wreck during the night
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Toledo, OH

#1 Dec 18, 2013
Anyone know who the 18 year old is that wrecked on Owenton Rd during the night. I know they are in critical condition. Praying for this child.
sad

Frankfort, KY

#2 Dec 18, 2013
Matthew Lynn
Also praying

Shelbyville, KY

#3 Dec 18, 2013
First I hope he has a full and uneventful recovery.

This "child" has a history of driving infractions which put others at risk and yet chose to drive on a suspended license according to the news reports. In addition to a full recovery I hope he makes better choices in the future.
concerned

Toledo, OH

#4 Dec 18, 2013
Also praying wrote:
First I hope he has a full and uneventful recovery.

This "child" has a history of driving infractions which put others at risk and yet chose to drive on a suspended license according to the news reports. In addition to a full recovery I hope he makes better choices in the future.
Yes, he is still a child. At 18 you are legally an adult but mentally and maturity level they are not, maybe many years ago, but not this day and age. I'm thankful that no one else was hurt or killed and hopefully he will make a full recovery and learn from this. Years ago children were made to grow up and at 18, they were mature enough, they had no choice but to work on the farms, help catch their food and their maturity level at age 10 was more than they are at 18 now. Unfortunately times have changed and kids are babied.
Just me

Frankfort, KY

#5 Dec 18, 2013
Trust and believe he was NOT babied. He has not had an easy life but the past year he has turned it around. He was accepted and getting ready to attend the State Police Academy in Richmond in January. It does not look good from what I have been told by his brother so I am definitely going to keep praying for him.
Get it right

Frankfort, KY

#6 Dec 18, 2013
Just me wrote:
Trust and believe he was NOT babied. He has not had an easy life but the past year he has turned it around. He was accepted and getting ready to attend the State Police Academy in Richmond in January. It does not look good from what I have been told by his brother so I am definitely going to keep praying for him.
I thought that he was 18 tears old. You must be 21 to go to the police academy, Kentucky State Police does not have an academy in Richmond.
DNA

Pleasureville, KY

#7 Dec 18, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he is still a child. At 18 you are legally an adult but mentally and maturity level they are not, maybe many years ago, but not this day and age. I'm thankful that no one else was hurt or killed and hopefully he will make a full recovery and learn from this. Years ago children were made to grow up and at 18, they were mature enough, they had no choice but to work on the farms, help catch their food and their maturity level at age 10 was more than they are at 18 now. Unfortunately times have changed and kids are babied.
Learning how to catch your dinner is not going to increase the development of the prefrontal cortex of the brain.
concerned

Toledo, OH

#8 Dec 18, 2013
DNA wrote:
<quoted text>Learning how to catch your dinner is not going to increase the development of the prefrontal cortex of the brain.
I think you get the point of what I'm saying.
Wondering

Frankfort, KY

#9 Dec 18, 2013
From what I saw when I googled this "child", he was arrested in September and again in October for driving infractions. Yes, it's on the web, but there are photos of him at FCRJ. I feel that after this, he won't ever be a law inforcement officer. I'm praying for him, too. No matter what he's done and I don't even know this "child". Years ago at age 18, these "children" were drafted. They had to grow up.
tootles

Frankfort, KY

#10 Dec 18, 2013
The state police academy IS in Richmond, however you have to be 21. If he had a suspended he probably couldn't get in.
you get it right

Toledo, OH

#11 Dec 18, 2013
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that he was 18 tears old. You must be 21 to go to the police academy, Kentucky State Police does not have an academy in Richmond.
No they don't have an academy in Richmond but the do have a program at EKU...
Get it right

Frankfort, KY

#12 Dec 18, 2013
you get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't have an academy in Richmond but the do have a program at EKU...
Read the original post if you have the ability to do so. It said that he had been accepted in the KSP academy in Richmond in January. I doubt that they would accept him with a suspended license and the simple fact that he is 18. I'm sorry that he had a wreck and was injured but, had he not ran from police he probably would be driving today.
DNA

Pleasureville, KY

#13 Dec 18, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you get the point of what I'm saying.
Herding cattle is not going to advance a 10-year-old's ability to process future consequences based on present actions.
yep

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 18, 2013
The kid was out drinking, driving 101 mph, and running from the cops, all on a suspended license. He was old enough to know the consequences and hopefully, yes, he will never be a law enforcement officer.
All these idiots taking up for him ought to be glad he didn't kill somebody.
yep

Frankfort, KY

#15 Dec 18, 2013
DNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Herding cattle is not going to advance a 10-year-old's ability to process future consequences based on present actions.
It has to be better than playing video games all day ?
Get it right

Frankfort, KY

#16 Dec 18, 2013
I am sorry for this young mans condition but it is a result of his actions. Why was he driving at a high rate of speed, why was he driving on a suspended license? He lost his privilege when his license was taken away by the state. The most important thing is that the Law enforcement Officer was not injured.
Trooper

United States

#17 Dec 18, 2013
tootles wrote:
The state police academy IS in Richmond, however you have to be 21. If he had a suspended he probably couldn't get in.
The "state police academy (KSP)" IS in Frankfort. Not in Richmond. It's always been in Frankfort. Now it's beside the jail. The police academy is in Richmond for city police, sheriff's deputies, fish and wildlife, and for ABC.
really

Toledo, OH

#18 Dec 18, 2013
I don't know this young man, but Who really cares, just pray for this young man that he has a full recovery and thankful that no one else was injured. Bad choices were made on his part, just as everyone else has made bad choices, especially at that young age. Think of some of your choices at that age. The majority of you can honestly say that you are lucky that nothing ever happened to you because of your stupid choices. I hear it way too much from adults. If he pulls through, more than likely this will change his life.
DNA

United States

#19 Dec 18, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to be better than playing video games all day ?
Agreed.
just saying

Atlanta, GA

#20 Dec 18, 2013
This is just another example of why alcohol should be illegal if weed is, alcohol is way more dangerous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasureville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So i finally want the truth. Ive always know I ... 9 min The right 6
Construction in Bellepoint 11 min hmm 2
cats lose 36 min just wondering 6
Linda Rogers Rayborn Shram 39 min Kendra 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min Strel 161,080
Dannica Willard/ Stewart 52 min Ashley 3
Female looking for Female (May '16) 53 min Any Updates 103

Pleasureville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pleasureville Mortgages