Whats next at Crossroads Commons

Whats next at Crossroads Commons

There are 14 comments on the Stevens Point Journal story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Whats next at Crossroads Commons. In it, Stevens Point Journal reports that:

“Told is working on bringing in new retailers. Everyone has their own ideas of what they'd like to see go up.”

Barnes & Noble? Pier 1 Imports? Linens 'n Things? Told Development, the real estate company that controls the Plover retail development, is already in talks to bring in the next wave of retail stores. via Stevens Point Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stevens Point Journal.

Julie

United States

#1 Sep 24, 2007
I would love to see a Maggiano's restaurant. They are usually attached to higher-end shopping centers and offer a place to sit down and have something nice, rather than fast - food in a mall-setting. With their own entrance, they are also a great draw for anyone not shopping. It also seems as though this area does not have anything similar (a TGI Friday's would appear to further saturate a local market filled with Chili's, Charcoal Grill, Golden Corral, Hudsons....) While the aforementioned restaurants provide an excellent choice for mid-priced family dining, we seem to have enough of them at this time.
Bill

Sharps, VA

#2 Sep 28, 2007
I have heard that there is a Sam's Club planned for the Crossroads, but I'd rather see an Ikea store come to Central Wisconsin. The Swedish based department store has a lot more to offer than Sam's Club and the prices are just as competitive. The closest one to our area is in Minneapolis next to the Mall of America. I think that's a little to far away for a casual shopping spree.
Zach

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2007
There are like 2 IKEA in Chicago, one In New York and LA.

Do you really think they would EVER open up a store in Central Wisconsin????

Please!?!?
Bill wrote:
I have heard that there is a Sam's Club planned for the Crossroads, but I'd rather see an Ikea store come to Central Wisconsin. The Swedish based department store has a lot more to offer than Sam's Club and the prices are just as competitive. The closest one to our area is in Minneapolis next to the Mall of America. I think that's a little to far away for a casual shopping spree.
Allen

Nekoosa, WI

#4 Nov 4, 2007
Maybe you should do some more research Zach, there are a heck of a lot more of them than that.
Zach wrote:
There are like 2 IKEA in Chicago, one In New York and LA.
Do you really think they would EVER open up a store in Central Wisconsin????
Please!?!?
<quoted text>
Eric

Pequot Lakes, MN

#5 Dec 27, 2007
Stevens Point needs a Chipotle and Pancheros mexican grill...

Eric
Judy

Amherst Junction, WI

#6 Dec 31, 2007
I would like to see a JCPenney store in Crossroads, they are building stand alone stores and we could use one that has all that a larger store like the one in Appleton is. Stevens Point and Wausas stores are not complete at all.
Gary

Cheboygan, MI

#7 Feb 5, 2008
I think poeple should patronize the downtown Stevens Point stores because they are more unique.
Also, I can walk to the stores and I'm supporting local businesses.
michael

Stevens Point, WI

#8 Nov 5, 2008
I heard that a Woodsmans Store is going to go up in the area as well.

“I Make Great Headlines!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Jan 23, 2009
IKEA is possible. That sounds crazy at first, but let me explain. I used to tell people that we'd have a Best Buy in Plover or Stevens Point eventually and they thought that was crazy too.

Plover is located in a part of the state that, if an IKEA were to be built, would draw people from all directions. The only exceptions would possibly be near the southern and western borders of Wisconsin. I say possibly because not everyone wants to drive through Minneapolis and Chicago.

Given that information, and the statistical popularity of the store itself, I think it could make it in Plover since it would be the Wisconsin IKEA. Actually, it would also be a good idea to try and draw them here because it truly is an incredible store with many items that other businesses in the area simply cannot provide.

I would also love to see a Barnes and Noble or a Woodman's be built. I also agree that we need to focus on our downtown areas. I have many ideas on that as well. That will be for a different posting however.
Ryan

Plainfield, WI

#10 Apr 7, 2009
Downtown Point Sucks they should just bulldoze the whole thing and put in a corn field. At least someone would get some use out of that.
Ryan

Plainfield, WI

#11 Apr 7, 2009
Point turns down all building projects thats why Plover gets them all. Point Blows!!! Let's all just watch it die out like Rapids.
JimR

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#12 Jun 8, 2010
They are digging and pouring cement on the lot behind Micheal's near Best Buy. Looks like the size of another Dollar Store.
Jerry E

United States

#13 Jun 22, 2010
anyway we can confirm that?
Centrailia

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#14 Jun 5, 2012
Oh great another Dollar type store...!!! I hope that is not the case, we are being flooded with those stores. I'm not saying they aren't nice.... but there getting to be to numerous. They have already cut down maples trees that have got to be close to 100 years old so they can build one in Nekoosa where the old pool use to be. What a waste of a beautiful area and its trees for a dollar store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College drop-out accused of strangling former a... (Aug '13) Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 3
Lullabye Furniture Factory (Sep '08) Aug 9 Jkjrg416 134
Former Irving School House in Wisconsin Rapids (Jan '10) Aug 7 Bergy 22
News Pat, left, and Brad Pavloski were honored as As... (Nov '08) Jun '16 CastleRockAnglers... 2
Multi-Family Garage Sale (Aug '15) Aug '15 sdeaner 1
Fantastic sams 7.99 hair cuts (Jul '15) Jul '15 Klmath 1
News $1 million Powerball ticket sold in Kaukauna (Sep '13) Sep '13 Playslip 2

Plover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plover Mortgages