Pocahontas Medical Clinic
One on One

Wiseman, AR

#41 Oct 30, 2009
Broke wrote:
Went to the clinic last week - all I needed was my prescriptions renewed. The pa looked at (didn't touch) a rash on my leg, and wrote my prescriptions. Had to have a blood test. Cost me almost $200. I told her we don't have insurance, and had just got back to work after being laid off for over a year. But did she discount anything - NO. You know when I spend $200 for a doctor's appointment, I want to get the full treatment. Look in my ears, my throught, blood pressure etc etc, don't give me the bums rush and a big bill. Next time going somewhere else.
I saw her (HB)once and once was quite enough. I later told my Dr. that I felt I have been overcharged by her. I also told the ladies up front that I DO NOT want to see her. She must get commissions or something. I will not see her again. She is not as competent as most LPN's or APN's. She thinks she knows all, though and treats patients like they are stupid. I know how I feel better than she does. They need to kick her to the curb. If you are paying the same fees, you need to get what you pay for, a REAL doctor.
IDK

Big Spring, TX

#42 Oct 30, 2009
HAPPENS ALLTHE TIME wrote:
YES, THE DR'S AND NURSES TALK ABOUT PATIENTS ALL THE TIME!
And you can hear them inside your little room, and the apn that i saw and told i was hurting all over, get this, sent me home to do stool samples!!!, now my neurosurgin is thinking its fibromyalgia...she diffenetly was not taking any of my visits seriously.
One on One

Viola, AR

#43 Oct 31, 2009
IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can hear them inside your little room, and the apn that i saw and told i was hurting all over, get this, sent me home to do stool samples!!!, now my neurosurgin is thinking its fibromyalgia...she diffenetly was not taking any of my visits seriously.
I don't think HB takes anything seriously but herself.
Sad Truth

Mountain Home, AR

#44 Oct 31, 2009
If you think the NPs at the clinic are bad, just hope you dont have to be put in the hospital because your doctor wont even come see you anymore. They have the hospital doctor that works over there for them and he is a real idiot. He dont ever act like he knows whats going on. I had a family member in the hospital and the nurses and hospital people were great but that doctor didnt ever tell us nothing and I dont think he talked much to the hospital people either. Its sad when the hospital is finally locally owned but our local doctors wont see us there anymore. Sad when you cant see your doctor at the clinic and you cant see them in the hospital. Everyone likes our doctors but if they dont want to see us then we will have to go somewhere else.
Fantastic Dr

Mountain Home, AR

#45 Oct 31, 2009
Sad Truth wrote:
If you think the NPs at the clinic are bad, just hope you dont have to be put in the hospital because your doctor wont even come see you anymore. They have the hospital doctor that works over there for them and he is a real idiot. He dont ever act like he knows whats going on. I had a family member in the hospital and the nurses and hospital people were great but that doctor didnt ever tell us nothing and I dont think he talked much to the hospital people either. Its sad when the hospital is finally locally owned but our local doctors wont see us there anymore. Sad when you cant see your doctor at the clinic and you cant see them in the hospital. Everyone likes our doctors but if they dont want to see us then we will have to go somewhere else.
I hope you are not talking about Dr Reagan because he is a wonderful doctor. He saved my mothers life.
Sad Truth

Mountain Home, AR

#46 Oct 31, 2009
Fantastic Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are not talking about Dr Reagan because he is a wonderful doctor. He saved my mothers life.
No wasnt talking about doctor Reagan. I know he is wonderful. Talking about the new doctor. doctor idiot as in doctor derek. like i said he doesnt act like he has any sense to even take care of animals at the pound
One on One

Bexar, AR

#47 Oct 31, 2009
Sad Truth wrote:
If you think the NPs at the clinic are bad, just hope you dont have to be put in the hospital because your doctor wont even come see you anymore. They have the hospital doctor that works over there for them and he is a real idiot. He dont ever act like he knows whats going on. I had a family member in the hospital and the nurses and hospital people were great but that doctor didnt ever tell us nothing and I dont think he talked much to the hospital people either. Its sad when the hospital is finally locally owned but our local doctors wont see us there anymore. Sad when you cant see your doctor at the clinic and you cant see them in the hospital. Everyone likes our doctors but if they dont want to see us then we will have to go somewhere else.
My mother was hospitalized recently and I saw several Doctors on her ward. Dr. Danny Holt saw her everyday and she was there for a week. The clinic Drs. work long hours in the clinic and there should be a staff Dr. for the hospital to take cars of some of the things, so the other Drs. aren't worked to death. I know I saw at least 3 other doctors on the floor at the hospital besides the staff Dr.
Curiosity and the Cat

Mountain Home, AR

#48 Nov 4, 2009
Anyone notice that it takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to get an appointment with their regular doctor? With the addition of all the APN's and the new sick call hours, one would think you could see your pcp fairly quickly. I called on the 4th and the earliest appointment was the last week of November. At the rate of alloted time that the doctors and APNS want to see their patients, one would think it would take less time to get an appointment, not longer. Just a thought.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#49 Nov 4, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>at the clinic behind bonaza they have a list of the 4 dollar meds at walmart and use it as much as they can i also think city is matching walmarts prices now
Are those of us with insurance eligible for the $4 medications? Even with insurance it's so hard to buy medication sometimes. Four dollar medicine sure would be nice.
One on One

United States

#50 Nov 4, 2009
KissThiss wrote:
<quoted text>Are those of us with insurance eligible for the $4 medications? Even with insurance it's so hard to buy medication sometimes. Four dollar medicine sure would be nice.
That's the price.......$4.00. Some of my family gets their meds cheaper at Walmart than they can with a co-pay somewhere else.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#51 Nov 4, 2009
One on One wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the price.......$4.00. Some of my family gets their meds cheaper at Walmart than they can with a co-pay somewhere else.
I rarely get sick so I never really looked around. I spent $57 on medicine this week for bronchitis. Next time I am going to check out the $4.00 deal.
One on One

United States

#52 Nov 4, 2009
KissThiss wrote:
<quoted text>I rarely get sick so I never really looked around. I spent $57 on medicine this week for bronchitis. Next time I am going to check out the $4.00 deal.
I think most of the $4 meds are the continuing type, like for high blood pressure, etc., that you have to take everyday. There may be anti-biotics, etc., on the list too, I'm not sure. I haven't looked, but I would think they would have the list posted online somewhere.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#53 Nov 4, 2009
One on One wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of the $4 meds are the continuing type, like for high blood pressure, etc., that you have to take everyday. There may be anti-biotics, etc., on the list too, I'm not sure. I haven't looked, but I would think they would have the list posted online somewhere.
Oh, I see. I don't take any maintenance medication. I am pretty blessed to be a healthy person although at the moment I am miserable. lol
info

Mountain Home, AR

#54 Nov 4, 2009
Curiosity and the Cat wrote:
Anyone notice that it takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to get an appointment with their regular doctor? With the addition of all the APN's and the new sick call hours, one would think you could see your pcp fairly quickly. I called on the 4th and the earliest appointment was the last week of November. At the rate of alloted time that the doctors and APNS want to see their patients, one would think it would take less time to get an appointment, not longer. Just a thought.
I agree....I really wish someone who works out there would explain this.....
One on One

United States

#55 Nov 4, 2009
KissThiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. I don't take any maintenance medication. I am pretty blessed to be a healthy person although at the moment I am miserable. lol
Hope you get better soon. I could not think of "maintenance" medication. It was like I went blank, but I walked all the way around it. lol

Since: Nov 09

United States

#56 Nov 4, 2009
One on One wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you get better soon. I could not think of "maintenance" medication. It was like I went blank, but I walked all the way around it. lol
Thank You. It took me a minute to remember what it was called too. lol
Be kind

Trumann, AR

#57 Nov 5, 2009
I tried to get an appt. with DR. dawson in Aug. Was told it would be the first of October. After telling them on the third attempt I would change my sons PCP we got in the next day. Called Tue. of this week and told it would be december, the second week. I explained that we had to see the DR, for a med refill she said there was nothing she could do they were booked up. The Doc wouln't call in a refill with out seeing my son, but wont see him for six weeks. Now he has to go six weeks with out his meds. Don't think so, something is really very wrong here folks. Not only am I going to write a letter to the paper, but even if I have to cstay on th phone for hours my sons PCP will be changed. I have always bragged on the care my son recieved from Dr. Dawson, I won't be bragging any more.
Guest

Mundelein, IL

#58 Nov 6, 2009
I have also tried to get an appointment to get my blood preasure medicine filled and they said I could not get an appointment for a month. What I dont understand if they are so busy then why when I went in there yesterday cause my daughter was at sick call at 3:30 there was not one person in the waiting room. If they were so booked I would think there would be people in the waiting room.
One on One

United States

#59 Nov 6, 2009
Be kind wrote:
I tried to get an appt. with DR. dawson in Aug. Was told it would be the first of October. After telling them on the third attempt I would change my sons PCP we got in the next day. Called Tue. of this week and told it would be december, the second week. I explained that we had to see the DR, for a med refill she said there was nothing she could do they were booked up. The Doc wouln't call in a refill with out seeing my son, but wont see him for six weeks. Now he has to go six weeks with out his meds. Don't think so, something is really very wrong here folks. Not only am I going to write a letter to the paper, but even if I have to cstay on th phone for hours my sons PCP will be changed. I have always bragged on the care my son recieved from Dr. Dawson, I won't be bragging any more.
I can't imagine a Dr. not calling in a refill if the patient can't get it to see him if it is maintenance meds. Call and ask to talk to that particular Drs. nurse and see if it helps any.
One on One

United States

#60 Nov 6, 2009
Guest wrote:
I have also tried to get an appointment to get my blood preasure medicine filled and they said I could not get an appointment for a month. What I dont understand if they are so busy then why when I went in there yesterday cause my daughter was at sick call at 3:30 there was not one person in the waiting room. If they were so booked I would think there would be people in the waiting room.
Maybe they don't do afternoon appointments anymore. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stink bugs 1 hr Old timer 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Reality Check 39,397
Gas Prices 2 hr Old timer 39
Q: A blond, a brunette, and a red-head..... 7 hr Guest 2
What do u call a black man on a surf board 9 hr guest 2
Q: What's the difference between a battery and ... 21 hr Pam 3
Q: What's the difference between a wife and a g... 21 hr Pam 4

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages