Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Hitler was a dictator so your question is sort of like asking, "Is Obama black or is he the next Martin Luther King?"

Since you still have a semi-functional House and Senate that represents THEMSELVES, no. Technically, that still makes us a republic.
politcal guru

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

no way wrote:
or is he the next hitler?
He wants to be a dictator. But he isn't. He is not at all Hitler. He is a profesional liar.
TA Gulle

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Obummer is a middle of the road politician. no more, no less.
it's the talibaptists you got to watch out for.
George Fitzhugh

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

no way wrote:
or is he the next hitler?
No. Hitler was basically an honest man. He did not get filthy rich. Obama is more in the Idi Amin or Robert Mugabe mold, a popular demagogue who loots the country for all he can get for himself and his pals.
DMR

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

I love how people riding around with The CONFEDERATE FLAG on the front of the pick up truck want to compare Obama to Hitler. I bet it even comes up in the Klan meeting.
Derp

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

George Fitzhugh wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Hitler was basically an honest man. He did not get filthy rich. Obama is more in the Idi Amin or Robert Mugabe mold, a popular demagogue who loots the country for all he can get for himself and his pals.
Sort of the way Cheney and pals got rich from the blood of American soldiers?!?!?!
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

U got the dick part right
William Shirer

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Derp wrote:
Hitler was a dictator so your question is sort of like asking, "Is Obama black or is he the next Martin Luther King?"
Since you still have a semi-functional House and Senate that represents THEMSELVES, no. Technically, that still makes us a republic.
Recommend you read my book, "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich".

Throughout Hitler's rule, Germany had a nominally functional legislature. Hitler even went through the motions of asking it for a formal declaration of war when he started World War II.
Fo Real Dough

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

How can he be a dictator? He takes orders from his wife.
Other countries

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Willy Shirer, there were countries that declared war on Germany first, I take it you are just talking about the US. Reichstag is a German word which in political terms means Parliament. By 1993, Reichstag was a pseudo-parliament of the Third Reich. Itís not like there was an opposition party when Hitler spoke.
Fo Real Dough

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Other countries wrote:
Willy Shirer, there were countries that declared war on Germany first, I take it you are just talking about the US. Reichstag is a German word which in political terms means Parliament. By 1993, Reichstag was a pseudo-parliament of the Third Reich. Itís not like there was an opposition party when Hitler spoke.
No way. By 1993 Nazi Germany hadn't existed in 48 years. LOL

I know you meant 1933. I'm just playing.

Adolf actually became sole leader of Germany 19 August 1934. They elected him democratically though.
Chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

A majority wanted hope and change...how they Like it now?

Chris Christi 2016 or how about a recall election now?
Jim

Zurich, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Chuck wrote:
A majority wanted hope and change...how they Like it now?
Chris Christi 2016 or how about a recall election now?
I like it better than some rightie as president. Screw Chris Christie. Btw, you can't even spell your hero's name.
Former Dixiecrat

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Obamacare was intended to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.

It was intended to provide free health care to Obama's political base, the non-working welfare recipient class. It is doing that. They get Medicaid. Absolutely FREE. And doing it is easy. The welfare office will bend over backward and jump through hoops to sign them up.

It was also intended to punish the working class who are the rank and file voters of the Republican Party. It is doing that just fine too. They are being stuck with huge premium increases that they must pay or be fined. Many will be unable to afford insurance and will end up paying the fine. If they can afford insurance, the deductibles and co-payments are so high that they cannot afford to use it for routine care.

Obamacare also has 2 built in mechanisms that will hurt workers even more than the individual mandate. First, by exempting employers with under 50 employees (and adding greatly to the cost of the premiums that they must pay if they do cover their employees) it encourages employers with just a few workers over 50, say 54, to lay off workers to get under the 50 limit. Many will do that. They will have no choice, since they cannot afford the higher premiums that they must now pay. The loophole that allows big employers with hundreds or thousands of low wage employees to not cover part time workers is an incentive for those employers to cut people's hours.

The aim was to force low wage workers onto the expanded Medicaid. However, there is a Catch-22 in that too. Take this example:

A 55 year old coal miner who worked for good wages for many years and is laid off because of Obama's "War on Coal." He owns a house that is paid for, two or more vehicles, and maybe a boat or a little tract of land that he uses for recreation. He has some savings. After he is laid off, he takes a full time job at low wages. It is all that he can get. It pays the bills and he figures he can last until age 62 and Social Security and retirement kick in. Then Obamacare hits his employer. If he works for an employer with 50 workers and he's no. 50, he will be the one fired. Last hired; first fired. He has to pay his own Obamacare, but he can't afford it. So he ends up going without insurance and paying the fine.

"But," the Obamanites say, "He can get expanded Medicaid!"

Well, yes, he can. But - and here's the Catch-22 - he's not eligible for Medicaid because he has too much in the way of assets - that house and everything that he has worked all his life for. He has to liquidate those assets and spend the money before he can get Medicaid. It will impoverish him.

And that is just what the Obama intended for it to do.
yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Impeach him now! Im telling you people, wake up before its too late! Get him out! It seems like every 5 years or so you save up a little, think you are doing something, then bam! Government takes it all back! Obama has got to go. He hates jews and christians. Picking government officials is just picking the less of two evils! But obama just might be the end for some! He is the anti christ!
yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Obama plans on taking all his people into mamouth cave and stocking supplies deep into caves and in the ozarks while the rest of us get nuked! Its is true people! No joke! Impeach him now!!!!
frankfortpat

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Anti - Christ
WOW

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

You people need a reality check.
Fellow Non-Theist

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Vegetable Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
But he swore to protect and defend...with his hand on Abe Lincoln's
Holy Bible! Remember?
Now what have ye to say?
"The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." ó Abraham Lincoln.

"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures have become clearer and stronger with advancing age and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pleasureville Discussions

Search the Pleasureville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ridiculous Frankfort: The Line at Cookout 10 min Brad 13
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min DITCH MITCH 146,441
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min ChromiuMan 128,771
Garcias needs to enlarge their patio and have b... 1 hr food n stuff 6
Did Miguel's ex wife 1 hr food n stuff 3
New rap group... 1 hr well 7
paula ward (Dec '11) 1 hr Tiger 85
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pleasureville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••