Woman arrested in hit-run that injure...

Woman arrested in hit-run that injured officer on cycle

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 9, 2007, titled Woman arrested in hit-run that injured officer on cycle. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Metropolitan police have arrested a 38-year-old woman after a hit-and-run crash Monday that injured a motorcycle officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Scooter57

Redwood City, CA

#1 May 9, 2007
It was a female... she'll 'show remorse' and get off easy. Even though she left the guy lying in the street.
inindy

AOL

#2 May 9, 2007
To Scoooter: being female has nothing to do with being irresponsable alot of men are too, this has to do with leaving a human being lying in the street injured even if he wasnt a police officer, responsable adults dont do this sort of thing...grow up young lady...
BILL INDY

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 9, 2007
enough is enough...I am so tired of these non-licensed drivers/non-insured drivers on the streets that since the state wont do any thing about this problem then maybe they should ship back the arizona prisoners and begin to fill the newcastle facility with them..not the marion county jail!!!!!!!
Gary Indy

Troy, MI

#4 May 9, 2007
Why do people think they can skate thru life without doing what is right. WHY was this person and car on the streets without a driver's license and insurance? If you can not afford either, do not drive!!
Bart

Goldsmith, IN

#5 May 9, 2007
Would it make any difference if she were an illegal immigrant?
Who Cares

Plainfield, IN

#7 May 9, 2007
I got run over by an illegal, uninsured, unlicensed Mexican.(It didn't make the paper.) There were plenty of witnesses. Brizzi plea bargained no license, no insurance, fleeing, reckless driving, and crossing the double yellow down to fleeing.

It cost my insurance companies fully a quarter million dollars to keep me alive. Two years later and I'm still learning to walk. Armando got 90 days. He was on the street before I got the external fixture off.(If it's bad enough they don't use a cast, they screw bolts into the bone and clamp it all together. Oh what fun.)

Maybe Brizzi will actually give a siht now that it's a cop. I know for sure he doesn't care as much about the citizens as he does Mitchie's lawn care workers.

Since: May 07

Marion, IN

#8 May 9, 2007
Bart wrote:
Would it make any difference if she were an illegal immigrant?
You know she might be! Illegal from North Brazil Ave.
James

Chicago, IL

#9 May 9, 2007
I've seen plenty of women get lengthy sentences by a judge in court for screwing up. In the case of a felony like this there will be no mercy unless she accepts a plea. Which is very possible with Plea Bargin Brizzi. Which is probably what happened to Who Cares. Brizzi cut a deal for the guilty plea. He needs to learn there are some defendents who you cut a deal with, minor crimes or anything marajuana related. But major things like this that really hurt people, no pleas. If they want mercy, plea guilty and convince the sentencing judge you deserve it.
Throw it Out

Indianapolis, IN

#11 May 9, 2007
I'm sure if she was a state employee, this case wouldn't even be looked at. It would be overlooked by somebody (Brizzi). Fact of the matter is, when it's someone other than a state employee that this happened to and affected (cop), they throw all their resources into making somebody pay. Why didn't Terry Record's case get as much attention as this back in October. I think the state owes one back to the citizens. She should be let off the hook. Then, the family members of the state-employed cop would know how preferential treatment feels.
fred

Indianapolis, IN

#12 May 9, 2007
Who Cares wrote:
I got run over by an illegal, uninsured, unlicensed Mexican.(It didn't make the paper.) There were plenty of witnesses. Brizzi plea bargained no license, no insurance, fleeing, reckless driving, and crossing the double yellow down to fleeing.
It cost my insurance companies fully a quarter million dollars to keep me alive. Two years later and I'm still learning to walk. Armando got 90 days. He was on the street before I got the external fixture off.(If it's bad enough they don't use a cast, they screw bolts into the bone and clamp it all together. Oh what fun.)
Maybe Brizzi will actually give a siht now that it's a cop. I know for sure he doesn't care as much about the citizens as he does Mitchie's lawn care workers.
You voted for this republican ogre, you lump it.
Scooter57

United States

#13 May 9, 2007
James wrote:
I've seen plenty of women get lengthy sentences by a judge in court for screwing up. In the case of a felony like this there will be no mercy unless she accepts a plea. Which is very possible with Plea Bargin Brizzi. Which is probably what happened to Who Cares. Brizzi cut a deal for the guilty plea. He needs to learn there are some defendents who you cut a deal with, minor crimes or anything marajuana related. But major things like this that really hurt people, no pleas. If they want mercy, plea guilty and convince the sentencing judge you deserve it.
She should have had the accident out in Hamilton County.... Sonia Leercamp lets almost all females off. A few tears in the corner of the eyes and you're good to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking to sell nudes (Jan '15) Apr 4 Anonymous 24
Play golf more often paying just for the holes ... Mar '18 egullpay 2
Review: Amber Nicole Smith Nov '17 AMBER NICOLE SMITH 1
News Payne gets new trial in triple homicide (Sep '06) Oct '17 IamTerriffic 24
4/15/11 Clayton on Oprah (Apr '11) Jul '17 Bee 6
News Voice of the People: System keeps bad judges on... (Sep '08) Jul '17 IdiotsRule 9
Thomas (Tom) Neff (Feb '17) Feb '17 Magician 1

Plymouth Jobs

Personal Finance

Plymouth Mortgages