Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#54014 Nov 15, 2013
Itís no secret that the most loathsome character in the extraordinarily loathsome U.S. House of Representatives is Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX). In case youíre not aware of Stockman, heís the first term congressman from Ron Paulís former district in Texas who invited Ted Nugent to the State of the Union and who produced a bumper sticker calling for the arming of fetuses to prevent abortions (a not-so-veiled statement about killing abortion doctors).

Itís also no secret that this week was perhaps one of the most dismal polling weeks for members of Congress. The polling has been so horrendous it led bipartisan pollsters for both NBC News and the Wall Street Journal to refer to Thursdayís numbers as ďjaw-dropping.Ē

In spite of the harrowing numbers, including ones that suggested dog poop and hemorrhoids are better than Congress, Mr. Stockman tweeted this:

ď57% of Americans oppose ObamaCare.@BarackObama and @TheDemocrats call them Ďterroristsí and refuse to open the government.Ē

Letís do the second part first. Iíve never heard the president refer to Americans as ďterrorists,Ē and the only Americans who some congressional Democrats have compared to terrorists are the congressional Republicans. But, naturally, the House Republicans only make up around 0.00007 percent of the American population. So right there, Mr. Stockman is just making things up.

Now the first part. Mr. Stockman tweeted that 57 percent of Americans oppose Obamacare. He didnít provide a link, so I initially didnít know what poll he was referring to. But I looked it up and, sure enough, Stockman was right. Itís from a CNN poll released on October 1. And since Mr. Stockman seems to enjoy quoting poll numbers, letís give him some poll numbers to tweet.

-In the same CNN poll, only 34 percent of Americans want Congress to de-fund Obamacare.

-In the latest NBC News & Wall Street Journal poll, released hours after Stockmanís tweet, the Affordable Care Act is only seen unfavorably by 43 percent of Americans ó this after two weeks of filibusters, demagoguery and an amplified misinformation campaign against the law.

-Also in the NBC/WSJ poll, Stockmanís tea party has an approval rating of 21 percent. The congressional Republicans didnít fare much better with an approval of 24 percent.

-Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), a member of Stockmanís Texas delegation, has an approval rating of 14 percent. Speaker Boehnerís approval is slightly better at 17 percent.

-Comparatively, the dreaded Obamacare law has an approval rating of 38 percent, gaining seven points from last month. In other words, Obamacare is significantly more popular than the Speaker of the House, the congressional Republicans, Ted Cruz and Stockmanís tea party caucus.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/10/the-only-th...
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#54015 Nov 15, 2013
Sarah Palin in an interview with Jake Tapper expressing Very Serious Concern over the recent behavior of the pope. You know, Pope Francis, the guy whoís supposedly the holiest man on the planet. Palin is worried that heís just becoming too liberal. As if the pope is A) in any way beholden to ugly and unsanctified conceits like politics and to taking sides in Americaís stupid left-right standoff, and B) willing to give one single shit about what Sarah Palin thinks he might be doing wrong.

Seriously, this woman is a fucking idiot.

Listen, dumb-ass, I realize itís rocking that pea-sized nugget underneath your giant bouffant Ďdo that Pope Francis is behaving in a way thatís actually good, as opposed to just spouting platitudes and warnings about the need for everybody to submit to conventionalism or be damned. I get that you and your rotten ilk have hijacked the good name of Jesus and drafted him as your own personal right-wing cheerleader for so long that you forgot what Jesus really stood for. I know youíre flummoxed to the point of apoplexy by images of the pope embracing the sick and the poor, reaching out to gay people, and turning his back on hate and division ó that which you thrive on ó but consider this your fucking wake up call: everything heís doing is whatís truly holy and Christ-like. You donít like his supposedly ďliberalĒ statements? Too fucking bad, because those statements are what being a good person is all about. You call it liberalism. He calls it being Christian.

I call it being human. I donít even agree with the manís belief system one iota and I still respect the things heís done and the stances heís taken so far since becoming pope. Heís leading by example. And best of all, if you really do recognize him as a vessel of God on this planet, his notion of whatís right and wrong carries a hell of a lot more weight than Sarah fucking Palinís.
Ridge Runner

Baltimore, MD

#54016 Nov 15, 2013
The money pig wrote:
The money pig in congress needs fed, thou must bow down to the subjugators and pay your tributes!
Yeah Ted Cruz along with the Koch brothers are definately subjugating our democracy and the Tea Party is complicit too. Wake up you dumb fools before its too late.....kaching.
Those kooky Koch brothers are out looking for the dumbest assholes possible to fund thier coffers and get elected and ruin our democracy and yet you idiots play right into thier corrupt hands...
Nexttogo

Lancaster, PA

#54025 Nov 16, 2013

I wonder how Obama thinks it will go over if he lets insurance companies sell plans that don't have the obamacare requirements to consumers that once had those plans,but doesn't allow new customers to also buy those same plans. I guess if this happens the insurance companies could be boycotted by all consumers and take Obama out of his plan.Why do you need a law to allows all consumers to buy any plan that is for sale. The private sector will determine what they buy from whom.
Daniel

Punxsutawney, PA

#54029 Nov 16, 2013
Ted Nugent
truth

Erie, PA

#54034 Nov 17, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
For Obama, loss of trust over health-care law poses major problems for his agenda, legacy
November 13
No matter his policies or job performance, a majority of Americans have always trusted President Obama. That has now changed.
...A new Quinnipiac University poll this week found for the first time that a majority of Americans ó 52 percent ó say Obama is not honest or trustworthy. A Gallup poll released Wednesday showed a five-percentage-point drop since September on those same issues and a 10-point fall since the middle of last year.
Now, according to Gallup, only half the country thinks Obama is honest.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/loss-o...
-----
President Obamaís job approval
Since the troubled rollout of the government health insurance Web site, Obamaís approval ratings have slipped to the lowest point of his presidency ó to about four in 10 ó in a variety of public polls.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/presid...
For a politician, a 48% honesty rating is excellent. I wonder what congresses is?
Ric Flair

Trout Run, PA

#54035 Nov 17, 2013
Obama!! Whoooooooooooo!

Obamacare! Whooooo! If you don't like it, learn to love it!
Macho Man Randy Savage

Hazleton, PA

#54036 Nov 17, 2013
Snap into a Slim Jim!
rating is excellent

Los Angeles, CA

#54038 Nov 17, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>For a politician, a 48% honesty rating is excellent. I wonder what congresses is?

9%,

the best congress money can buy
Obamacare Mmmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#54039 Nov 17, 2013

Obama:

'what .........we ..........said 100 times over three years was you could keep it if it hasnít changed since the law was passed.'

(it got me re elected heh,heh)

I didn't say it, we said it!

It wasn't me, it was them, romney, maryland er, er, Massachusetts , george bush,er,er, IT people.....web site

Barack Hussein Obama....Mmmmm Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm
Enforce FIRREA

United States

#54043 Nov 17, 2013
We need public officials who represent American interests and support righteous chews like Ilan Pappe, Joel Kovel , Anat Kamm , Norman Finklestein, Pete Seeger , Daniel Elsberg and Sy Hersh......AND can stand up to the AIPAC fifth column and the Jonathan Pollard clones of CANNON FILMS and Wolf Blitzer zio-imperialism..........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , Gatekeeper , FIVE BROKEN CAMERAS, attack of the theocrats and Operation Greylord......watch out for the zio-thugs in clown cars with FL tags 668 PCK , LXE 904 , AFQ B30, GOAMG , ALL99, BUJ A54 , J36 4LI , 243 PIE , 244 PIE.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#54044 Nov 17, 2013
Enforce FIRREA wrote:
We need public officials who represent American interests and support righteous chews like Ilan Pappe, Joel Kovel , Anat Kamm , Norman Finklestein, Pete Seeger , Daniel Elsberg and Sy Hersh......AND can stand up to the AIPAC fifth column and the Jonathan Pollard clones of CANNON FILMS and Wolf Blitzer zio-imperialism..........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , Gatekeeper , FIVE BROKEN CAMERAS, attack of the theocrats and Operation Greylord......watch out for the zio-thugs in clown cars with FL tags 668 PCK , LXE 904 , AFQ B30, GOAMG , ALL99, BUJ A54 , J36 4LI , 243 PIE , 244 PIE.
Bobbie? Is that you?
just me

United States

#54046 Nov 17, 2013
Guns Feed Families wrote:
My God.......all you care about is guns??? No wonder this country is going to Hell fast!!! Never knew God or Jesus was into guns! Glad to see everyone has their priorities straight! You do know that you have a much better chance of being killed by or killing a loved one when there is a gun in the house, than you do in stopping the boogieman don't you? I'm sure that most of you would soil yourselves right before you were killed (while failing to ever actually get your gun) if you ever had to exercise your so-called second amendment rights to protect yourselves. Remember, Freud (and others) would say that men try to compensate for short comings in other areas (you know what I mean) with guns! Oh, and yes, by all means shooting defenseless animals makes you a man too!
Guns???? That's what you care about???? God help you & God help the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!
you are a complete tool with absolutely no.understanding of the 2nd amendment. It has nothing to do with hunting. It was put into place to protect the people from a tyrranical govt. Secondly hunting us a necessary thing to control animal population.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#54047 Nov 17, 2013
I'm not sure yet...what are my choices?

Location hidden

#54051 Nov 18, 2013
The Kenyan wrote:
<quoted text>NONE!
If I have no choices, then why make this thread! You are stupid!
Barack O

West Mifflin, PA

#54052 Nov 18, 2013
get off the internet azzhole LOL!

Location hidden

#54053 Nov 18, 2013
Grow up!

Location hidden

#54054 Nov 18, 2013
Barack O wrote:
get off the internet azzhole LOL!
Quit following me around, stalker!

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#54057 Nov 18, 2013
How we got Obamacare to work

By Jay Inslee, governor of Washington. Steve Beshear, governor of Kentucky and Dannel P. Malloy, governor of Connecticut.

In our states ó Washington, Kentucky and Connecticut ó the Affordable Care Act, or ďObamacare,Ē is working. Tens of thousands of our residents have enrolled in affordable health-care coverage. Many of them could not get insurance before the law was enacted.

People keep asking us why our states have been successful. Hereís a hint: Itís not about our Web sites..

Sure, having functioning Web sites for our health-care exchanges makes the job of meeting the enormous demand for affordable coverage much easier, but each of our state Web sites has had its share of technical glitches. As we have demonstrated on a near-daily basis, Web sites can continually be improved to meet consumersí needs.

The Affordable Care Act has been successful in our states because our political and community leaders grasped the importance of expanding health-care coverage and have avoided the temptation to use health-care reform as a political football.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-we...

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#54058 Nov 18, 2013
Iím the story Obamacareís opponents donít want you to hear

Iíve officially enrolled in coverage through the marketplace. It was easier than I expected ó and will save me about $10,000 a year.

I just got covered under Obamacare. I already had insurance, but it was breaking my piggy bank. Now I have coverage with almost identical benefits, for less than half the price Iím paying right now.

Even better, my coverage canít be canceled or limited if I get sick, and I could choose any plan I wanted, despite living with type 2 diabetes. Thatís all thanks to the Affordable Care Act or, if you prefer, Obamacare.

http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/11/im-the-sto...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop The Real Problem, Cuting Retired middle Cl... Apr 25 Trump Truth 1
Heavely hair cuts. Apr 15 Simone 1
News In letter, councilman asks George to reconsider... Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News Experts Weigh in on How to Protect Home Deliver... Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News School security guard accused of molesting child Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News County council rejects motion to disband manage... Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News Turning The Page On Progress Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages