Plymouth council OKs $1.71M budget

Plymouth council OKs $1.71M budget

There are 1 comment on the The Citizens' Voice story from Dec 31, 2011, titled Plymouth council OKs $1.71M budget. In it, The Citizens' Voice reports that:

"For 2012, Plymouth Borough - barring any unexpected disasters - is financially sound.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Citizens' Voice.

Since: Mar 08

Scranton, PA

#1 Jan 26, 2012
It should be financially sound after last year's whopping tax increase. I have a few questions.........Why must residents pay for recycling bags @ 1.50 ea and then the boro gets funding from recycling on top of the bag sales to boot? When I first moved to Plymouth 2 years ago, I was told by other neighbors not to buy the recycle bags and to just throw away recyclable items in the regular trash collection. It seems to me that if the boro supplied bins to residents at no cost that there would be much more participation and therefore increased revenues from the recycling system eliminating the need for bag sales. And another thing. Is there no enforcement of parking meters in Plymouth? I walk down Main St. and not one vehicle was ticketed and the meters were all expired. Here again, is another source of income that can reduce our high taxes. How bout it Plymouth Boro council?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jun 18 Great Cheeto 681
former Wilkes-Barre basketball star Mike Wilkes Jun 10 Nelson 3
prepare to survive. Jun 7 adam 1
skyliners drum & bugle corps hosting dca show o... Jun 7 SkylinersDBCorps 1
News Kingston Man Charged in Baseball Bat Beating of... (Aug '06) Jun 5 Laura 5
check youtube for skytran. Jun 1 simone 1
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... (Feb '15) May 28 Hehehehe 10

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages