Wal-Mart Super Center set to open in Three Rivers

Jul 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kalamazoo Gazette

The Three Rivers Super Center is undergoing finishing touches in advance of opening its doors at 8 a.m. Aug. via Kalamazoo Gazette

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2007

took along time geting here but here now and opened doors aug8th this is great to have are own walmart store .

“God Guns and Guts Made America”

Since: Jun 07

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Judged:

You now have you own Supper China Mart, well to start with, you can now kiss off all the smaller stores in your area, you can kiss off any hope of ever having American Made products in your town. Knowing what I know now about China Mart/ Walmart I would have done all I could have done to STOP them from ever comming into my area.

That is not a good thing, Just take a look at some of the small towns that walmart has went into, Most of the stores on main street will be CLOSED. Is That a Good thing for your community? Walmart will put very little of their Profit back into your Community!!!

But they will give you a nice low paying part time job.

Good Luck with your new China Mart.
amp1964

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2007

Judged:

Do you think Meijers or Home depot or anywhere else is all american? heck again china made,what about the car you drive or the fuel you put in it GET REAL
amp1964

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2007

Judged:

Walmart is paying good wages-better than camoplast or any of the other fabulous jobs in TR--opps forgot there aren't many.American made products???? Where exactly do you get those? Check your stores theres a whole lot of imports more now than made here. I do know Wal-mart put alot of people to work and I worked for St Joe county Walmart pays more. THAT IS SAD!!!!!!
Hunt U

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2007

Judged:

I have worked for WalMart for nearly 12 years. They employed me when I finished my tour of duty from the Army when no one else would employ me. I have personaly seen numerous store managers giving thousands of dollars in the form of funds or food and merchandise back to the local communities as charity donations, monetary donations to non-profit community organizations, and underpriviledged family assistance.
The next time you see the Salvation Army, Girl Scouts, or UNICEF ringing a bell outside a WalMart store collecting YOUR donations, remember they had to get PERMISSION to be there from WalMart.
If you dont know your enemy, do not speak badly of him. Your enemy may be yourself.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2007

Judged:

thats just life everyone is figthing to be the better place walmart is a good place and is welcome to are town by alot of people here in tr and all around here only thing bad i have to say is they need to find better caring people in the hiring dept.that no,s what there doing and dont act like the lady i meet kathy that didnt act like she knew what to do wasnt very friendly at all and didnt act like she really want to work was to judgmental

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

Judged:

Meijers is still American Owned, Michigan Owned as a Matter of fact.
Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, They are the China Marts of the lumber industry. I do not Spend my money there either, almost all they sell is imported. People it is our fault that the only thing you can buy is imported. The more imports we let in, The more jobs we lose, That is just the way it is!!!!! Keep on posting, keep on conplaining about low paying jobs, Keep on buying those China made products. Michigan doesn't need those Manufacturing jobs any way!!!!!

Good luck with your China Mart
Maryann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

Judged:

The closest store to me is a Walmart, and I will not step foot in it. In fact, they are turning it into a Super Walmart so they can make sure to put out every other business in the area. I go completely out of my way to shop elsewhere. I like the homegrown Michigan based businesses especially those that are run by a family. They genuinely care about their customers. Wally World uses unfair business tactics to bully out the small guy. Buy from Michigan based businesses as much as possible. Fuel, we can't help but buy foreign for the most part, unless we use E85-but do your best. Don't just say oh well. Stand up for your state! We have to do what we can now. We are all complaining about the Michigan economy, but we have to put our money where our mouth is and support it.

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

Maryann
Your post is so True. We the People need to stand up and say NO MORE.
I will not give up, This was a very good State, and it can be again. If we have the guts to do it.
Maryann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

At one time,not too long ago, Michigan was the economic example for the entire country with the lowest unemployment rate. Let's do it again! A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step! One step at a time, we'll recover from this downtime, but we have to do our part. All of us. Buy from Michigan based companies as much as possible. I do understand that sometimes it can't be helped, but when it can be helped-make the concious choice and make a difference. I love this state even though I'm not native here. If we support Michigan based businesses, they won't have a need to move to another state. Walmart doesn't need any help. It's already taken over the world! Help the little guy-it's probably your neighbor and your neighbor's kids. I used to think it didn't matter, but it really does. Every non Michigan purchase we make hurts a Michigan business. Start now with whatever we possibly can. Every little bit helps. It's all trickle down. We help Michigan businesses, we help the entire state and hence ourselves.
Good night all and God bless this beautiful state.
Maryann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

When we buy imported items, we create a market for them. WE are creating a demand for them. If we create a demand for our own Michigan based merchandise, that's what we'll get. It won't happen overnight. Supply and demand-it's the way business always works. If there's no demand for Michigan products, then they will not be able to produce them. If we buy it, they'll produce it. If we buy foreign, then that's what we'll get more of. We inadvertently do it to ourselves. We think we're saving a few pennies by shopping Walwhatever, but we're killing jobs and businesses by doing so. We live in a time where our voices can be heard by companies through a click of the mouse. Write/email our Michigan companies showing our support and asking for their products. It does matter.
Three Rivers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

K R ZACK wrote:
You now have you own Supper China Mart, well to start with, you can now kiss off all the smaller stores in your area, you can kiss off any hope of ever having American Made products in your town. Knowing what I know now about China Mart/ Walmart I would have done all I could have done to STOP them from ever comming into my area.
That is not a good thing, Just take a look at some of the small towns that walmart has went into, Most of the stores on main street will be CLOSED. Is That a Good thing for your community? Walmart will put very little of their Profit back into your Community!!!
But they will give you a nice low paying part time job.
Good Luck with your new China Mart.
I thought everything was suppose to be made in America
Three Rivers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

What happened to it all being made in America
raechel

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

hi
Maryann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Walmart gets it's merchandise wherever they can get it the cheapest. Check the tags and markings. The vast majority of their products are from China or other countries, not the U.S.A.

You'll only help yourself if you buy American
zap

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

FORGET Walmart I have never been in a WalMart or is that MALFART Who wants to buy stuff from some stinky ol' anti American Walton ANYWAY SOOO lets all say "GOOD NIGHT JOHN BOY! and then KICK HIS CREEPY BUTT. back to Stinky twinkie CHINA. zap
John-Grand Rapids MI

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2008

Judged:

Its time for hot deals in Three Rivers.
wal mart is great

Patterson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Judged:

wal mart will save ur crappy lil town so shut it and praise sam walton for saving ur dead lil crap hole
Jennel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

It will save nothing. The only economy it helps is its own. Its a self serving beast that keeps its employees living under the poverty level.
The Big Three

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

In most town that Wallmart builds in some small Mom and Pops close. I like the decore too. But they employ may be 2 or 3 people. I'll bet Wallmart employes 10 fold of what they shutdown and bring lower affordable prices. I don't even like to shop but in most places ther stores are clean, neat, and have pretty much everything. If you want to stop imports then stop voting for politicians who vote for free trade agreements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Plymouth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Plymouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••