why is alot of restaurants closing in pocahontas?

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

I know why. Because if Ur not dons or mcds or a major brand the people of pocahontas won't show up. They won't show local support
FYI

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
I know why. Because if Ur not dons or mcds or a major brand the people of pocahontas won't show up. They won't show local support
We have gone to every new restaurant that has opened up here, the food and service will be good for about a month,then it goes down hill quick, take Tropical Twist Pizza for example, their buffet was awesome when they first opened, we went in there this past weekend, and the pizza was not fit to eat. That is why the restaurants keep closing here.We go to Jonesboro a lot to dine out, they have some GREAT restaurants there.
fyi

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

vast majority are to broke or poor to eat out very often.
and those numbers are increasing.

reduced numbers can't support 25+ eating places in this town
also

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

tough to run a profitable small business these days.

govt regs, taxes, wages, workers, insurance, utilities, price of food, competition, weak economy, etc.

most profit is probably in selling ice, tea, soda, and water.

surprised so many are still in business here.
also

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

also wrote:
tough to run a profitable small business these days.
govt regs, taxes, wages, workers, insurance, utilities, price of food, competition, weak economy, etc.
most profit is probably in selling ice, tea, soda, and water.
surprised so many are still in business here.
for the idiot(s) that thinks my post was funny, clueless, and nuts, I will add rent or building payments, furniture and kitchen set up costs and food stocking, long work hours, risk, worry, stress, and the headaches caused by serving such idiots.
oldtimer

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

also wrote:
<quoted text>
for the idiot(s) that thinks my post was funny, clueless, and nuts, I will add rent or building payments, furniture and kitchen set up costs and food stocking, long work hours, risk, worry, stress, and the headaches caused by serving such idiots.
with your opinion and attitude you would not have to worry about anyone coming in to your place very often
also

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

oldtimer wrote:
<quoted text>with your opinion and attitude you would not have to worry about anyone coming in to your place very often
so do you agree with the idiots that running a business isn't tough and all those things and why so many fail?
Just sayin

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Because the food is lousy and the service is worse, that is why we go out of town to Rons CatFish Buffet,the food is awesome.
Al sexton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Cause the food sucks an has pubic hair in it. also people trying to sell shit out of a dumpster as fresh stuff. I heard they pare opening a new place on Sand Hill that specialty is sea food Same folks that run buffet at Rhcc
Thomas McNair

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Agree with what Sexton said.........Seefood Buffett at RHCC on weekends is excellnt! hope that new joint they are opening is as good.

Also, I red in RHCC Member Newsletter that over 4th July weeknd they will be serving a BBQ buffett to non-members (thursday-sunday) for 4.95 all you can eat w/desert......Get word out...Sounds like good deal as they are trying to get folks in the door.
Sure

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Don't forget tht price includes all the beer you can drink, don't tell the state police though, not supposed to serve non-members!
Al sexton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I have drank there for years with my membership from vow they have
Reciprocal deal
Sure

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I don't think they do. No worries, the pro-shop sells to anyone that walks in. It's the only liquor store in Randolph County!
td hansom

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Social security disability and welfare checks don't create wealth. The only dif between detriot and poca is the state and they are black. Trash is trash poca turn out the lights. What little industry u have will leave and ur vet clinic u call a hospita willl close. If I wanted to burn down the fn town id. Have to go to jboro gto buy matches. Backwater.
td hansom

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oh and my spelling and grammer sucks LOL
snowman

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

good employees + good food + good management= good place to eat no matter what taxes are involved. The only problem pocahontas is 75% of the population is either making min. wage or a few cents above, or living off of a fixed income.
Umm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RHHCC what is this?
Really

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Cause the city council did say it was ok haven't u figured out that the Olvey has to give the ok for a business to stay in town and they have to clear it with Scott Baltz
Randolph County

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Good food is hard to find in Pocahontas! Try Betty's in Walnut Ridge. The old Catfish place has been completely remodeled and the food is great!
Lawarance County

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

The HAMBURGER TAX a killer! 2% that will change to 1/2 cent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 7 min Ive Been Paying Attention 77
Guy at the Legion 38 min lol 7
Fears Funeral Home 46 min funerals 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Then this guys for you 29,084
Stuff for sale 4 hr high roller 9
Hospital Tax 5 hr better answers 53
any hot guys at pinnacle frames (Sep '09) 5 hr better answers 27
Public Elected Officials Information 15 hr guest 47
•••
•••
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters