N. Ind. pastor sought in molesting

N. Ind. pastor sought in molesting

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 26, 2007, titled N. Ind. pastor sought in molesting. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A pastor remained at large Thursday after being charged with molesting a 12-year-old female member of his Hispanic congregation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
real talk

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 26, 2007
sick world... .
Scan

Glendale, CA

#3 Jan 26, 2007
I would look for the wife too!
Did he leave her alive in California?
Did he leave her in California at all?
have to say it

Teaneck, NJ

#4 Jan 26, 2007
so is this really a 12 yr old, or is that just the age on "her" ID
umm

Markleville, IN

#5 Jan 26, 2007
you're gonna blame the parents for this? like they thought the pastor would molest their daughter. come on.
Yo Momma

Plainfield, IN

#6 Jan 26, 2007
What is this freakin world coming to? What next?
Ron Jeremy

Columbus, IN

#7 Jan 26, 2007
Big Surprise
sick

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jan 26, 2007
I know we learned to trust people and looking up to preachers, pastors, and priest.
This is a sick world, when it comes to having sick old poeple praying on younger kids.
In this time in age, trust nobody, specially with your kids, you need to talk to them, and be very open with them.
It is not the parents fault, but what was the reason for the trip? a 12 year old, alone with almost strangers? how well did they know each other, to trust your child to go far away?
did this kid wanted to go, had something happen before this trip?
I hope they find him, and keep him in jail, so he won't go out and do that to some one else. And his stupid wife, why in the world will she not sense something wrong, a grown man, coming back by himself with a girl. Did the girls parents knew he was coming back by himself, and not asked questions why, and didnt' ask to talk to the daughther, and asked her if she felt ok to come back, with a man alone..

Parents, need to be more aware of your surrondings
Citizen Patriot

Canton, MI

#9 Jan 26, 2007
Where was the wife and his family during this trip? Also, why would this child's parents let her travel to California with anyone regardless of them being a minister? This whole thing stinks on ice!
What

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 26, 2007
THIS IS DISGUSTING!!! I have worked with youth my entire life, and you learn that you do not spend time alone with a child of the opposite sex, it is just a common sense thing because of people like this. My boyfriend all works with youth in the community. I would look at anyone suspiciously if they wanted to take a child back across country BY THEMSELVES!!! Even if my boyfriend wanted to do it (with no sexual pretenses) I would say no, because it would just look wrong, whether the child was male or female. The woman is just as guilty for letting this happen, I think. On the same note, as a parent, I would have thought this was absurd for my little girl to go with him in the first place, never would have happened. Why? BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE HIM. Enough said.
Poogiesue

Shelbyville, IN

#13 Jan 26, 2007
Why would his man's wife set this little girl up, she is as guilty as he is. Why would she stay in California and send this little 12 year old girl with him to abuse her. I'm sure she knew something was going on and then was in on the execution.
WHY

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2007
That is horrible a married man and a minister or priest in charge of a church. What is the world coming to I hope they can find him even if they donít he will have to face his crime on Judgment Day he will be punished for his sins.

Since: Jan 07

Shelbyville, IN

#15 Jan 26, 2007
I am logged on as poogiesue
Dawn

Janesville, WI

#16 Jan 26, 2007
Citizen Patriot wrote:
Where was the wife and his family during this trip? Also, why would this child's parents let her travel to California with anyone regardless of them being a minister? This whole thing stinks on ice!
Exactly...Nowadays you can't trust anyone with your kids.
Researched It

Bloomington, IN

#17 Jan 26, 2007
WHY wrote:
That is horrible a married man and a minister or priest in charge of a church. What is the world coming to I hope they can find him even if they donít he will have to face his crime on Judgment Day he will be punished for his sins.
Romans 3:23:
"23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

We all make mistakes.

1 Peter 3:18:
"18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God..."

Titus 3:5:
"5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,..."

Provided that the pastor has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (including all that entails, as far as repentance goes, etc.), the pastor will still be with God in heaven, Mr. WHY. Jesus died to cover all of our sins; just because someone is a pastor does not mean they can't make mistakes or that they don't. Pastors of churches are human, just like you and me. And just like you and me, if one truly gives his life to Jesus Christ, then when Judgment Day comes, he will not be "punished for his sins" as you say, but will be rewarded for striving to live his life with/for Christ with an eternity spent in heaven with God.

(P.S. I'm not going to get into a debate about the Bible & related issues. As a Christian, I just want to clarify something I think was misrepresented.)
open hearted

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jan 26, 2007
Researched It wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make mistakes.
"18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God..."
"5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,..."
Provided that the pastor has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (including all that entails, as far as repentance goes, etc.), the pastor will still be with God in heaven, Mr. WHY. Jesus died to cover all of our sins; just because someone is a pastor does not mean they can't make mistakes or that they don't. Pastors of churches are human, just like you and me. And just like you and me, if one truly gives his life to Jesus Christ, then when Judgment Day comes, he will not be "punished for his sins" as you say, but will be rewarded for striving to live his life with/for Christ with an eternity spent in heaven with God.
(P.S. I'm not going to get into a debate about the Bible & related issues. As a Christian, I just want to clarify something I think was misrepresented.)
You know I beleive in God, but this is what is so hard, to understand
so we can sin all we want, and just expect to be forgiven? cause he dies for our sins?

He also gave us a brain, and he also think he expect us to behave and do good...

I am sure if this person would have done something to your family member you woulndn't just be saying the same thing

I can't see someone raping your kid, and you sit around and pray

I believe in prayer, but it doesn't always solve everything, and it is not always the answer
Citizen Patriot

Canton, MI

#20 Jan 26, 2007
Researched It wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make mistakes.
By your statement, are we to assume that we can be the next Hitler and get into heaven? I am a Christian but I don't believe that idea to be the case. If someone has committed such evil they have turned their backs on God and don't deserve salvation!
Chase Durer

Newport, KY

#21 Jan 26, 2007
The first thing the authorities need to do when they find this maggot is determine if he is in the U.S. legally. If he is a legal citizen of the U.S., or has a Green Card then by all means throw the book at him. Crucify him, castrate him, make sure he can never harm a child again. BUT, if he is an illegal alien, then we must remember he is here only to improve the living conditions for himself and his family. He is here to do the work ordinary Americans won't do. Surely he must have been under great stress from the efforts to provide a better life for his family.
Blah. blah. blah.
SICK OF IT

Elmhurst, IL

#22 Jan 26, 2007
Just another pervert using religion as a "mask" to hide their real intentions.

I bet he will take the motel bill(s) as a deductible tax expense.
Wayne Conn

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jan 26, 2007
i think the age of consent is 12 in mexico.
JANE FROM CARMEL

Sterling, VA

#24 Jan 26, 2007
GOD FORBID THE ACCUSATIONS ARE UNFOUNDED. I KNOW OF A CASE THAT A 12 YR. OLD ACCUSED HER STEP-FATHER OF ALL KINDS OF SEXUAL ACTS, THEREFORE HE WAS ARRESTED. WHEN THEY TOOK THE GIRL TO THE RAPE CLINIC, HYMEN WAS INTACT AND SHE CLAIMED THEY HAD SEX 3 TIMES DAILY. FORTUNATE FOR THE MALE WHO WAS WRONGLY ACCUSED, HE WAS CLEARED OF ANY WRONG -DOING, BUT THE STRESS FOR BOTH SIDES OF THE FAMILIES WERE OVER WHELMING. IT WAS IN THE LOCAL PAPER DAILY,HOWEVER, WHEN HE WAS FOUND INNOCENT NOTHING WAS EVER IN THE PAPER ABOUT THAT. AS SOON AS HE WAS PROVEN INNOCENT, HE GOT THE HECK AWAY FROM WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS A HAPPY FAMILY. WE DO HAVE TO REMEMBER INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plymouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking to sell nudes (Jan '15) May 9 cherrybby 6
Thomas (Tom) Neff Feb '17 Magician 1
News Psychologist to stand trial Feb. 7 (Feb '06) Jan '17 G-dwiilavenge 141
News Michigan Road Ribbon Cutting on Wednesday (Aug '16) Aug '16 Dave Holmes 1
subway (Jan '16) Jan '16 brandon123 1
NUSBAUM Elkin Funeral home (May '15) Oct '15 The Rev 5
Algae (Sep '15) Sep '15 Gail 2

Plymouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance