#2 Mar 13, 2013
GREEN check mark AGAINST!
vote is waste of money

Ash Flat, AR

#3 Mar 13, 2013
it will be defeated. not even close. TEA

Cherokee Village, AR

#4 Mar 13, 2013
not too fast the gobs are working very hard to get this passed for mjg beware they will do and say anything to make the people think we can't live without this complex
questions

Ash Flat, AR

#5 Mar 13, 2013
does this $7.5 million cadillac wet dream have a pool with a deep end and diving/jumping board(s).

will the big enclosed lane pool be open for everyone or just "teams"?

public or "teams" have it during peak summer hours?

will the big enclosed pool be heated and open year-round? air conditioned?
how many kids and adults will use it from august to may? 20?
how many folks will use the heated therapy pool year round? 10?

does the city council have any brains?
if so, do they ever use them?
why not?
thoughts

Ash Flat, AR

#6 Mar 13, 2013
$7,500,000/7,500 =$1000+ for every man, woman, and child in the city, just to build it.

AND 1/2 cent sales tax FOREVER.

the formerly so needed, valued, and supported advertising and promotion commission will be deemed useless and killed off.

scary and have to wonder - WILL the council over-ride THIS vote if they don't like the results?
great idea

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Mar 14, 2013
If you are looking for cheap property in pocahontas,this will finish poky off for good,only a fool would try this with a city going down hill,watch this place drop like a rock,is Obama on the city council.
yep

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Mar 14, 2013
inflation/cadillac-ism is bad around here.

new nursing home went from $13 mil to $19 mil.
new pool went from $6 mil to $7.5 mil.
Payup

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Hmmm, has the council produed any research demonstrating expected attendance, revenue, expenses? No. They want your half cent in perpetutity, a cash cow they can milk dry, filling up their slush fund to dole out as they please.
This area needs JOBS, not a plaything. This is serious.

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Mar 14, 2013
they had to take money from the street dept to help fund frmc monthly. had to cash in a bond to help pay for street pavement projects because the money wasn't in the street dept.
Tackmaster

Salem, AR

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Folks, Look deeper in the Tax base. Look at the paper and read about those Free Handout grants coming down the pipeline. Grants we fund to be dillyed out willy nilly for Sidewalks and pools. Maybe the 200,000 bucks needed for sidewalks will be borrowed for some of the pool expense. Maybe our City Council is implimenting AGENDA 21 and Folks Beware, we need them sidewalks, We dont need the holes patched on the black river bridge. Dont park your boat under that bridge, Concrete and ashphalt will fall in your eyes every second. Scares the carp off. AGENDA 21 Will destroy the town and the money will all go for waste and you folks will be enslaved to the Federal government because you allowed the Politicians the Lawyer and the Engineer to collect the grant money and use it willy nilly for personal gain to support their salary and careers. Sure there are lots of legal loop holes to dilly out this money. White collar crime is rampant in our society also. A lot of this information can be supported by going to your local court house and looking at the Books. Look where YOUR MONEY GOES!!! More of that GRANT MONEY is going to support the Politicians/Lawyer/Engineer Than it is the INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE TOWN AND COUNTY! Ask the Corp of Engineers and the ANRC. They both are in town this month. TEA!
Tackmaster

Salem, AR

#12 Mar 14, 2013
Payup wrote:
Hmmm, has the council produed any research demonstrating expected attendance, revenue, expenses? No. They want your half cent in perpetutity, a cash cow they can milk dry, filling up their slush fund to dole out as they please.
This area needs JOBS, not a plaything. This is serious.
Its serious and its AGENDA 21! Please make sure your city counsil is not being fooled by non politicians into thinking this is good for our Town. If they dont do their homework and stop listening to those un-elected officials then we need to fire them. All of them. Quorum Court members too. Its imperitive we start with new elected officials in this city and county or we Keep losing. These members we elect are listening to un elected people on committiees boards and other places to do the will of the Governor and the will of Obama. This is the Peoples matter, The local gov. and local laws are to be set by the people. They are not being set by the people. Shame of us for letting them get away with this. Those who do nothing or are not aware of what our job is as a people in charge of our gov. affairs deserve every law and ordinance, regulation imposed on them. Attend meetings now, not later. TEA!

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Mar 14, 2013
what is agenda 21?
curmudeon

Ash Flat, AR

#14 Mar 14, 2013
Agenda 21 is part of the UN and NWO plan. Agenda 21 is a finiancial tactic to make veryone indebetedto the federal goverment. All of the so called free goverment grants have strings attached. tack is correct in his assesment. He Is wrong to believe there is a political or ballott box solution. Attending meetings just like voting is a waste of time. I moved away from randolph county. I moved to a place that dont have big pipe dreams. there are so many things negative in randolph county. most of thos things require taxes to keep them afloat. the elected officials cannott be trusted to be fiscally responsible. I believe the gobs dont have a desire to become fiscally responsible. Any pipe dream is immediately approved. but tacky you just keep beating on the dead horse.
Local

Mountain Home, AR

#15 Mar 14, 2013
I can't believe they are even thinking about a seven and a half million water park! Jobs are leaving Pocahontas every year and they are building water parks? We have elected morons to the city council!
Tackmaster

Salem, AR

#16 Mar 14, 2013
curmudeon wrote:
Agenda 21 is part of the UN and NWO plan. Agenda 21 is a finiancial tactic to make veryone indebetedto the federal goverment. All of the so called free goverment grants have strings attached. tack is correct in his assesment. He Is wrong to believe there is a political or ballott box solution. Attending meetings just like voting is a waste of time. I moved away from randolph county. I moved to a place that dont have big pipe dreams. there are so many things negative in randolph county. most of thos things require taxes to keep them afloat. the elected officials cannott be trusted to be fiscally responsible. I believe the gobs dont have a desire to become fiscally responsible. Any pipe dream is immediately approved. but tacky you just keep beating on the dead horse.
Shame on you. You live out of town. You have right not to vote, attend meetings and do your duty as a American. Please dont take away hope for anyone who still has it. It is our DUTY to Bind down Politicians from Mischief by the chains of the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson said many smart things. Just as Leaders are not Angels but fragile human beings, then it is our duty to complete through term limits the checks and balance of competency running the peoples government. The main reason I never give up hope is the vision of our men and women in Service to our country. I shall not let them hear me utter there is no solution especially in the ballot box. I shall not hand over my right to vote for political incorrectness and evil rulers who are becoming dictators. What will the dictator do to our men and women in service? I dare not invision that. You hand over your lack of hope to them, I will not. Hand it over, you are impowering those from Washinton and those dictators coming... and you are indeed guilty of that sir. Allow for the few hopeful to act and do a duty to Gods Country. Without Hope we do allow our local affairs to be administered by prefects sent from Washington. Some of us still live here and have a duty. Its anyones choice to act on that duty... or move or give up hope. But I wont utter for anyone to give up hope because of those fighting and suffering for our freedoms and Liberties now in the Service. I respectfully disagree with you on the ballot box and politicians, meetings... being a waste of time. I for one believe our voting system is very corrupt. But I never give up hope the wrong doer will be caught some day. I simply dont just give in to the devil and his desire to destroy the earth and mankind. What kind of thinking is that? I if asked to go to battle will be on the front line, not in the back of the line. TEA!
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#17 Mar 14, 2013
Tackmaster wrote:
<quoted text> Shame on you. You live out of town. You have right not to vote, attend meetings and do your duty as a American. Please dont take away hope for anyone who still has it. It is our DUTY to Bind down Politicians from Mischief by the chains of the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson said many smart things. Just as Leaders are not Angels but fragile human beings, then it is our duty to complete through term limits the checks and balance of competency running the peoples government. The main reason I never give up hope is the vision of our men and women in Service to our country. I shall not let them hear me utter there is no solution especially in the ballot box. I shall not hand over my right to vote for political incorrectness and evil rulers who are becoming dictators. What will the dictator do to our men and women in service? I dare not invision that. You hand over your lack of hope to them, I will not. Hand it over, you are impowering those from Washinton and those dictators coming... and you are indeed guilty of that sir. Allow for the few hopeful to act and do a duty to Gods Country. Without Hope we do allow our local affairs to be administered by prefects sent from Washington. Some of us still live here and have a duty. Its anyones choice to act on that duty... or move or give up hope. But I wont utter for anyone to give up hope because of those fighting and suffering for our freedoms and Liberties now in the Service. I respectfully disagree with you on the ballot box and politicians, meetings... being a waste of time. I for one believe our voting system is very corrupt. But I never give up hope the wrong doer will be caught some day. I simply dont just give in to the devil and his desire to destroy the earth and mankind. What kind of thinking is that? I if asked to go to battle will be on the front line, not in the back of the line. TEA!
Go ahead be a denialist. The fact is the parasites takers outnumber the producing makers. So they vote money from the public coffers. so now the parasite federal goverment cant tax enough from the few remaning producing makers thay borrow 40 cents on every dollar spent. That money is just borrowed from the US. Money printed out of thin air! Like it or not the USA is headed for the same conomic collapse as greece and the former soviet union. Big change is unavoidable and its not going to be pretty.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#18 Mar 14, 2013
GREECE - Police fired stun grenades and tear gas at protesters yesterday as tens of thousands poured into the streets of Athens as part of a nationwide strike to challenge a new round of austerity measures that are expected to cut wages, pensions and healthcare once again. Dozens of youths, some masking their faces with helmets and T-shirts, hurled Molotov cocktails and rocks at police who fired back in an effort to scatter the angry crowds around the parliament building. More than 50,000 people are believed to have participated in the mass walk-out in Athens alone. Hospital doctors, pensioners, teachers and shopkeepers were among the demonstrators that participated in over 60 rallies throughout the debt-ridden country. Even the president of Greece’s police officers participated in the trade union march in Athens alongside uniformed colleagues from the fire department and coastguard.“We don’t owe money to anyone, bring back what’s stolen,” was one of the chants that could be heard in Athens, echoing the violent resentment of many Greeks against politicians and their purported embroilment in tax evasion and corruption scandals. Evangelos Meimarakis, the Parliament Speaker and previous conservative New Democracy minister, temporarily suspended his duties earlier this week after allegations of money laundering. The Finance Ministry’s Fraud squad is investigating at least 30 politicians and public workers for possible corruption charges, including two other former conservative ministers. All three former ministers deny the accusations. Meanwhile, the government has been negotiating with its political allies and international lenders to hammer out a minimum of €11.6bn (£9.2bn) worth of cuts mainly drawn from pensions and wages. Cuts in healthcare and defence are also planned. But delays in agreeing over the exact nature of the cuts is holding up the disbursement of a critical €31.5bn (£25bn) loan instalment that will help Greece stay afloat and inject cash into the economy. Giorgos Loukas, a former electrician, said austerity measures had reduced his monthly pension from €1,100 (£875) to €750 (£600).“We’re being stripped of everything we have,” the 66-year old said. Both his wife and daughter are unemployed, and all three survive on his income.“Where is European solidarity? We’re being insulted as a nation but I will never beg at soup-kitchens for food – my dignity is all I have left.” Greece has been told to implement a succession of spending cuts and structural reforms in an effort to bring down its massive debt in exchange a bailout of nearly €200bn (£160bn). But many experts warn that the measures are only making the recession deeper. One in two youths is out of a job while thousands of educated and skilled professionals are fleeing the country in search of opportunities abroad.“I feel my country is on auction and we’re just an economic experiment,” said Dimitris Palles, 49, a physics researcher at the National Hellenic Research Foundation. Mr Palles, 49, who’s seen his annual salary drop from €24,000 (£19,000) to €19,500 (£15,500).“No level of political mismanagement can justify the pain we’re being asked to endure,” he says.–Independent ---------- Tack this is what will eventually transpire in the USA.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#19 Mar 14, 2013
Payup

United States

#20 Mar 14, 2013
Cur, Tack.....
I appreciate both of you and your larger perspectives. But, back to the local side of things....
Can anyone tell me how many people are estimated to use the complex? Does anyone else question this? Where are the revenue projections?
Oh, NOW I get it.... All the FINANCIAL planning has been done based on TAX revenue, with absolutely ZERO THOUGHT as to how a business works. Let's ask ourselves a question... If the 7.5 million were yours, would YOU loan it to the city council?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lojj 9 min Information 2
State prison in Randolph County (Aug '09) 4 hr Cool Man Luke 86
Kiechs BBQ 5 hr Pokey resident 9
Pocahontas City Attorney & $73,060 he stole 12 hr Vote For Change 18
ISO camper trailer 18 hr Ewing 4
city water park 19 hr Mom of four 22
Kandi g 20 hr Information 4
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs