Former Lynryd Skynyrd Drummer Artimus Pyle's Bio

Sep 13, 2007 Full story: WKLU-FM Brownsburg 95

Many called him the "Wild Man" of the rock group Lynyrd Skynyrd, but Artimus Pyle started out more as a "Country Man." Thomas Delmar Pyle was born on in Louisville, KY. via WKLU-FM Brownsburg

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Concerned

London, KY

#83 Aug 7, 2010
schiller2 wrote:
<quoted text>and pooh bah is a pussy, who plays both sides, go one way or another, i would asume most people are uneducated on this site, and party to much, i myself used to be very interested in the art of music, so pooh bah i would be interested if u have a real job, or u r just some idiot who likes to bash people and whine about what might or might not have happened, myself, i like to comment to haters, because it deserves a neg. response back. hope u r have a great day
WTF
Big Money Mike

Newark, OH

#84 Aug 29, 2010
rob maspeth wrote:
<quoted text>ooooooh big man talking crap behind a computer desk would`nt have the balls to say it to their faces.
who you be talkin' bout.the skynyrds people?they all be a bunch of 60 year old crackers.too bad they all didn't die in that plane crash.
Almost Heaven

Poca, WV

#85 Aug 29, 2010
Hey Big Money, you need to eat shi*, die, rot, and go straight to HELL!
sabertoothe

Circleville, OH

#86 Aug 30, 2010
big money mike is a 5'ft 3 inch 260 lb dude who looks like the little dude fron fantasy island and is considered the local drunk of the covington neighborhood who recently was jailed for buying underage kids alchol.
pathetic

Chicago, IL

#87 Sep 5, 2010
I try to read all the comments simply to learn a little about the band. I'm beside myself with the lack of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. POOBAH goes apeshit when Skynyrd is spelled wrong...but can't spell any other words correctly. His claim of being a former or current DJ is suspect...I can't imagine any serious broadcasting corporation hiring this guy. The info he provides is usually available from a number of online sources. And, his name dropping is silly.
heave5

Berthoud, CO

#90 May 6, 2012
thats cuz your an idiot read the police report i have 5 girls i know how you feel ,the news isnt always correct
bjflink

United States

#91 Oct 11, 2012
PYLES Daughter wrote:
my name is kelly pyle. you people have no idea! my dad ARTIMUS PYLE is NOT a child molester, i hang out with him very offten, if he "molested" me i would not speak to him. he was falsely accussed by my very sick mother. he was on tour with skynyrd when he was accused. you should know the FACTs before you write about things you dont know.
Bravo, Kelly. People are sure quick to accuse but very slow and ignorant to gather the real facts. I heard him on the Howard Stern Show back some years ago and he sure sounded sincere. Having a Son that has had a really hard time with his ex-wife I sure see how these things can happen. From the moment I heard these charges I guessed that what you say happened seemed plausible.
decent woman

Cincinnati, OH

#92 Oct 14, 2012
That bum pyle needs a decent haircut.
MEEMSIE

Shelby, OH

#93 Dec 7, 2012
decent woman wrote:
That bum pyle needs a decent haircut.
What "decent woman" judges people based on their haircut? It seems to me your name should be "dipshit woman".
heybiatch

Nashville, TN

#95 Jan 31, 2013
decent woman wrote:
That bum pyle needs a decent haircut.
You need to wash yourass
you man hater
heybiatch

Nashville, TN

#96 Jan 31, 2013
poobah wrote:
ok then what about in 1993 with the other two girls in jax.beach the sexual battery charge he pleaded out to.the 8 yrs probation.them girls were ages 4 and 8.let's chat on that matter kelly. i have interviewed your dad(claiming your her)he was always willng and able i loved having you dad at the stations i worked at he was funny and we had fun on radio interviews.he's a great guy's people just wish to know about that charge also.your "dad" was released from skynyrd in 1991.
youjusthatemenyoubitchgowashyo urnastyassandamybesomeonewilln oticeyou
decent woman

Florence, KY

#97 Jul 14, 2013
Artimus needs to get a haircut and a REAL job. Nobody cares that he USED to be somebody.
Fan

Greer, SC

#98 Jul 16, 2013
Tom wrote:
Artimus is a loser,everybody is tired of him crying like a newborn bit#ch,I'm glad skynyrd fired his dumbazzzz!
he was not fired he left because of drug use by the band that calls themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd.
APBFAN74

Denver, NC

#99 Nov 26, 2013
I know for a fact that he ran out of money to fight those charges and wanted to get on with his life. He is the most gracious man around children and totally legit. It is sad that folks do not get the full truth. In truth, his ex wanted to get back at hime - this is how she did it. It happens every day, especially if someone is famous. I had him around my child for a show, and he was amazing. TOTALLY LOVE ARTIMUS PYLE BAND.
APBFAN74

Denver, NC

#100 Nov 26, 2013
april renee wrote:
Skynyrd isn't Skynyrd anymore! Atri will always be Arti. Hundred bucks! Ha! I don't think so, or I'd do it, with my last little homeless 100 bux. The band is DAMN good, and I'd never pay to see the bloodsuckers and the posers again, even tho they were the band I'd most seen live ever. Those days are gone. ARB, up close and personal, maybe I'm old, but that thrilled the sh*t out of my sister and I and everyone watching. Arti is no loser. In the end, he comes out better, and happier. Watch.
If you don't give a shit, why bother to comment? Move along now...scoot scoot
I saw Lynard Skynard live before the crash. I also had APB play a show for me. There were kids everywhere, as it was outside. They loved him. He was so kind and did NOT even look as though he had ONE THOUGHT of doing anything to any child. Truth is, you can never know what actually led to those accusations unless you were there when they supposedly happened. I had no problems with him being around my son and would not again. Some of APB members have children, girls and boys, and I know for a fact that one of those members would never be around anybody he thought actually did those things. I trust his judgment, as he knows Artimus extremely well. In essence, I am agreeing with you. I have no sympathy for child molesters. I do not believe he is one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasure Ridge Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is every man in westpoint over 40 ugly as hell 1 hr Gomer 2
murderer Josh Young 11 hr Disgusted 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 13 hr The RECKONING 499
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 18 hr chucky 68
Review: Speedi Hot Lunch Service LLC 19 hr Perry Winkle 1
dawn gee (Jan '13) 19 hr abelld 12
Mcconnell or grimes 19 hr Tony 33

Pleasure Ridge Park Jobs

Pleasure Ridge Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pleasure Ridge Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pleasure Ridge Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]