Tugboat

Severn, MD

#1 Jul 24, 2009
Anyone know a guy named Ronnie Hart down your way?? I used to work with him on the river back from 1990 to 1991. He started a daycare I'm thinking he called it, "Tender Hart Daycare." Ronnie looks like a mountain man, hell of a good man.
Tugboat

Severn, MD

#2 Jul 24, 2009
I meant 1990 to 1996.
yep

Ozark, AL

#3 Jul 24, 2009
Tugboat wrote:
Anyone know a guy named Ronnie Hart down your way?? I used to work with him on the river back from 1990 to 1991. He started a daycare I'm thinking he called it, "Tender Hart Daycare." Ronnie looks like a mountain man, hell of a good man.
Your looking for Ronald Hart, not sure if he is still here, might of moved to jonesboro, that is where his wife works.
day care shut down in '96 or '97.. bad deal, on friday when the parents went to pick the kids up, they were told then they were closing the doors and would not be open monday.. pissed alot of parents off... 5 o'clock on friday and you have to have a child care monday AM, day cares are not open on the weekends. They didnt want to give notice, afraid the parents would find somewhere and they wouldnt get the money the last week they were open.
towboat

Bossier City, LA

#4 Jul 24, 2009
yeah i'm pretty sure ronnie still lives around here somewhere. what boatdid you ride on with him? the ardyce randel?
Tugboat

Severn, MD

#5 Jul 24, 2009
towboat wrote:
yeah i'm pretty sure ronnie still lives around here somewhere. what boatdid you ride on with him? the ardyce randel?
The M/v Co-op Ambassador. Rode with a Olen Wilson also. They busted up our crews at Artco and I went to the M/V American Beauty.
Tugboat

Severn, MD

#6 Jul 24, 2009
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Your looking for Ronald Hart, not sure if he is still here, might of moved to jonesboro, that is where his wife works.
day care shut down in '96 or '97.. bad deal, on friday when the parents went to pick the kids up, they were told then they were closing the doors and would not be open monday.. pissed alot of parents off... 5 o'clock on friday and you have to have a child care monday AM, day cares are not open on the weekends. They didnt want to give notice, afraid the parents would find somewhere and they wouldnt get the money the last week they were open.
I can believe that. Sounds like the Ronnie I know. Likes to cal people "Pumpkin Head."
towboat

Bossier City, LA

#7 Jul 24, 2009
you still on the abe
Tugboat

Windsor Mill, MD

#8 Jul 25, 2009
towboat wrote:
you still on the abe
No I hung up my work vest in 1999.
towboat

Bossier City, LA

#9 Jul 25, 2009
Tugboat wrote:
<quoted text>
No I hung up my work vest in 1999.
i got ya wish i could hang up mine
Tugboat

Windsor Mill, MD

#10 Jul 25, 2009
towboat wrote:
<quoted text>i got ya wish i could hang up mine
I have never meet as many back stabbing, 2 faced people in my life as out on the river. Once I got a Mates job I could not figure out why people wanted the freaking job for a few more dollars a day. Just give me a set of tools and I tighten wires. You know what I mean??
Tugboat

Windsor Mill, MD

#11 Jul 25, 2009
(( I'll Tighten ))
towboat

Bossier City, LA

#12 Jul 25, 2009
Tugboat wrote:
(( I'll Tighten ))
it hasn't changed any. possibly got worse. to much red tape anymore. safety i the big thing now and a lot of people us it as an excuse to st on their ass
Tugboat

Windsor Mill, MD

#13 Jul 25, 2009
Did you work for Artco back in 91 to 96 ??
What boat you on now ??

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2013
I am married to Ronnie's son, Chris. And yes he still working for ARTCO.

Rastous

“Go PACK Go!!”

Since: Dec 09

Lawrenceville, IL.

#15 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
I am married to Ronnie's son, Chris. And yes he still working for ARTCO.
Tugboat a.k.a. "Rastous.' I figured he could not give up working on the river. I miss it myself but am disabled now so that part of my life is just a memory now. I always enjoyed working with Ronnie. Tell the ole 'Pumpkin Head' JR said Hi!

Little Rock, AR

#16 Jul 28, 2013
Will do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 38,359
Rachel Spears? 2 hr Olive juice 13
Trump 4 hr Voter 24
This town is a methamphetamine toilet 5 hr disgusting 14
David hart and mike skeet 11 hr Former coworker 35
Marijuana Dispensary 11 hr SpectateSwamp 6
Drunk driver Jessica Johnson wrecked with Natha... (Oct '12) 21 hr Stop 19

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance