Plymouth Tornado Damage

There are 6 comments on the Sep 14, 2008, Ferndale Pleasant Ridge Mirror story titled Plymouth Tornado Damage. In it, Ferndale Pleasant Ridge Mirror reports that:

Residents and on-lookers talk with apartment complex manager Rick Stiltner Sunday morning in the wake of a tornado that struck the Plymouth Township complex Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ferndale Pleasant Ridge Mirror.

Randy

Bad Axe, MI

#1 Sep 14, 2008
My son just moved out of lakepointe village apartment j133. Does anyone know if this was one of the buildings hit? Is everyone ok? Our thoughts are with all our friends there.
Debra

Northville, MI

#2 Sep 14, 2008
Hello:

We were in the path of the tornado in Plymouth. Lakepointe Village was hit pretty hard, but there were no injuries. We lost a huge tree and had damage to our house. If you google, Plymouth Michigan Tornado you can read news about it.

Thank goodness no one was hurt.

I hope that puts your mind at ease.
Debra
Jeni

Northville, MI

#3 Sep 14, 2008
I went there this morning because my sister used to live there a few months ago before she got married. I do not know the apartment number that was damaged but I can tell you the location of the building. If you go in the drive and take it to the end and then make a right. (the pool is on the left) The building on the right is the one that was hit hardest. That is the one that took the most damage and the one that no longer has a roof.
George

Detroit, MI

#4 Sep 15, 2008
What time did it occur? I can't seem to find that anywhere mentioned in the newspaper articles.
Dawn

Columbus, OH

#5 Sep 15, 2008
It happened at 9:20 PM on Saturday. Roof completely off one building. Huge trees uprooted. My sister and her husband live there. We couldn't get to them for three hours. I saw it today again, and I am amazed at how much work has already been done to restore the building without the roof.
LynnAnn

AOL

#6 Sep 18, 2008
We live in Livonia, just past Eckles. I heard the sirens going off and I knew it was in Plymouth. The Livonia sirens nvere went off. My husband said to ignor it because evn though there was lots of rain, it didn't seem the type to produce such a storm. So much for bad advice.

We've driven by it a few times and it's nasty. Can you imagine a bigger one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Township Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business owner defends hanging nooses, Confeder... Sat watching livonia 4
News 'Obama Phone' store opens in Livonia (Apr '13) Fri Ericka Braxton 3
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Apr 24 curious1960 24
15 candidates running for livonia city counc... Apr 24 watching livonia 2
News Livonia seeking bicyclist input for non-motoriz... Apr 20 Tony 4
New street signs and tarring of side streets Apr 18 watching livonia 2
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) Apr 16 Sarah 158
More from around the web

Plymouth Township People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE