Instead in the face of shrinking demand our goverment & lifestyles expanded exploded and grew and it was all done on credit. We got too big for our britches. And we still refuse to diet enough to fit back in them. So pretty soon we will face the music.

United States

#65 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
facts hurt doesn't it don't laugh to hard you'll piss your pants.
the 1 cent isn't enough to fund the hospital they had to also use the street dept money. i have never been in any trouble with the law or on probation figure that one out da.........LMAO!!!!!!!
This isn't true. The hospital doesn't automatically receive the full 1 cent. Only about half. Then they come ask for any additional as needed. Trust someone who actually works out there.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#66 Mar 17, 2013
Tackmaster wrote:
VOTE THE BUMS OUT! Vote all city council out and all of quorum court members out. Get new opponents and support them in public. Shame on all of you who did not support the last opponents In 2010. You got your hope and change. Our constitution and the bill of rights are being erased by Progressives. Randolph Co. Is having Agenda 21 Implemented and you will be slaves to the Federal Gov. even more than you are now because of the leaders you pick every term. Wake the Hell Up. Get your kids out of the school system and home school them. Hell Fire. TEA!!
Its unrealistic to believe you can vote out the parasites. Folks always vote money from the public coffers. Anyone fiscally responsible who ever got elected would be a one term lame duck. and they in poky are all related. The poky & randolph county elections arent about who is the best cantidate, they are a popularity & nepotism contest. I glad I moved away from randolph county.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#67 Mar 17, 2013
Vote no

United States

#68 Mar 17, 2013
I'll be damn if i vote for a tax for a water park for all these non working welfare people to go enjoy while im at work funding this damn project not getting to enjoy it myself. Plus all the non tax paying mexians to enjoy also. We live in a county of 5 rivers we live in a water park why not take 7.5 million an do something there on these waters!!!

Bexar, AR

#69 Mar 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't true. The hospital doesn't automatically receive the full 1 cent. Only about half. Then they come ask for any additional as needed. Trust someone who actually works out there.
you are wrong. the penny was voted on by the people and passed
they receive depending on sales revenue 100 to 125 thousand a month in turn back money.
ARE you saying the city is breaking the law?
Yes

United States

#70 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
they receive depending on sales revenue 100 to 125 thousand a month in turn back money.
Ding ding ding!!! Finally caught on!! Go asked them to see the records.

Mountain Home, AR

#71 Mar 18, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding ding ding!!! Finally caught on!! Go asked them to see the records.
if true WHY would anyone vote for a tax increase when it doesn't go toward the projects intented for.
where are they spending the hospital tax?
sister

Jonesboro, AR

#72 Mar 18, 2013
why vote for what you city counil men want when the voters of this city voted medic 1 and guys kicked them out eat your own words i vote no tax
typical

Mountain Home, AR

#73 Mar 18, 2013
Marty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it was unanimous but don't know who voted against would be interesting to know though
maybe someone else can help with that?
weak article as usual from the paper.
no mention on the vote totals.
did anyone even question or explain the inflation from 6 mil to 7.5 mil?

nice of the mayor to mention the old pool can be fixed and may be open this year. maybe the editor was educated on the false condemnation she wrote of last year.

look for this BIG wet dream to get beat and the council come back with about half that, expecting us to pass a compromise.
typical scare and then switch to something that will STILL be twice too much.
if city can't do it with 1 to 1.5 mil out of existing taxes, it doesn't need done.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#74 Mar 18, 2013
Think

Mountain Home, AR

#75 Mar 18, 2013
Vote no wrote:
I'll be damn if i vote for a tax for a water park for all these non working welfare people to go enjoy while im at work funding this damn project not getting to enjoy it myself. Plus all the non tax paying mexians to enjoy also. We live in a county of 5 rivers we live in a water park why not take 7.5 million an do something there on these waters!!!
It's a sales tax. You pay it when you buy something. It doesn't matter if you work or not. Having said that, I agree with you. Why not have more access to the rivers we are always promoting? We have five rivers and just a few places to put in a boat and virtually no place to fish from the banks. Why not clean a bunch of spots close to the rivers and give some kind of access without having to trespass?
Yes

United States

#76 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
if true WHY would anyone vote for a tax increase when it doesn't go toward the projects intented for.
where are they spending the hospital tax?
My point is we shouldn't vote yes as the funds go to the "making this a retirement town " vote NO!! Make these councilmen prove where our money is going. Start investigating folks!
info

Mountain Home, AR

#77 Mar 18, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is we shouldn't vote yes as the funds go to the "making this a retirement town " vote NO!! Make these councilmen prove where our money is going. Start investigating folks!
i will start a thread on it. tax history. both city and county.
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#78 Mar 19, 2013
Sweet Candy wrote:
<quoted text> Just sit back and watch and learn. You are going to get a big surprise! Not bitter sweet! Hell fire a 1 cent isn't going to Hirt you!
Gonna tax our property and land now. Gonna tax what we own and what we already have and have already paid taxes on. Yes gonna tax what money we already have in the bank. No surprise to me. I urge everyone to rethink where your money is and invest in gold and silver. Keep some cash on hand and put away. Yes you PROGRESSIVE bad boys and girls are coming for more of our money. More of our property. You are passing laws and regulations in secret meetings. You will not tell the public because you know they wont approve of giving any more of what we dont have. You are out of money and you will stop when you cant get anymore of our money. It will come back around and get you too. VOTE THE BUMS OUT!!! OR KEEP PAYING UP, Right Sweet Candy? TEA!
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#79 Mar 19, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing wrong with hope. However their comes a time when its prudent to face the facts and realize when something is hopeless. Its not that were doomed. Its that what we once had is gone and replaced by something that cant possibly continue without ending in disaster.Myself Im persistant and never entirely give up If something isnt working or making headway Ill not throw good valuable time ,resources & money away to try and rescue a hopeless endavor. As the song states ya gootta know when to hold them. know when to fold them, know when to walk away. and know when to run. The USA was in a one time anomaly after the second world war. We avoided conflict on our soil. We had the factories, workers & natural resources to build everything. europe was bombed out. and we became the producers for the entire world. If someone wanted anything they came here. Nowhere else could you get anything better made at a better price than the USA. but we had a archilles heel. We where too dependent on foriegn oil. the fake jimmy carter gas shortage was the beginning of our downward slide. now american products are not really needed anymore. The rest of the world are not wanting our goods anymore. So what happens now? Our lifestyles and goverment should have become smaller and less costly. Instead in the face of shrinking demand our goverment & lifestyles expanded exploded and grew and it was all done on credit. We got too big for our britches. And we still refuse to diet enough to fit back in them. So pretty soon we will face the music.
Yes, you are preaching to someone who has been preparing for 6 yrs now. Investing my income and my resources differently in preparation for AGENDA 21. Changing my thinking errors but keeping Hope. It is not our local yuppy politicians in charge like most people think, It is un elected Men who are NOT angels but in deed are greedy and only want power and are stealing the peoples money and now they are coming after our holdings, our property, our guns and our land to support retirement, health benefits for the un elected and the lackys under them. Like they say, sooner or later the politicians and their DICTATORS run out of other peoples money.
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#80 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the City Audits for past 12 yrs. Dont forget they violated FLSA from 2004 to 2009. They violated other EPA laws. City audits are essentially the same as going to the County clerks or City Clerks and looking at criminal records of course you have to pay money to see them or purchase a copy. So people generally never see that. Thats where the State Auditor or the State Po Po Tell City to comply with laws or risk being found out. This city does not care. Look at the Audits. They spend our money how they see fit period. Noone is looking TEA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This town is a methamphetamine toilet 17 min Guest 12
David hart and mike skeet 3 hr Former coworker 35
Marijuana Dispensary 4 hr SpectateSwamp 6
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 hr Guest 38,353
Drunk driver Jessica Johnson wrecked with Natha... (Oct '12) 14 hr Stop 19
Jonathan Noblin 17 hr Curious 3
A cop named Gamso Tue Shiv 5

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance