Social Security disability approvals decline

Dec 1, 2013 Full story: The Times-Tribune 88

The 39-year-old Wilkes-Barre man had Huntington's disease, a debilitating and often fatal disorder that caused tremors in his hands, left him off-balance and suffering from frequent bouts of confusion.

Read more
Larry

Barre, VT

#91 May 13, 2014
There are also sections in Seattle where the minimum wage is $15 an hour.
lady

Columbia, PA

#92 May 13, 2014
Larry wrote:
The current U.S. population is about 317 million. The current number of employed American workers is 144 million.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, among those paid by the hour, 1.6 million Americans earned the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in 2012.(The data for 2013 hasn’t been released yet.) Of these, 484,000 are aged 16 to 19.
So ..1.1 percent of the workforce makes minimum wage.
I guess they happen to be the crowd you hang around with.
Up here the local McDonalds starts all their employees at $12 an hour. As does WalMart, KMart, etc. Minimum wage is almost $9.
I don't know where you get your numbers but if you counted on "statistics" what a f'n joke I never fill out census crap and I'm sure I'm not the only Amerikan who chooses not to broad cast personal information such as that statistic crap..........
Even still a- hole like I said what's it to you if the little guy comes up in the world you greedy prick????
Your true colors and intentions show on hear,
As you know I'm always for the "underdog" and don't care how bad the big dogs bitch, piss moan, bark or howl about it.
There are more "lower class" people in the world wanting to come up than there are big shots and wigs who want to oppress them........
Kind of like Slavery that in humane practice was banned and so it needs to be with the now "under paid slaves" despite what greedy pricks like you think.
Like your superior to those less fortunate than your self and by the way it's not there fault know one wishes to be poor and not every one wants to suck corrupt dick just to get ahead in the world unnless your a greedy dick your self......
So again Larry, please go F yourself
Larry

Barre, VT

#94 May 13, 2014
What does the census have to do with anything??? Nobody mentioned the census.
Of course I'm greedy. But I started at the bottom making minimum wage.$1.25 an hour.
I very soon realized I wasn't going to get that brand new $3,600 Pontiac GTO on that money, so I learned to do more, and got promoted. And I worked, yes, worked my way up the ladder. I went to college. And worked part time and in summers to pay for it. NOTHING was handed to me.
I WORKED my way up in the steel business to department head. And then I walked away.
I started my own business, and again I was making the equivalent of minimum wage all over again.(New business owners do this every day.) I decided to follow my dream of being an artist. Beginning artists don't make much money either. But I WORKED at it sometimes 80 hours a week and travelling to art and craft shows every weekend.
Then my WORK paid off. I'm making a very nice income.
Oh, and my wife is disabled. She's been wheelchair bound for almost 7 years now. But she refuses to file a disability claim although her doctors and the local Social Security office says she qualifies. But she doesn't want a handout as long as she can produce her art and make money.
We started out at the bottom right where you are now. But we didn't like it so we actually did something about it besides whine.
I suggest you try the same. You can work for the "man" at minimum wage and constantly piss and moan about it, or you can BE the "man" and have others work for you. The choice is yours, and nobody else's.
lady

Columbia, PA

#95 May 13, 2014
Larry wrote:
What does the census have to do with anything??? Nobody mentioned the census.
Of course I'm greedy. But I started at the bottom making minimum wage.$1.25 an hour.
I very soon realized I wasn't going to get that brand new $3,600 Pontiac GTO on that money, so I learned to do more, and got promoted. And I worked, yes, worked my way up the ladder. I went to college. And worked part time and in summers to pay for it. NOTHING was handed to me.
I WORKED my way up in the steel business to department head. And then I walked away.
I started my own business, and again I was making the equivalent of minimum wage all over again.(New business owners do this every day.) I decided to follow my dream of being an artist. Beginning artists don't make much money either. But I WORKED at it sometimes 80 hours a week and travelling to art and craft shows every weekend.
Then my WORK paid off. I'm making a very nice income.
Oh, and my wife is disabled. She's been wheelchair bound for almost 7 years now. But she refuses to file a disability claim although her doctors and the local Social Security office says she qualifies. But she doesn't want a handout as long as she can produce her art and make money.
We started out at the bottom right where you are now. But we didn't like it so we actually did something about it besides whine.
I suggest you try the same. You can work for the "man" at minimum wage and constantly piss and moan about it, or you can BE the "man" and have others work for you. The choice is yours, and nobody else's.
You mean you sucked, banged, blew, and fucked your way up the latter for the all mighty dollar???
Some people lack that opportunity or just have more dignity than that so one last time Mr. Larry I hope you understand English and you certainly don't have to explain your self any further go F your self you greedy prick K?
lady

Columbia, PA

#96 May 13, 2014
Larry wrote:
What does the census have to do with anything??? Nobody mentioned the census.
Of course I'm greedy. But I started at the bottom making minimum wage.$1.25 an hour.
I very soon realized I wasn't going to get that brand new $3,600 Pontiac GTO on that money, so I learned to do more, and got promoted. And I worked, yes, worked my way up the ladder. I went to college. And worked part time and in summers to pay for it. NOTHING was handed to me.
I WORKED my way up in the steel business to department head. And then I walked away.
I started my own business, and again I was making the equivalent of minimum wage all over again.(New business owners do this every day.) I decided to follow my dream of being an artist. Beginning artists don't make much money either. But I WORKED at it sometimes 80 hours a week and travelling to art and craft shows every weekend.
Then my WORK paid off. I'm making a very nice income.
Oh, and my wife is disabled. She's been wheelchair bound for almost 7 years now. But she refuses to file a disability claim although her doctors and the local Social Security office says she qualifies. But she doesn't want a handout as long as she can produce her art and make money.
We started out at the bottom right where you are now. But we didn't like it so we actually did something about it besides whine.
I suggest you try the same. You can work for the "man" at minimum wage and constantly piss and moan about it, or you can BE the "man" and have others work for you. The choice is yours, and nobody else's.
You should get your alleged wife to paint a picture of you F-ing your self Ha ha maybe that will wipe your ases for another year ha ha ha
Haywood Jablomi Lady

Carlisle, PA

#97 May 14, 2014
Lady is effin we todd did.
USA MASTER TECHS

United States

#98 May 14, 2014
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a complaint department and before you go making assumptions you should really study the truth and if you don['t like the facts or the fact that you obviously have to work take that up with the Federal Gevernment they say it's ok to pass out checks.
Don't discriminate everyone is entitled. I think people who can't get it are jelous because they have to work for a livin otherwise they woudn't be bitchn. People dont' say no to free things unless your stuck up and too prideful.
ITS GOOD TO SEE MORE DIRECT EVIDENCE AND DIRECT USA PROOF ON SSA ALL THE TIME PUNK. JUMP TO MORE FOOTAGE ON THE PEDOPHILES PUNKY.
USA MASTER TECHS

United States

#99 May 14, 2014
WE NOTICED RIGHT AWAY that NO ONE EMPLOYED ANYWHERE WITHIN USA GV SYSTEM CAN COMPETE WITH DIRECT USA LEGAL VALID FORMAL EVIDENCE.
Larry

Barre, VT

#100 May 15, 2014
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get your alleged wife to paint a picture of you F-ing your self Ha ha maybe that will wipe your ases for another year ha ha ha
You know, I always try to see things from the other person's point of view.

And I tried, I really have! But I just physically cannot do it!.

So I have to ask you, just HOW do you get your head so far up your ass? Do your alleged friends hold you down? Do they help you move your spine?

Now that I think about it, I see a million dollar act in the making! You would win America's Got Talent TV show in a walk, er, crawl, or some kind of movement.

But you'll be RICH!!!!!

You could be the main attraction at the 2016 Democratic convention!
lady

Columbia, PA

#101 May 15, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I always try to see things from the other person's point of view.
And I tried, I really have! But I just physically cannot do it!.
So I have to ask you, just HOW do you get your head so far up your ass? Do your alleged friends hold you down? Do they help you move your spine?
Now that I think about it, I see a million dollar act in the making! You would win America's Got Talent TV show in a walk, er, crawl, or some kind of movement.
But you'll be RICH!!!!!
You could be the main attraction at the 2016 Democratic convention!
Perhaps your alleged wife could give me lessons eh? she should be good at that eh?
Hell she can be in my show to if I ever get the "privelage" ha ha
Haywood Jablomi

Carlisle, PA

#102 May 15, 2014
Lady is the epitome of poor white trash.
Larry

Barre, VT

#103 May 15, 2014
[QUOTE who="I'm no lady"]<quoted text>
Perhaps your alleged wife could give me lessons eh? she should be good at that eh?
Hell she can be in my show to if I ever get the "privelage" ha ha[/QUOTE]

You'll let her paint you with your head up your ass? There's no need to. Every TV camera will be doing close ups. Maybe a doctor can give you a little camera to use so the world can see what it's like to do your own colonoscopy.

I'd even pay for that! Las Vegas can have bets on just how far you can stick your head up your ass. You'll start a national trend. Liberals all over the country will try to stick their collective heads up their asses too.

I tell ya, you got a gold mine! But of course as you hate money, the union will be happy to relieve you of it all.
lady

Columbia, PA

#104 May 15, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll let her paint you with your head up your ass? There's no need to. Every TV camera will be doing close ups. Maybe a doctor can give you a little camera to use so the world can see what it's like to do your own colonoscopy.
I'd even pay for that! Las Vegas can have bets on just how far you can stick your head up your ass. You'll start a national trend. Liberals all over the country will try to stick their collective heads up their asses too.
I tell ya, you got a gold mine! But of course as you hate money, the union will be happy to relieve you of it all.
Ha ha Larry Boy, done fcking yourself are we??? you should get back at it and tell wifey to get her paint brush ready I'm sure just that picture alone could get you enough money to wipe both your wrinkled ases.... sounds like she needs the money more than I do
Goood luck to you both
Masters Observes

United States

#105 May 15, 2014
stool wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Even the lack of the usual suspects and posts are deleted.
Did you see my doggie and urinal pictures from Hawley?
Lost my two rescued brother dogs over the last year and a half. That little dog reminded me of them.
yes yes , the one where your head is stuck in the urinal from behind.
cabin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#106 May 16, 2014
Haywood Jablomi wrote:
Lady is the epitome of poor white trash.
Why are you insulting poor white trash?????
Amelia Gillian

Orlando, FL

#110 Aug 22, 2014
Lady, I like how you pointed out that those with physical disabilities are denied work before those with mental disabilities. When this happens, it can be very helpful to have a social security disability attorney. An attorney can help ensure that you get the rights you deserve. http://ransomgilbertson.com/
Frustrated

Mechanicsburg, PA

#111 Aug 30, 2014
the problem with this system starts with work comp. most people aged 30 and up applying for SSD have spent years fighting work comp to recieve a maximum lifetime payment of 100K. they already have lost half their income during those years it took to win. then if they recieve SSD they are reduced to a measly $1000.00 a month. I dont think anyone who was making $15 to $20 an hour 4 to 6 yrs ago is happy with the decrease in thier standard of living, or wants to be at the mercy of others to support thier family. A Work Comp overhaul would dramatically relieve the Social Security situation.
shnuffmo

San Diego, CA

#112 Aug 31, 2014
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a complaint department and before you go making assumptions you should really study the truth and if you don['t like the facts or the fact that you obviously have to work take that up with the Federal Gevernment they say it's ok to pass out checks.
Don't discriminate everyone is entitled. I think people who can't get it are jelous because they have to work for a livin otherwise they woudn't be bitchn. People dont' say no to free things unless your stuck up and too prideful
watch strong arm USA take it out SSA hides. HE HE HE , nothing personal , just mo behind the bush business. He he he.
shnuffmo

San Diego, CA

#113 Aug 31, 2014
stool wrote:
<quoted text>
Through all your hyperbolic meanderings and baseless accusations, one thing is profoundly clear. Your only idea of "rights" is what you can bleed the government for. Contrary to what you say about judges and lawyers, they are there to protect the country from the permanent welfare class constantly browsing for full teats.
It's not about being "stuck up and too prideful", it's about learning to wipe your own ass.
Social Security “is a Ponzi scheme,” presidential candidate Rick Perry said during Wednesday’s Republican debate.“It is a monstrous lie. It is a Ponzi scheme to tell our kids that are 25 or 30 years old today,‘You’ve paid into a program that’s going to be there.’ Anybody that’s for the status quo with Social Security today is involved with a monstrous lie
shnuffmo

San Diego, CA

#114 Aug 31, 2014
Injured worker wrote:
I think it's very bad when you work 20+ years and you get injured, then you are put through the wringers, hoops or whatever, when that's my money that they didn't have any problem taking out of my pay, then you have a family who is on ssi that have never worked a day in their life and their kids quit school and immediately are on a check because of the way they where raised and they have little skills to none, but they don't have to wait and go through the wringers? This country is not for the honest or the working people! My opinion it's more communism here than you think? Social security is not broke because of disabled people it's the government giving working peoples money to everyone and everything but disabled workers???
The critical thing that makes a Ponzi scheme despicable is the fraud. its a blessing to watch more of the frauds employed right within SSA go into the big sewer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeMelfi seeks nod for Nesquehoning... Sat just gets better 18
History channel is showing a lot of fiction Sat Lawrence 1
Not true, that a 17 year old kid's brain is not... Fri Karl 2
News Centralia's last 9 residents fight eviction (May '10) Mar 15 Early Byrd 9
News Man rolls in dog waste to try avoiding arrest; ... Mar 12 DILF 4
News Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals comp... (Jun '06) Mar 7 Latin Tonuge 5,288
Check out (sky tran) on you tube or google. Mar 2 William 1
Plymouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Plymouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]