Petitions fall short of target

Petitions fall short of target

There are 3 comments on the Plymouth Township Observer story from Aug 26, 2011, titled Petitions fall short of target. In it, Plymouth Township Observer reports that:

The citizens group trying to get a special assessment district onto the Nov. 8 general election ballot in an effort to maintain current fire department staffing and service levels was dealt a blow Tuesday when the Plymouth Township Board of Trustees ruled the group hadn't reached the threshold necessary to force the issue onto the ballot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Plymouth Township Observer.

Tony

Northville, MI

#1 Aug 26, 2011
I'm not too shocked that a bunch of people don't seek to increase their taxes. I wonder if the supporters might have been police and fire related families.
Whatever

Jeffersonville, OH

#2 Aug 29, 2011
Tony wrote:
I'm not too shocked that a bunch of people don't seek to increase their taxes. I wonder if the supporters might have been police and fire related families.
Im betting you are one of "those" that will complain when your family member stops breathing or your at gun point in your own home, or maybe you get stuck in your room cut off by a smokey fire.....because the "police and fire" have been cut.

so you can save 75 a year in taxes.....keep on grinding those nickels together
Tony

Northville, MI

#3 Aug 29, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Im betting you are one of "those" that will complain when your family member stops breathing or your at gun point in your own home, or maybe you get stuck in your room cut off by a smokey fire.....because the "police and fire" have been cut.
so you can save 75 a year in taxes.....keep on grinding those nickels together
I'm in favor of using existing high tax dollars efficiently instead of scaring the people about such critical services. I see needless projects all over the place that could be eliminated to maintain fire and police.

PS. If I'm at gun point, the other guy is too! Too late to call the police until it's over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
slum lord 2 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) Jul 17 Pam 201
vote for team whittaker this august Jul 13 watching livonia 1
hillary clinton and chris martin are a lot alike Jul 13 watching livonia 1
News Livonia rec center renamed after former mayora Jul 13 watching livonia 1
News Livonia settles Kozma suit for $125K Jul 12 BIG DADDY 5
Getting laid now Jul 10 bonnie 4

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance