First Prev
of 9
Next Last
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#189 Dec 12, 2013
conservative mom wrote:
they all should be thrown out if you ask me..........clean the house!!
Do disagree with the idea of throwing them all out. What ever happened to the idea of the Framers? The job was to be a temporary one! Go in and come back to the job of before.

We , as a Country , went wrong, when the Congress people started collecting money , stayed in office til old age or retirement. Term limits!!Maybe this could get new blood and a turn over in the stale same ole , same ole, we now have. Have you noticed most of the ones in office do not want anything to effect their jobs or to have term limits? They just want to keep the system as it is and borrow money to keep on !!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#190 Dec 13, 2013
Now we have Obama named as the liar of the year!!!

Now we have a new Budget supported by both parties. Does it go back and live within the input of taxes ?, no. It simply keeps the status quo, that way we will reach $25 trillion by the time of election for the U.S. debt. Wake me up when you realize what is happening!!! No one seems to want to do anything about it right now!!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#191 Dec 13, 2013
It is almost impossible to conceive of the POTUS being named the liar of the year!!! Yet that is what has been done.

You Oblamer people are the sheep followers now.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#192 Dec 13, 2013
whitehair wrote:
It is almost impossible to conceive of the POTUS being named the liar of the year!!! Yet that is what has been done.
You Oblamer people are the sheep followers now.
Maybe by name,,,but I'm thinking that it really ain't that way.
While it's my belief that Obama may have "double talked" us a time or two pertaining to healthcare alone,and maybe misplaces a certain amount of valued focus on civil rights issues,,,he seems to me to be genuinely sincere and regretful when he's apologizing for it,,,and makes it awkward for me as an American to look at my leader and even hint that he's a liar.
Just a thought though,it probably makes us look pretty bad to country's like Korea,China,and Afghanistan,etc,,,when "their" media exploits "our" headlines proclaiming that "our" people have named "our" president as liar of the year.
Either way,,,have a good evening whitehair.

Since: May 11

Louisville, KY

#193 Dec 14, 2013
conservative mom wrote:
they all should be thrown out if you ask me..........clean the house!!
I really must disagree with this view. There are many wonderful people from both parties (being a liberal I would probably disagree with you about which ones are good). Sadly they tend to be the ones who are first in line to be voted out, often being replaced by the most mediocre person the other side can come up with. It's tragic when Democrats think that Sheldon Whitehouse was a better person to represent RI than the great Republican (formerly) Lincoln Chafee, or when WI got rid of the most noble politician of my lifetime, Russ Feingold, to be replaced by an uninspiring turd like Ron Johnson.(as a conservative you may have lamented the fact that Allen West lost to a nobody, although that wasn't surprisning since that was actually a very liberal district. I don't care for his politics, or even personally, but he did have a very strong soapbox, and may still have a bright future in conservative circles).
Nobody

Glasgow, KY

#195 Jan 3, 2014
experienced wrote:
I vote against rinos
they all crooked
no choices

Bowling Green, KY

#196 Jan 5, 2014
God save America
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#197 Jan 9, 2014
that goth in LJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I really must disagree with this view. There are many wonderful people from both parties (being a liberal I would probably disagree with you about which ones are good). Sadly they tend to be the ones who are first in line to be voted out, often being replaced by the most mediocre person the other side can come up with. It's tragic when Democrats think that Sheldon Whitehouse was a better person to represent RI than the great Republican (formerly) Lincoln Chafee, or when WI got rid of the most noble politician of my lifetime, Russ Feingold, to be replaced by an uninspiring turd like Ron Johnson.(as a conservative you may have lamented the fact that Allen West lost to a nobody, although that wasn't surprisning since that was actually a very liberal district. I don't care for his politics, or even personally, but he did have a very strong soapbox, and may still have a bright future in conservative circles).
Yes, I am on the other side .Do agree with you that there are some dedicated, superior ,hard working, wanting the best for the Country, in Congress. Both Parties!

But my thinking is that Congress was not a place for politicians to get the job and stay there til retirement! They get the power, start collecting money and gravitate to voting as the money flows . This is no help to the people or the Country. Term limits would be a cure, not the best, but a start.

Yes, Mr.Allen West would seem to be of a group that would be good for the Country.

To be blunt, McConnell has been one I knew but until the Tea Party people turned him around, he was slipping into just another trying to keep his job . Did agree with him on O being a one term POTUS, but that failed.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#199 Jan 27, 2014
Both have been there , so why not go for a new person? One thing for sure, we do need to have Republicans or Tea Party control of the House and Senate!!!

No more Obama , no more Obama Care!!!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#200 Jan 30, 2014
Another year rolled around. Country not in much better shape than last year. Debt is approaching $18 trillion. How much of this can any actually realize how big it is?
Obama still on his soapbox ,all talk and little do, same as Congress. Only thing he has as his accomplishment is Obama Care and it has cost some 6 million to lose the Insurance they had, and forced some to buy what Obama thinks is good .What right does he have to make any buy what HE wants? Stupid Congress passed it and we all lost a little of our freedom. Not only that , the end result seems to be some 20 million still have no insurance ,too poor to buy or don`t want to(?), It would have been cheaper to give insurance coverage and pay the premium than to go the Obama route!
Ron

Benton, KY

#201 Feb 10, 2014
Agree.....we DO need a Republican or a Tea Party controlled Congress AND President!!!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#203 Mar 14, 2014
Ron wrote:
Agree.....we DO need a Republican or a Tea Party controlled Congress AND President!!!!
No, do not agree. There is much better gov`t when all parties get together and share ideas. Trouble here is that they refuse to work together and if all were of the same Party, the pendulum has just swung back, not good for the Country , but just good for the ones in office.

Diversity is better than any one Party rule. We need to have a way to force them to do their jobs. Only when we replace the ones that will not, can we no longer be held responsible for what is there . It is our duty to get ones in there that will do the term limits thing and stop the lobbyists from writing the Bills and paying for votes.

Since: May 11

Louisville, KY

#204 Mar 14, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
No, do not agree. There is much better gov`t when all parties get together and share ideas. Trouble here is that they refuse to work together and if all were of the same Party, the pendulum has just swung back, not good for the Country , but just good for the ones in office.
Diversity is better than any one Party rule. We need to have a way to force them to do their jobs. Only when we replace the ones that will not, can we no longer be held responsible for what is there . It is our duty to get ones in there that will do the term limits thing and stop the lobbyists from writing the Bills and paying for votes.
I certainly concur with putting a muzzle on lobbyists, although I'm not sure that I can support term limits. If a politician meets the needs of their constituents, it doesn't seem right to tell them that they can't keep them if they want.

But we do need more moderates, or more accurately, the right kind of moderates. The centrists we have in congress at the moment are largely principleless cowards, with no ideas, who only take a position that is politically expedient. Generally, the best moderates are the ones who pay the biggest political price.

Lincoln Chafee was a Republican senator from RI, who had views that spread across the political spectrum, but he had the courage to vote against the Iraq war from the very get go, and took some positions that were more liberal than the Democrats at that time. He bravely went to the voters and said that he had always voted his convictions and did what he felt was best for the country, and was immediately voted out.

And while I strongly disagree with Joseph Lieberman on some issues, his refusal to back down or flip flop was definitely admirable.

But now all we have as "moderates" are scum like Susan Collins, Mark Pryor, and that scoundrel from West Virginia.
Yep

Madison, TN

#205 Mar 19, 2014
Yep
eddie

Mason, OH

#206 Mar 23, 2014
What difference does it make?They're just cashing in like the rest.Day after the election it'll be back to business as usual.Choosing between two evils is still choosing evil.Only one thing worse than a criminal,a politician.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#207 Mar 24, 2014
This election is one very important to our Country. It is really important for the Senate to become the leader of things to be passed to forward our Country and to work with the House in doing that. Right now, there is no leader in the Senate that will work with the leader of the House,
Harry Reid has he power and the control to pocket anything good coming out of the house because of Party! Again, as long as they have the jobs for life, the process becomes one sided , no matter which Party is in control. Term Limits has been suggested as a method to get rid of the dead wood, but we also lose good representation of dedicated people. There has been no other suggestions to get rid of the bad ones being re-elected over and over because of name recognition..

Could this become the responsibility of the people in all the States to do better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasureville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
human melanin elisa kit 50 min sophieannas 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 59 min Irvine 131,619
Excess Garbage Pickup 1 hr Well 3
any gift idea's 1 hr Idea 2
Cracker Barrel 5 hr Bob 6
Any attractive single girls in shelbyville anym... 7 hr Tragic 1
I need a Job.. 8 hr dave connors 9
Pleasureville Dating
Find my Match

Pleasureville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pleasureville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pleasureville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:04PM
Complete Preview for Bucs vs. Bengals
NBC Sports 1:11 PM
Griffin addresses media, says he's here to help the team win
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Complete Bengals Preview for Bucs Game