Emmer attorney says no thought to waiving recount

Full story: TwinCities.com

A lawyer for Tom Emmer says the Republican gubernatorial nominee isn't giving any thought to waiving an automatic recount in the Minnesota governor's race.
Comments
61 - 66 of 66 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

The Real Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh big deal. Does it really matter what end it's coming out of? It's still a study that has been repeated many times over. They should know enough by now. But let's keep allocating money.
You have proven nothing but your immaturity.
Diddo!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

The Real Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very smart nor logical if you don't know when someone is being facetious.(Let me know if you need help looking that up.)
So since when is $18.50 an hour so low that you need public assistance? You forget how much information you have voluntarily provided here. Not a very smart thing to do their Einstein. I can provide the link if you choose to continue to lie to suit your own argument.
When you have a family to support - yes you qualify - did I say I take it?? Nope!! But when it is all said and done and everything is taken out of my check my take home is about $25,000 pretty sad don't you think?? To go from 38,000 to 25,000!! I do! Thank you for referring to me as Einstein, as my grandma would say "he was a nice Jewish boy" he was a great guy and I respect his theories!! I know that he was out of work for 2 years after he graduated from college - so do you think he was lazy then and he was also a government employee do you think he should have been tossed out (like Emmer wants to do with government employees) because then he would not have been able to tell Roosevelt about the A-bomb and he would not have gotten the government grants that he did to perform his scientific studies which I am sure at the time people thought were "stupid" like the study that you mentioned about our cattle creating green gases (but I guess I am the stupid one....)
REAGANS BURNING IN HELL

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

MN can have Bransted...we don't want him here in Iowa--he has the ego the size of the Mississippi!

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Nicki D wrote:
<quoted text>When you have a family to support - yes you qualify - did I say I take it?? Nope!! But when it is all said and done and everything is taken out of my check my take home is about $25,000 pretty sad don't you think?? To go from 38,000 to 25,000!! I do! Thank you for referring to me as Einstein, as my grandma would say "he was a nice Jewish boy" he was a great guy and I respect his theories!! I know that he was out of work for 2 years after he graduated from college - so do you think he was lazy then and he was also a government employee do you think he should have been tossed out (like Emmer wants to do with government employees) because then he would not have been able to tell Roosevelt about the A-bomb and he would not have gotten the government grants that he did to perform his scientific studies which I am sure at the time people thought were "stupid" like the study that you mentioned about our cattle creating green gases (but I guess I am the stupid one....)
The rest of us are receiving sadder paychecks than that. Sucks when it all goes to taxes isn't it? Hence the reason we are mad. Obama has failed as of yet to show the middle class any of the tax cuts he promised. All he has produced is more spending. Just like this state. Another program. Another study. Another group we must pay for. You must be getting as tired of it as I am. Just wait till the new tables are out. Your paycheck will be even sadder. However, those of you with kids will at least receive a refund of some of yours. The rest of us will pay in even more and be told how we are keeping the welfare class down.

Also, last time I checked, welfare benefits are calculated on your gross income, not after taxes, which basically means anyone putting in 40 hours a week at more than minimum wage does not qualify.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

The Real Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of us are receiving sadder paychecks than that. Sucks when it all goes to taxes isn't it? Hence the reason we are mad. Obama has failed as of yet to show the middle class any of the tax cuts he promised. All he has produced is more spending. Just like this state. Another program. Another study. Another group we must pay for. You must be getting as tired of it as I am. Just wait till the new tables are out. Your paycheck will be even sadder. However, those of you with kids will at least receive a refund of some of yours. The rest of us will pay in even more and be told how we are keeping the welfare class down.
Also, last time I checked, welfare benefits are calculated on your gross income, not after taxes, which basically means anyone putting in 40 hours a week at more than minimum wage does not qualify.
I must clarify what I mean by welfare I mean any assistance as an example if you have a family of 4 and make less than $40,000 a year you qualify for reduced lunches which is a form of welfare.

I agree that so much of our taxes are taken out of our checks and I agree that the government needs to start programs that will create jobs with that money!! They need to re-invest in the infrastructure this will create jobs and revenue!! But if all we do is cut everything it does not solve the problem!

We have actually gotten some of the tax cuts - if you notice on your take home it should be about $40 -$60 more a check than it was last year - yes I agree it is not enough but that is what it is.
just a thought

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Nicki D wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for referring to me as Einstein, as my grandma would say "he was a nice Jewish boy" he was a great guy and I respect his theories!! I know that he was out of work for 2 years after he graduated from college - so do you think he was lazy then and he was also a government employee do you think he should have been tossed out (like Emmer wants to do with government employees)
Nicki, my grandma would say "what a cute girl, why is she so liberal?" And I would say "I don't know grandma, most liberal women are not very attractive with the exception of hollywood women which is a bubble world. So I don't know what Nicki's excuse is."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Plymouth Discussions

Search the Plymouth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2 Students Charged in Minnesota Goose Abuse (Jun '08) Aug 9 Go Blue Forever 51
Reporter Rusty Gatenby let go at KSTP after DWI... (Feb '14) Aug 4 rusty wantbe 6
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
Long lake, MN - at Nelson Park - Nov. 21, 1971 Jul 28 heggie 1
Wayzata Cougars Jul '14 Cougar Den 3
Karen A. Geier Jul '14 John Geier 1
im looking for my dad! (Jan '14) Jul '14 Anonymous 3
•••
•••
•••
Plymouth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Plymouth Jobs