Question: What Should Plymouth Do Abo...

Question: What Should Plymouth Do About Parking?

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Aug 18, 2011, titled Question: What Should Plymouth Do About Parking?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A recent parking study by Rich & Associates concluded that downtown Plymouth has insufficient public parking , with the city owning just 40 percent of its total parking spaces inside the area where the study took place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Tony

Northville, MI

#1 Aug 18, 2011
I'm thinking they are heading towards installing parking meters everywhere they can. I say this because it's a dumb idea and the city is great for such moves. The effect will be to kill off more business. Plymouth seems to have been built without a plan.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#2 Aug 19, 2011
Tony wrote:
I'm thinking they are heading towards installing parking meters everywhere they can. I say this because it's a dumb idea and the city is great for such moves. The effect will be to kill off more business. Plymouth seems to have been built without a plan.
The horrible parking meters are a two edged sword. On one side, shoppers don't want to pay for shopping when they can shop at the malls and big stores for free. The other side of the sword, the merchants and their employees will, AND YES THEY WILL)park in the available spaces near their store. They will park in front of someone else's store and the other merchant will park in front of their's . When customers come and see there is no parking, they will move on. To get people back into downtown shopping, the police has to do parking enforcemrnt regardless who is overstaying the one hour,two hour, or handicapped spaces. If there is no parking meters and no one is marking tires and writing tickets, you can forget about downtown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) Nov 15 James 237
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Nov 6 Mlinsell 62
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Nov 4 Jim 20
is livonias mayor dennis wright a drunk? Oct 27 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Detroit building inspectors being arraigned on ... (Aug '13) Oct 26 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Glen st Oct 24 Cmckendrick 1
News Warrant denied after utility worker shoots dog Oct 23 WATCHING LIVONIA 4

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages