Comments
41 - 60 of 115 Comments Last updated Apr 12, 2013
pokey-mom

Jonesboro, AR

#41 Mar 15, 2013
I for one think that since the council thought we didn't know what we wanted when we voted no to the sole ambulance franchise I am sure they will just add the tax and go on since all of us just said ok and never fought back against them. they do what ever they want and never care what we, the citizens wanted I will not vote for this water park and hope you do the same.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#42 Mar 15, 2013
BridgeWatcher wrote:
There was a comment about the holes in the Black River Bridge in pokey. Well, Heres the truth about that subject.... never seen a comment about this yet. The holes in the bridge are not the city's work to do..its the state road dept. but heres a good point to think about... the bridge in Poky that crosses the Black River has the same weight limit on it as the one in Black Rock does right now...33 tons...why are they builing a new bridge there...but this one is ok? i think theres a snake in the wood pile. the main reason they are not stopping trucks for using it is that would shut down ALL trucks in this area for miles and miles. if you dont think theres a weight limit the same...just cross it look just as you go on it...33 ton limit...now why?
Your correct the brige does have a low weight limit. And the first little bridge on 67 south of corning also has a low weight limit. Then too boot hwys 251 & 115 have a low weight limit. andthe road past the Vo tech Hwy 231 going to delaplane is low weight also. also the bridge on hwy 90 west over the creek by Mcllroy church is low weight limit. I used to drive truck in the poky area. when 67 was flooded to go to jonesboro I had to go all the way to bald knob. If the old 67 poky bridge is unsafe for 80,000 pound trucks. they should shut it down and make the newer brige two way traffic. Ive crossed it empty in a semi and it has got problems a lot of noise & movement. Now get this the black rock bridge is 33 tons. the 80,000gravel trucks with trailers dont cross it. however when you get two or more tri axel trucks or empty semi tractor trailer rigs on it at the same time your still exceeding the weight limit.
watch em

Ash Flat, AR

#43 Mar 15, 2013
devil is in the details.

what if the 1/2 cent park upkeep passes and the 1/2 cent pool construction doesn't?

more new $$$ for the city?

and what's to keep the city from breaking their statement to do away with the 2 cent hamburgler tax?

i don't trust em on ANYTHING since they pulled the franchise bs.
Yes

Dallas, TX

#44 Mar 15, 2013
Yes I agree we need something for our kids but doesn't matter if we have something and no one can afford to take our children bc there are no jobs here . Someone please run against these men bc when you do I promise you will have my vote!!
Yes

Dallas, TX

#45 Mar 15, 2013
Also are we going to actually have access to this park or will it be for griders swim team?
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#46 Mar 15, 2013
The mayor tore up the skate park? That was something everyone had equal access to use. only a selfish arrogant person would do something like that. I would bet its gonna be a faciity that only a select few folks get to use. but paid for by the taxpayers.

Mountain Home, AR

#47 Mar 15, 2013
vote AGAINST twice

Mountain Home, AR

#48 Mar 15, 2013
Sweet Candy wrote:
<quoted text> Just sit back and watch and learn. You are going to get a big surprise! Not bitter sweet! Hell fire a 1 cent isn't going to Hirt you!
Sorry, but do not agree. It's not just one cent, its a cent for this and then another cent for that. Hell Fire, I am tired of being taxed!
Sweet Candy

Jonesboro, AR

#49 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but do not agree. It's not just one cent, its a cent for this and then another cent for that. Hell Fire, I am tired of being taxed!
than move to Jonesboro! He'll Fire! 13% sale tax! Go help them out! Cry some more!
Question

Ash Flat, AR

#50 Mar 15, 2013
Was it a unanimous vote??
push

Dallas, TX

#51 Mar 15, 2013
Sweet Candy wrote:
<quoted text> than move to Jonesboro! He'll Fire! 13% sale tax! Go help them out! Cry some more!
Hellfire! I gotta go to Jonesboro or Memphis to find what I want anyway, so what diff does it make?
Will I pay to swim? No. And I'll figure a way to minimize any tax paid in Pocahontas.
Do you think I'm gonna vote for pool because they "think" it's a good idea for the community? That's BS.

Ash Flat, AR

#52 Mar 16, 2013
vote against twice. if this county couldn't support both medic one and pro med how do they think revenue will be there for the pool? what about the hospital? they had to take from the street dept to fund the hospital last year. they wouldn't even consider throwing just a little money toward the community library, come back next year while were doing the budget and ask. did they put money aside for this special election in the 2013 budget? or will they some how find it on the street? oh I forgot they will just pull it from some other city dept? street dept?

Mountain Home, AR

#53 Mar 16, 2013
It amazes me to think that people would even consider spending this kind of money in this time of no jobs and the high price of EVERYTHING! Pocahontas is a piss-poor place to spend seven million dollars on a place to PLAY! Waste of tax payers money big time!
Marty

Ash Flat, AR

#54 Mar 16, 2013
Question wrote:
Was it a unanimous vote??
I don't think it was unanimous but don't know who voted against would be interesting to know though
maybe someone else can help with that?

Mountain Home, AR

#55 Mar 16, 2013
the hospital tax is 1 penny around 100 to 125 thousand a month and they still can't make it so the city also gives another 65 thousand a month now if the hospital doesn't have the funds with insurance payments etc why do they think the pool complex will? it will never fund it's self, it will always be funded with taxpayers money.

Mountain Home, AR

#56 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
the hospital tax is 1 penny around 100 to 125 thousand a month and they still can't make it so the city also gives another 65 thousand a month now if the hospital doesn't have the funds with insurance payments etc why do they think the pool complex will? it will never fund it's self, it will always be funded with taxpayers money.
Again it needs to be said: Even the small governments want to run like the big dogs, spending like a drunken sailor on leave. These leaders could not run a broom, let alone a city. Raise the tax and get rid of the jobs, and just think these nitwits think this will work. After the highway passes Poky it will finish drying up, maybe they can sell the new pool to one of their friends like the rest of the taxpayers projects that have failed.

Mountain Home, AR

#57 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it needs to be said: Even the small governments want to run like the big dogs, spending like a drunken sailor on leave. These leaders could not run a broom, let alone a city. Raise the tax and get rid of the jobs, and just think these nitwits think this will work. After the highway passes Poky it will finish drying up, maybe they can sell the new pool to one of their friends like the rest of the taxpayers projects that have failed.
true
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#58 Mar 17, 2013
Sour Candy

Jonesboro, AR

#59 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
Your a real winner! Keep up the good work! You must be a kindergarten trying to graduate to 1st grade but, FAILED! Lol I bet your parents keep say to you, "don't give up" you might pass next year! Lmao!!!!!
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#60 Mar 17, 2013
Yep Tax & spend. The problem those guys always spend much more than the tax generates in revenue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 29,660
I said it!! 3 hr True 26
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr It Is Done 9,875
Warrant for Ricky(Todd) Kevin Gates 6 hr against women bea... 1
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 13 hr terry l foster 18
Child Molester released 14 hr Guest 11
Flattered Fri LMAO 4
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000