#57264 Apr 15, 2014
#57265 Apr 15, 2014
The National Review Online, Dennis Prager
What the Left Did Last Week
April 15, 2014
Part 1 of an occasional diary of the Left’s ongoing efforts to radically transform the country.
In his column last week, Charles Krauthammer crossed a line. He declared the American Left totalitarian.
He is correct. Totalitarianism is written into the Left’s DNA. Krauthammer wrote about a left-wing petition “bearing more than 110,000 signatures delivered to the [Washington] Post demanding a ban on any article questioning global warming.”
"I was gratified by the show of intolerance because it perfectly illustrated my argument that the Left is entering a new phase of ideological agitation — no longer trying to win the debate but stopping debate altogether, banishing from public discourse any and all opposition. The proper word for that attitude is totalitarian."
So, here is some of what the Left has done in the last week or two.
* The left-wing directors of Mozilla, the parent company of the browser Firefox, compelled their CEO, Brendan Eich, to resign after he refused to recant his support for maintaining the man-woman definition of marriage....
* Brandeis University rescinded its invitation to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, perhaps the world’s foremost activist in behalf of women in the Islamic world....
* The University of Michigan canceled a showing of the documentary Honor Diaries. The film features nine women who are Muslim or who come from a Muslim country. They speak about honor killings, female genital mutilation, forced marriages at young ages, and the denial of education to women in Muslim communities....
* Six weeks ago, a University of Wisconsin student released a video he had made of a guest lecturer in the freshman general-education course “Education 130: Individual and Society.” The lecturer, the political and organizing director for Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 150, delivered a diatribe, with obscenities, against conservatives, whites, and Republicans....
* Today is the cutoff date for public reactions to the proposal by the California Supreme Court’s ethics-advisory committee to forbid California judges from affiliating with the Boy Scouts, which the Left deems anti-gay. Given the Left’s animosity to traditional value-based institutions, it is not surprising that it loathes the Boy Scouts. What is remarkable — actually, frightening — is how easy it has been for the Left to make it illegal for a judge to be a leader in the Boy Scouts.
#57266 Apr 15, 2014
O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Palin, & Ingraham Panicked About Romney !!!
Uncut, unedited, unsealed video of the shocking truth that Faux Noise wants to ban !!!
Watch the shocking video that shook the GOP to it's core !!
#57267 Apr 15, 2014
Love sa gov
#57268 Apr 15, 2014
I know right
#57269 Apr 15, 2014
Anybody else ?b
#57270 Apr 15, 2014
#57271 Apr 15, 2014
Paul Ryan is completely stumped by Chris Wallace.........The math doesn't add up.
Folks, you cant make this shit up!
Watch the shocking video here:
#57272 Apr 15, 2014
#57273 Apr 15, 2014
Love to all
#57274 Apr 15, 2014
Love da gov
#57275 Apr 15, 2014
Fruit salad for all
#57276 Apr 15, 2014
Lol lol lol
#57277 Apr 15, 2014
I love pennant
Since: Oct 12
#57278 Apr 15, 2014
Love it, but what's with the weird moderator?
#57279 Apr 15, 2014
The next ObamaCare disasters
April 13, 2014
On Friday the president used the long-awaited resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to again claim victory for his namesake health law.“She got it fixed, got the job done,” Obama said.
Sorry, there is plenty more bad news ahead.
It’s not called SebeliusCare, and she wasn’t to blame for most of its problems. The horrors were mostly baked into the law, with some made worse by the president’s dishonest hard sell to get unsuspecting Americans to sign up.
Obama claimed Friday that 7.5 million people have enrolled in exchange coverage. In fact, perhaps 20 percent haven’t paid their first premium and therefore aren’t covered, according to estimates by RAND Corp. and Goldman Sachs.
The bigger question is how many will keep paying premiums. That’s got the American Medical Association, a chief ObamaCare booster, so worried that it’s sending warnings to its members.
Why the concern? First-time insurance purchasers, especially those living paycheck to paycheck, will be shocked by ObamaCare’s high deductibles, about $3,000 for the silver plan (the most commonly selected) and $5,000 for the bronze plan (the most affordable).
Basically, you’ll have to pay thousands out of pocket for appointments, tests and prescriptions until you reach your deductible.
#57280 Apr 15, 2014
Paul Ryan's Budget Is Facing A Surprise Republican Resistance ??
For all of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan's talk about Republicans needing to produce a budget with a clear vision of the party's principles, a conservative confab in New Hampshire proved the House Budget Committee chairman's vision is far from universal.
At the Freedom Summit in Manchester, N.H., on Saturday, two of the top likely GOP presidential candidates — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz — refused to endorse Ryan's proposed budget or call for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to bring it up for discussion. Real-estate mogul Donald Trump openly attacked Ryan and his budget in a speech, and his remarks were well received.
Trump portrayed Ryan's budget as shredding Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. He warned the conservative attendees of the political peril of those positions.
"I think he's a very nice person," Trump said of Ryan. "But his whole stance is to knock the hell out of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. And the Democrats love it. They love it. They just sit back."
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-budg...
#57281 Apr 16, 2014
Conservatives Lash Out At Rand Paul Over Foreign Policy !!!!!!!!!!
Rand Paul's noninterventionist foreign policy views aren't currying him any favor with conservative pundits, who have recently attacked the Kentucky senator and possible 2016 presidential candidate as naive and immature.
Earlier this month, Mother Jones surfaced a 2009 video of the Republican speaking to a student group at Western Kentucky University prior to announcing his Senate candidacy. In his remarks, Paul alleged that former Vice President Dick Cheney had his own financial gain in mind when he pushed for the Iraq War after 9/11.
"Dick Cheney then goes to work for Halliburton. Makes hundreds of millions of dollars -- their CEO. Next thing you know, he's back in government, it's a good idea to go into Iraq," Paul said.
The charge isn't sitting well with some conservatives.
Read the shocking story here:
#57282 Apr 16, 2014
I love pa
#57283 Apr 16, 2014
You do too
Add your comments below
|DeMelfi seeks nod for Nesquehoning...||Sat||just gets better||18|
|History channel is showing a lot of fiction||Mar 28||Lawrence||1|
|Not true, that a 17 year old kid's brain is not...||Mar 27||Karl||2|
|Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13)||Mar 23||Man||88|
|Centralia's last 9 residents fight eviction (May '10)||Mar 15||Early Byrd||9|
|Man rolls in dog waste to try avoiding arrest; ...||Mar 12||DILF||4|
|Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals comp... (Jun '06)||Mar 7||Latin Tonuge||5,288|
Find what you want!
Search Plymouth Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC