Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Masters Program

Erie, PA

#57857 Jun 9, 2014
Sadly a thread about governor has moved to Obama. Hate to admit your vote has screwed nearly every Pennsylvanian?
Tom C

West Mifflin, PA

#57858 Jun 10, 2014
Tom Wolf has moved ahead of Corbett by 23 points in the most recent polls .......Corbett is a one term governor who destroyed the state of Pa

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
justhefacts

Wilmington, DE

#57860 Jun 10, 2014
Tom C wrote:
Tom Wolf has moved ahead of Corbett by 23 points in the most recent polls .......Corbett is a one term governor who destroyed the state of Pa
HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Destroyed how?????

What bugs me is comments like this with ZIP to back up ones opinion

Pa 28 billion budget back in the Rendell days was 10.2 billion for schools and 10.1 billion for Welfare!!!

So WHOM destroyed Pa in its history and all the states/country for that matter.

Again do you have ANY relevant facts / numbers to back up your claim???

OR are you just a koolaid drinker…

I bet you also think Bush caused the recession which he had Zero to do with that in Facts….
Masters Program

Erie, PA

#57861 Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania is not destroyed, however he has hurt the state.
Let me start with his strikes at the middle class and working poor. By doubling the cost of registrations for vehicles, drivers license, etc. he has tightened an already tight belt.
By adding a big gas tax rather than taxing drillers like most states do, he has made travel very tough and expensive for working class.
By refusing to sign a transportation bill in a timely fashion in 2013, he greatly affected the economy. Many construction workers were left with little or no funds to spend money which would boost the economy. This also put drivers of many highways and roads at risk driving on bridges that were in dire need of repair.
By changing the unemployment laws, he negatively affected thousands of seasonal workers. The restriction he added caused many hard working people unable to collect even though in some cases they earned over $30,000 in their base year. More money that didn't go in the economy.
His cuts to education are well documented. Many, if not most, school districts were forced to eliminate positions due to his cuts.
The state college/university system was also hurt and forced to cut entire departments at many institutions.
He also presented many ideas that didn't succeed but were designed to further cripple the working class. Included was his idea to tax those using state parks.
tea bagger removal

West Mifflin, PA

#57862 Jun 11, 2014
By Robert Costa / The Washington Post

In a stunning upset propelled by Tea Party activists, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., was defeated in Tuesday’s congressional primary, with insurgent David Brat delivering an unpredicted and devastating loss to the second-most-powerful Republican in the House, who has widely been touted as a future speaker.

The race was called shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern time by the Associated Press, and Mr. Cantor conceded a short time later.

“I know there’s a lot of long faces here tonight,” Mr. Cantor said to a stunned crowd of supporters in a Richmond hotel ballroom.“It’s disappointing, sure. But I believe in this country. I believe there’s opportunity around the next corner for all of us.”

Mr. Brat’s victory gives the GOP a volatile outlook for the rest of the campaign season, with the party establishment struggling late Tuesday to grapple with the news, and some conservatives relishing a surprising win.

“This is an earthquake,” said former Minnesota Rep. Vin Weber, a friend of Mr. Cantor’s.“No one thought he’d lose.”

But Mr. Brat, tapping into conservative anger over Mr. Cantor’s role in supporting efforts to reform federal immigration laws, found a way to combat the majjority leader’s significant financial edge.
tea bagger

West Mifflin, PA

#57863 Jun 11, 2014
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Destroyed how?????
What bugs me is comments like this with ZIP to back up ones opinion
Pa 28 billion budget back in the Rendell days was 10.2 billion for schools and 10.1 billion for Welfare!!!
So WHOM destroyed Pa in its history and all the states/country for that matter.
Again do you have ANY relevant facts / numbers to back up your claim???
OR are you just a koolaid drinker…
I bet you also think Bush caused the recession which he had Zero to do with that in Facts….
keep swallowing that tea bag nut juice .........
Presidential Monarchy

Scranton, PA

#57864 Jun 11, 2014
Congress not among top 90 to learn of Bergdahl trade
6/9/14
'How many Qatar officials knew about the deal?'

Members of Congress on Monday learned they were not among the top 90 people to be told of the deal President Obama cut with terrorists for the release of five top Taliban commanders at Guantanamo Bay in exchange for a U.S. soldier.

And they now have a few questions about that.

Congress held a behind-closed-doors hearing on the deal for Bergdahl. Some of the details presented were classified, others not.

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., told WND:“Today my colleagues and I were informed that as many as 80 to 90 Obama administration officials were aware of the plan to exchange Sgt. Bergdahl for five dangerous terrorists before a single member of Congress was informed.”

Meadows said it is “wholly unacceptable that President Obama knowingly chose to completely bypass Congress.”

The congressman said his question for the White House now is:“How many Qatar officials knew about the deal before a single member of Congress was made aware?”

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/congress-not-among...
Fools Deny It

Scranton, PA

#57866 Jun 11, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
A new survey from Fox News. Hilarious.
Fox the Most Trusted Name In News
June 10, 2014

Almost no one thinks MSNBC is trustworthy.

Fox is the most trusted TV news source.

As media analysts say, Heh.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/379968/f...
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#57868 Jun 11, 2014
I trusted them too until Dick Morris and Karl Rove said Romney would win by a landslide with over 300 electoral votes.. LMAO!
Hillary

West Mifflin, PA

#57869 Jun 11, 2014
In a stunning upset propelled by Tea Party activists, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., was defeated in Tuesday’s congressional primary, with insurgent David Brat delivering an unpredicted and devastating loss to the second-most-powerful Republican in the House, who has widely been touted as a future speaker.
The race was called shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern time by the Associated Press, and Mr. Cantor conceded a short time later.
“I know there’s a lot of long faces here tonight,” Mr. Cantor said to a stunned crowd of supporters in a Richmond hotel ballroom.“It’s disappointing, sure. But I believe in this country. I believe there’s opportunity around the next corner for all of us.”
Feckless Obama

Scranton, PA

#57870 Jun 12, 2014
Obama:‘I always Take Responsibility’, But VA Is Bush’s Fault
30 May 2014

President Obama announced the resignation of Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki Friday, vowing to take full responsibility for the increasingly widespread scandal engulfing the VA's health services.

Within seconds of taking responsibility, however, the President made sure to assert that the problems "predate my presidency."

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/01/obama-%E...
Unaccomplished Liar

Scranton, PA

#57871 Jun 12, 2014
Hillary's comments on Benghazie:

"Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans," Clinton said.

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

“I take responsibility, but...”
John Boner

West Mifflin, PA

#57872 Jun 12, 2014
After losing his primary to tea party challenger David Brat, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced he will be stepping down from House leadership at the end of July.

Share to Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Add to PersonalPost

Share via Email

Print Article

More

By David A. Fahrenthold, Rosalind S. Helderman and Jenna Portnoy, Published: June 11 E-mail the writers

Last month in Richmond, Eric Cantor stepped to a microphone in a hotel ballroom full of Republican activists from his home district. He was clearly ticked off.

Cantor’s wife and two of his kids were there. His mother was there. His mother-in-law was there. And right there in front of them all, a little-known professor from a little college had just called Cantor a bad conservative. The normally cool Cantor was about to strike back — showing a pique he has turned on the president but rarely shows in public.

Read the shocking story here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/what-w...
D Rumsfeld

West Mifflin, PA

#57873 Jun 12, 2014
Unaccomplished Liar wrote:
Hillary's comments on Benghazie:
"Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans," Clinton said.
"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"
“I take responsibility, but...”
HAAAA! Dumbass you cant even spell Benghazi .HAAAAA!
D Rumsfeld

West Mifflin, PA

#57874 Jun 12, 2014
How Eric Cantor Sabotaged Himself

The No. 2 House Republican was expected to coast to victory Tuesday night—but went down in flames to largely unknown Tea Partier Dave Brat, who ran on an anti-immigration platform.

The shock defeat of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor by college professor Dave Brat is the type of upset that audiences wouldn’t believe in a Disney movie. Perhaps the most cinematic twist is that, at least in part, Cantor did this to himself. A toxic mix of ignoring grassroots Republicans in his district and becoming a lightning rod on the controversial issue of immigration reform meant that a future Speaker of the House became a former congressman Tuesday night.

Brat, the shock Republican nominee, is a professor of economics at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia, but his surprising win in a safe GOP district based in the Richmond suburbs will elevate him to a national figure as he mustered a historic win against Cantor. Brat was dramatically outraised and outspent by the House majority leader. According to the last campaign finance report, Cantor had raised nearly $5.5 million, of which he spent over $5 million. In contrast, Brat, who had spent $122,000, had raised a total of $206,663. Brat also missed out on the support of outside groups after flaking on meetings with influential Washington conservatives whose support he was hoping to enlist.

Read more of the shocking story here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06...
typo teabagger

West Mifflin, PA

#57875 Jun 12, 2014
D Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> HAAAA! Dumbass you cant even spell Benghazi .HAAAAA!
Yep, he only likes to copy and paste when he actually types ,he cant spell. LOL! DOH!

“"Diamonds are a girl's BFF"”

Since: Sep 08

...especially on 5" stilettos

#57876 Jun 12, 2014
D Rumsfeld wrote:
How Eric Cantor Sabotaged Himself
The No. 2 House Republican was expected to coast to victory Tuesday night—but went down in flames to largely unknown Tea Partier Dave Brat, who ran on an anti-immigration platform.
The shock defeat of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor by college professor Dave Brat is the type of upset that audiences wouldn’t believe in a Disney movie. Perhaps the most cinematic twist is that, at least in part, Cantor did this to himself. A toxic mix of ignoring grassroots Republicans in his district and becoming a lightning rod on the controversial issue of immigration reform meant that a future Speaker of the House became a former congressman Tuesday night.
Brat, the shock Republican nominee, is a professor of economics at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia, but his surprising win in a safe GOP district based in the Richmond suburbs will elevate him to a national figure as he mustered a historic win against Cantor. Brat was dramatically outraised and outspent by the House majority leader. According to the last campaign finance report, Cantor had raised nearly $5.5 million, of which he spent over $5 million. In contrast, Brat, who had spent $122,000, had raised a total of $206,663. Brat also missed out on the support of outside groups after flaking on meetings with influential Washington conservatives whose support he was hoping to enlist.
Read more of the shocking story here:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06...
Let me guess...you are a politician wannabe. Scary.
Unpopular Hussein Obama

Scranton, PA

#57877 Jun 12, 2014
Obama as unpopular as George W. Bush in poll
June 12, 2014

A new survey suggests President Obama is just as unpopular as former President George W. Bush.

Just over half of those polled, 51 percent, have an unfavorable view of Obama, and 51 percent currently feel the same about Bush, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Thursday.

Forty-seven percent of the public has a favorable rating of Obama, which CNN said is a new low for him, and roughly identical to Bush’s favorable rating of 46 percent.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#57878 Jun 12, 2014
HUH?

President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

Take a look here at the shocking numbers :

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bushs-final-appro...
justhefacts

Wilmington, DE

#57879 Jun 12, 2014
Masters Program wrote:
Pennsylvania is not destroyed, however he has hurt the state.
Let me start with his strikes at the middle class and working poor. By doubling the cost of registrations for vehicles, drivers license, etc. he has tightened an already tight belt..
When a state such as Pa becomes a Dem welfare state the few that are working gets TAXED more in everything…. Hello you think the money just falls out of the sky. WHERE can the money come from this is Math 101. 2.2 Pennsylvanians are on Medicaid, which is 75% of the States welfare budget which that budget is 10.1 billion out of approx 29 billion, Out of that 29 billion 10.1 billion is Schools costs. So what’s LEFT to fox our roads etc.??? About ZIP!!!!

Lets also plug in because of the recession we are still in that Clinton caused, Pa lost revenue was approx 600 million that was projected but didn’t happen because PA business didn’t do that well to pay tax in as well as the employed working at noe menial jobs in pay
Masters Program wrote:
By adding a big gas tax rather than taxing drillers like most states do, he has made travel very tough and expensive for working class..
Really get real Look at how high gas went up under obama, Add because Clinton China Tarde act in 2011 U S biggest export was GAS…Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/31/unit...

You dems need to understand money and economy. Pa drillers paid 1.8 billon in tax the last 2 years,$600 million in impact fees. According to the PA dept of labor and industry Drillers created 240,000 jobs in PA. If you Dems tax those drillers to death drillers have two choices Raise their Gas prices OR go to another state to drill. The Fraisuer institute Global Petroleum Survey dropped PA down 24 spots to 58 in terms of investments attractiveness. States ahead of Pa.Ark. Okl, Texas, Ask. West Virginia and Ohio. So if TAXED more what’s stopping them from moving their drilling operations to other states

Now to give it to you in laymen’s terms Do YOU realize because of the Cheap cost in Nat Gas that Major Pa cites government offices Schools, Business, Homes have switched to Nat gas and SAVED Millions in operating cost so they DON’T need as big of help from the state and Fed Gov,

I’ve switched my boiler in an Apt Bldg from oil to Nat Gas and Saved $ 1,000 in heating costs in one of the worst winters. Guess what I was about too and would have been FORCED to raise rents to pay the High cost in Oil heating if I hadn’t switched to a CLEANER burning fossil fuel..

Im so SICK and tired of the Dems wanting to TAX people to death to PAY for them killing the U,S, in their trillions in Welfare costs. THAT’S WHY we have a U.S. budget problem every freaking year and for WHAT
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-28/amer...
2011….63 % of all federal spending this year will consist of checks written to individuals for which the government receives currently no services from
That same year 48% of U.S. births was paid by Medicaid.. Also that same year 50.4% if U.S. births were dems minorities. Do you realize that 50% in cost to run a city is police and pensions, Hears the kicker more then 90% of U.S. murders are committed by the Dems voter base Imagine an across the board in trillions of tax payers money saved if we replaced the democrats party with any other party non violent social behavior mentality..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help people in need. 8 hr Chuck 1
Female face for the ten dollar bill. Jun 26 goldstone report 2
News Poisoning Case: Officials received 700 letters ... (Jan '07) Jun 18 Saltzgaber 75
How to stop abortion Jun 13 Bob 1
See who gets the Holtel land site. Jun 11 Bob 1
News Police Blotter 3/25/14 (Mar '14) Mar '14 FYI Local News 13 1
two 70 years olds robbed omg (Jan '14) Jan '14 just to old 1
More from around the web

Plymouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages