Kingston Residents Shocked Over Wind ...

Kingston Residents Shocked Over Wind Study

Posted in the Plymouth Forum

Jack Kelly

Jamestown, RI

#1 Dec 21, 2012
Kingston Board of Health wind turbine meeting was a circus. The show was run by a woman from the Consensus Building Institute. Her role was mediator just like the 22 meetings in Falmouth that went no where.

She wrote phrases on the board, and gave sympathetic looks to people, think, "Ohhhh, I'm sooo sorry your life stinks because of the turbine... let's give someone else a chance to talk."

The Chair of the BoH was amazingly ineffective, I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was in a Jerry Springer audience. The people were pissed, and they should have been.

The Mass CEC has been given control of the sound study, and they hired this mediator to handle the people and deflect justifiable anger.The Mass CEC representative is a wind turbine advocate. I'll bet his boss chose him based upon his unique ability to appear ineffective, disinterested and over his head. I've never heard anyone double talk and avoid answering questions as much as he did. He wasn't good at it, he just did it so often.

The Sound study engineers are Wind Energy Advocates. Someone mentioned a seminar that they hosted regarding "handling wind opponents". A local attorney went out of his way as part of his presentation to say he "respects" the engineer, this was confusing given what we know of HMMH, and took away or neutralized any ability to question the "independence" of this acoustical firm which is so key to the integrity of any "study".

Someone within Kingston politics is blocking any attempts to vote on stopping the turbine. They had a lawyer prepared to interrupt the motion and vote, and the Chair knew it. As soon as the topic came up, he pointed at her. They knew the agenda item was "overlooked" and they were counting on using it.

The intent of the CEC is to study Independence only. The other 3 turbines are out, unless someone intervenes.The BoH did not vote on shutting them down, because Town Council told them they'd be violating the open meeting law.The BoH said they'd take the matter up at their next meeting, Jan 14.

They're trying to wear people down just as they did in Falmouth .Kingston has realized they made a mistake, and the CEC is going to take their time assessing it. The only hope is that the BoH votes to shut them down until the study is complete. This situation is getting dangerously close to being just a forum for allowing the people to complain, and then we all go home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sgt Sue Mar '17 Kingston In the Know 1
Sgt Munford Needs to Go NOW!!!! Mar '17 Paul S 2
Looking for some pics Feb '17 John P 1
News Alleged rapist has 2-page rap sheet (Jan '10) Feb '17 Jane Doe 12
Wareham Hauntings? Tell your story. (Dec '08) Jan '17 Buyingahouse 14
Plymouth Music Selection (Sep '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 17
Plymouth Rock decorated Nov '16 Bbb 1

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance