Where will Petters do time? It's in his score.

Full story: TwinCities.com

Tom Petters After Tom Petters is sentenced Thursday for his leading role in a $3.5 billion Ponzi scheme, the only remaining suspense likely will center on where he'll serve out his prison term.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 69 of69
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Come On

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
This sentence wouldn't be so disgusting if justice was served equal all around. There are many more criminals who are a real danger to children and society in general walking the streets because certain judges decide they would be better served recycling them through the system time and time again. Petters is not dangerous, this was a one time crime. Those are usually the people they want to lock up for a long time. They would not get the chance to recycle him time and time again through the court system. It is all a very lucrative business after all. Lots of people on the payroll depend on the revolving door of real criminals.
A one time crime? Are you mental?

How about 20 counts and a scam that lasted 15 years?
Spouse of one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Ken wrote:
He didn't hurt anyone physically so what's the big deal. It's not like he is dangerous to the public like a raper or murderer. Sending him any place other than the country club doesn't justify the extra expense by keeping him in maximum security.
My mate killed himself from the loss to this beast.
Smartass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Pay me 40K to keep him locked up for 50 years. Anyplace else will cost more. OK i will take 30K, but that means chained to a tree, food once a day, one blanket no radio or TV or computers in fact no electricity and no batteries for anything. OK OK i will settle for less but means nothing at all....but one heavy chain and one strong tree.
WhatEver

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Gunther wrote:
If he is moved to a facility to take care of a medical situation he will be put in Springfield, MO. Do your homework and stop yapping nonsense. I know of someone recently sentenced to Rochester, and for medical purposes (needing surgery) he was transferred to Springfield. That is the major medical facility for the federal system. So, if he goes to Rochester, it won't be because of his tiny, benign tumor that 10 percent of the country may also have. Go lay by your dish.
<quoted text>
Too bad that your friend's new cell mate will not be Petters.
I suppose you feel like a fool at this point? Tom will go to Rochester. If not at first, that is where he will end up. I bet he is allowed to stay in the Sherburne County Jail, at least for now.
WhatEver

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Gunther wrote:
You don't see the difference because you're retarded.
<quoted text>
lol
Gunther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

What is it that I have to feel like a fool about? First, its not been decided where he will be placed. And second, I said that if he was put in Rochester it will not be because of his medical issue. Go back and lay down by your dish.
WhatEver wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that your friend's new cell mate will not be Petters.
I suppose you feel like a fool at this point? Tom will go to Rochester. If not at first, that is where he will end up. I bet he is allowed to stay in the Sherburne County Jail, at least for now.
Gunther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

And just to remind you, WhatEver, you said Tom will be placed in Rochester. You didn't say, eventually. And you said it would be because of his medical issues and Judge Kyle's conflict of interests. So, we'll see who the fool is soon enough.
TRACATTACK

Middletown, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

WHAT RIGHT DOES HE HAVE TO TRY AND BE CLOSE TO HOME? HE HAS GIVEN UP ALL OF HIS RIGHTS FOR GREED AND THEIVERY OR DOES HE WANT TO TEACH HIS CHILDREN TO BE THEIVES TOO? SEND HIM TO N.C. OR TEXAS, OR BETTER STILL ASK HIS VICTIMS WHERE HE SHOULD BE SENT.
Candace

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

I don't understand why they wanted him to stay in MN. If I were the family I would be running from MN to anywhere else. They need a fresh start somewhere that the Petters name is not being blasted everyday. Just for the kids sake if not for his family's peace of mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 69 of69
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Plymouth Discussions

Search the Plymouth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Karen A. Geier Jul 9 John Geier 1
im looking for my dad! (Jan '14) Jul 7 Anonymous 3
Buckhorn fire 3-18-72 ~ Photo by Ken Siljander Jul 7 Carol 1
Amy Sue Pagnac- disappeared from Osseo gas stat... (Jan '13) Jul 6 lauri belasco 17
2 Students Charged in Minnesota Goose Abuse (Jun '08) Jul 4 galleryphoto 50
Afton neighbors concerned new sewer system will... Jun 23 Eric Burger 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Plymouth, MN (Jan '12) Jun 19 kyle hoeg 8
•••
•••
•••
Plymouth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Plymouth Jobs

•••