Review: Almost Free Realty Inc

Review: Almost Free Realty Inc

Posted in the Plymouth Forum

fair is fair

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 12, 2009
This company is terrible, crooked, and shameless. They have no ethics or moral standing. They try to lure in 'stupid' people, so that they can take advantage of them. They do not look out for the buyer or seller, only themselves.
Unethical people here

Minnetonka, MN

#2 May 18, 2009
I agree with "fair is fair", however, in our case they WERE the seller and did not disclose this until my realtor managed to find it out (at the closing table).
If you see a home for sale by this company dont even bother going inside. They were completely unprofessional from day one. They are shady characters to say the least. They refused to follow purchase agreement and said that we would have to take them to court to make them follow through on some basics. They just will try and screw you over at every turn. They just assumed that they wouldnt have to do anything they said they would if they made it more of a hassle than it was worth. Will be filing an ethics complaint.
If you are unfortunate enough to deal with these people my only advice is to play super hardball. Their only card is to be rude, honestly the best way to deal with these people is to completely throw negotiation out the window and be uncivil yourself.
Judd Paulson

Plymouth, MN

#3 Jul 16, 2009
These guys are awesome! Super tough negotiators! They will get you the best deal and hardly charge anything for it. I highly applaud and recommend their service to anyone that wants to beat the pants off the other side in a negotiation - they did it for me.

Ask for Mitch or John - there the best.

Thanks again,
Judd
Happy in Golden Valley

Plymouth, MN

#4 Aug 12, 2009
I agree with Judd! These guys sold my house and didn't charge me one cent! They were paid only for finding and negotiating my new home purchase and the listing agent had to split his commission with my agent, so it didn't cost me anything at all to do business with them! Great value, extremely effiecent and solid in negotiations.
I would recommend them to anyone.

Almost FREE Realty ROCKS!
Green acres

Plymouth, MN

#5 Sep 23, 2009
I coudn't be happier with Mitch. He rescued my listing and treated me like I was his only customer. I was listed for a l-o-n-g 8 months with another realtor at a "big name" company who couldn't get my house sold. Then I was referred by a friend to Almost Free Realty and decided to give them a try. Boy am I glad I did Mitch sold my house in only 8 days! for more than I was listed at before, with multiple buyers!and I only paid $2,495 for the whole enchilada.
I am a senior citizen and needed the money and am now off to enjoy the next chapter of my life.

Many thanks!
Satisfied

Cambridge, MN

#6 Nov 25, 2009
This company has many great deals on the market. I was working with an idiot for a Realtor when I found a great home at a very affordable price that Almost Free Realty had listed. When I told my Realtor that I wanted to write an offer at full list because the home was exactly what I was looking for and at a great price he instructed me to write lower. He said he could get me even a better deal on this home. Long story short I listened to my Realtor and lost the home the same day. Even when I went back with a full price offer the home was already sold. That's how good of a deal it was!
After my contract ended with Mr.Idiot Realtor I contacted Mr. Farley and am now in a fantastic home with my family. Thank you Mr.Farley!
I would recommend this company to anyone. Tough negotiaters, A+ service and very accomodating.
Supershopper

Plymouth, MN

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Best real estate dealer out there. They get it - Give the consumer the best deal on commissions in these hard economic times.

Way to go guys!
Bigshooter

Plymouth, MN

#8 Nov 3, 2010
Don't let their name fool you. These guys are real PRO's. They know what they are doing and saved us a bunch of money to boot.
Stella

Plymouth, MN

#9 Apr 21, 2011
Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. I can't believe you sold it.
SOLD

Plymouth, MN

#10 May 20, 2011
Thank you for SELLING my house before the value dropped even more. I must admit, I didn't believe you when you said the market will continue to go down and if I wanted to sell this was the time to do it. After much deliberation with my wife, we decided to listen to you. BEST ADVICE I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN !! If we had waited we would be on the market for 25% less than they SOLD my house for ! WOO HOO ! Listen to these guys...they are the Pros, the rest of us just think we are.
just as advertised

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2011
realestate scam - just get a good real estate lawyer and watch these scatter into the dark, no need for a so called agent get legal help and save thousands !
Judd Paulson wrote:
These guys are awesome! Super tough negotiators! They will get you the best deal and hardly charge anything for it. I highly applaud and recommend their service to anyone that wants to beat the pants off the other side in a negotiation - they did it for me.
Ask for Mitch or John - there the best.
Thanks again,
Judd
Smart Shopper

Plymouth, MN

#12 Jul 15, 2011
just as advertised wrote:
realestate scam - just get a good real estate lawyer and watch these scatter into the dark, no need for a so called agent get legal help and save thousands !
<quoted text>
I would love to sell and only pay for a lawyer to negotiate...but lawyers can't list my house for sale on the MLS...only a Realtor can. also, a lawyer will charge me an up-front hourly retainer and bill me by the hour for the work they do, even if my house doesn't sell. A realtor doesn't charge anything...unless the house sells.

I need to find a Realtor that offers MLS service at the lowest price available and has agents that can handle the transaction for me. Almost FREE Realty seems like an excellent value and I researched them on the Better Business Bureau, they have an A+ Rating with the MN BBB!

I am going to use them to sell my house.
list

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 20, 2011
list it yourself - save thousands realestate agents are scabs, terrible industry with no honesty.
Smart Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to sell and only pay for a lawyer to negotiate...but lawyers can't list my house for sale on the MLS...only a Realtor can. also, a lawyer will charge me an up-front hourly retainer and bill me by the hour for the work they do, even if my house doesn't sell. A realtor doesn't charge anything...unless the house sells.
I need to find a Realtor that offers MLS service at the lowest price available and has agents that can handle the transaction for me. Almost FREE Realty seems like an excellent value and I researched them on the Better Business Bureau, they have an A+ Rating with the MN BBB!
I am going to use them to sell my house.
Edward

Silver Spring, MD

#14 Sunday Oct 1
These guys are lying scumbags! If you encounter them, run like the devil is after you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shopper City (Mar '06) Aug '17 champ 43
News Man Used Pontiac As Assault Weapon (Nov '06) May '17 Willhamer 8
Inflatable boat May '17 Meung07 1
News Making a choice: Voters talk of decision and of... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Frank 292
Debate: Debt Ceiling - Plymouth, MN (Jul '11) Feb '15 bill shannon 3
Crosswalk violation? Who's? (Aug '12) Jan '15 Killer Crosswalks 4
News Christopher & Banks to close its high-end Acorn... (Jul '08) Sep '14 JackieB 20

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages