Even poverty heads out to suburbs

Even poverty heads out to suburbs

There are 2 comments on the The Times-Tribune story from Aug 3, 2014, titled Even poverty heads out to suburbs. In it, The Times-Tribune reports that:

Many suburbanites and the people who represent them in Harrisburg have tsk-tsked nearby cities for their declines while steadfastly opposing local government reforms that would help to revive those urban centers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Tribune.

no sheet sherlock

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2014
Just go look the houses of Greater Hazleton's Elites. They can't even afford a McMansion. Bunch of bums.
hippydraftdodger

Pottstown, PA

#2 Aug 3, 2014
Crime, school district jumpers, foreclosures, burdened services and old deals/contracts coming home to roost like generous pension payouts.

Poor economy leads to poor income. Lower incomes less able to pay top dollar for a new house/first house or maintain an older house. Property values decline but property taxes still stay high or go up. Many simply abandon ship. Many of the suburbs saw their last and final boom decades ago.

Detroit will be the standard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yedlock-Moro 1 hr skidmark in my un... 1
News Rape suspect testifies at trial (Dec '08) Aug 21 Kocher 7
Xanax (Dec '11) Aug 13 imonlyhereforthec... 2
drugs (Jul '13) Aug 13 imonlyhereforthec... 4
News Prosecutor cites trip to Mexico as evidence in ... Jul 31 experienced I am 3
News Guard, inmate die in altercation at Pennsylvani... Jul '16 Never Trust A Ped... 1
570MENU.COM | Online Restaurant Menu Directory ... Jun '16 junu95 1

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages