Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,730

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88334 Apr 6, 2013
Just watching the birds eat up those seeds. Lots of varieties out there. I wish the black birds would stop being such bullies.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88336 Apr 6, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just watching the birds eat up those seeds. Lots of varieties out there. I wish the black birds would stop being such bullies.
Please send a signal to the birds at my place that you have seeds. I am infested with birds. I love 'em, but enough is enough. How have you been sleeping lately. I stayed up half the night and woke up early. Tried to take a nap this afternoon, and nope, nothing, still wide awake but exhausted..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88338 Apr 6, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Please send a signal to the birds at my place that you have seeds. I am infested with birds. I love 'em, but enough is enough. How have you been sleeping lately. I stayed up half the night and woke up early. Tried to take a nap this afternoon, and nope, nothing, still wide awake but exhausted..
Well, I would do some sort of smoke signals, but I'm afraid they wouldn't see it. Sleep is NOT my friend. I have been working 6am to 3pm, and so I was getting up at 4am. So sleeping from 2am to 4am. Just tired. Now I will go back to 8am to 7pm, maybe I can sleep later. I dunno.
just saying

Ashland, KY

#88340 Apr 6, 2013
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
???
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88341 Apr 7, 2013
Not much to read while the dog is out. Maybe he will make a quick trip to the tree. LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88342 Apr 7, 2013
Ah a beautiful morning. What to do with myself? Oh yes...work. Have a good day ya'll.
outside

Evansville, IN

#88343 Apr 7, 2013
I wish this would go away
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88344 Apr 7, 2013
Morning walk finished. Enjoyed the warm breeze and the wild geese as well as all of the other fowl. Well, there are about eight chemtrails this morning. Twice as many as yesterday:( Looks like today's weather will be better than yesterday. Daughter and I enjoyed the video of twin colts yesterday,AB. The one appeared so aristocratic with his or her little ears perked. Lol. Their intelligence is something else. Well, to All a blissful day and to those who are ill blessings be with you for recovery and happiness. Good day:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88345 Apr 7, 2013
To remove vines take shears or a sharp scythe and cut them, then pull out by the roots by using a shovel or tiller, then spray with a soapy detergent remnants of roots. Vines cannot be destroyed by just pulling them from the top of the ground; their root system needs to be nonfunctional.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88347 Apr 7, 2013
If the wildlife are dying, that might mean that there is pollution in the air. It might not be safe for humans, either, and should be tested.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88349 Apr 7, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I would do some sort of smoke signals, but I'm afraid they wouldn't see it. Sleep is NOT my friend. I have been working 6am to 3pm, and so I was getting up at 4am. So sleeping from 2am to 4am. Just tired. Now I will go back to 8am to 7pm, maybe I can sleep later. I dunno.
Why don't you go to the doctor to discuss this. I have insomnia so bad that I can literally stay awake with only 2-3 hours sleep total. This might go on for weeks until I finally crash and sleep on and off for a day or two. This was very disruptive when I was working, and now that I have the little guy to raise, I can't do this and parent effectively. So off to the doc. I went. Tried Ambien....stay away from that one. Nightmares, bizarre dreams and sleepwalking. Tried OTC sleep aids..no dice. Finally, the doc tried Ativan 1 milligram (low dose. It keeps me sleeping for 4 or 5 hours a night. Not optimal, but acceptable. I will never use all of my prescription.....don't want more pills. But when insomnia gets bad and stays awhile, it's dangerous, because you can fall asleep driving. So I take Ativan for about a month... get my 4-5 hours a night, and reset my sleep cycle. And then I'm ok for awhile. Its not the best solution, but it does help some. I really feel bad for you. I honestly know how you feel, and it is not pleasant.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88351 Apr 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go to the doctor to discuss this. I have insomnia so bad that I can literally stay awake with only 2-3 hours sleep total. This might go on for weeks until I finally crash and sleep on and off for a day or two. This was very disruptive when I was working, and now that I have the little guy to raise, I can't do this and parent effectively. So off to the doc. I went. Tried Ambien....stay away from that one. Nightmares, bizarre dreams and sleepwalking. Tried OTC sleep aids..no dice. Finally, the doc tried Ativan 1 milligram (low dose. It keeps me sleeping for 4 or 5 hours a night. Not optimal, but acceptable. I will never use all of my prescription.....don't want more pills. But when insomnia gets bad and stays awhile, it's dangerous, because you can fall asleep driving. So I take Ativan for about a month... get my 4-5 hours a night, and reset my sleep cycle. And then I'm ok for awhile. Its not the best solution, but it does help some. I really feel bad for you. I honestly know how you feel, and it is not pleasant.
Oh this isn't a new thing. I have had this since I was 16 years old. I've tried every pill they could throw at me, OTC meds, and sleep treatments, nothing...I have never actually had that issue with falling asleep when I drive. If I know I am sleepy, I just won't drive. Once I get too tired, I will sleep, jus not often.
It was another wonderful day!!
Anne

United States

#88352 Apr 7, 2013
Hello everyone! Missed being here...computer problems!

When sleeps eludes me I just pop a Tylenol pm. Thankfully that's all I need and if I stay away from the caffeine then I generally don't need that.

Got my new bird feeders out! It took a couple of days for the birds to show up but now? I need to own a sunflower seed factory! Lol. Wild canaries(?) doves, one flicker. Cardinals. However they dont seem to go for walmart value bird feed.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88353 Apr 7, 2013
Sybil...
Interesting site. NK government all over it.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/north-korea/...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88354 Apr 7, 2013
Hey bird threaders, HI IMPOSTER, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did. I am so ready for the garden, flowers, and roses work to begin.

For lala and those who enjoy these Godvine videos:

Dog Does the Cutest Thing to Show He Doesn't Like His Treat

When this dog is offered a treat, he didn't expect a piece of shrimp... and he has the best reaction! His dismissal of this treat is the cutest thing ever, what a little goof.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Does-the-Cutest-Th...

Smart Cat Does Something Awesome to Get Away From a Dog

See what this super smart cat does when a dog is chasing him... you'll never believe what he thinks to do to get away! Some say cats rule and dogs drool, but we think ALL of God's creatures are wonderful!

http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Cat-Does-Somethi...

Farmer & Dog Rescue Sheep Buried Alive Under Snow for 3 Days

A Welsh farmer named Gareth Wyn Jones and his trusty dog find and rescue his herd of sheep that were buried under snow for THREE whole days! A terrible blizzard trapped the poor things, but this farmer was dedicated to rescuing his animals, he has true respect for God's creatures.

http://www.godvine.com/Farmer-Dog-Rescue-Shee...

Stretching Kitten Might Just Be the Cutest Thing Ever
We posted this same kitty before, but now he's back and twice as cute as ever! If this doesn't put a smile on your face, then nothing will. God's creatures are simply awesome.=)

http://www.godvine.com/Stretching-Kitten-Migh...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88355 Apr 7, 2013
FOR THE BIRDS:

Raptor Resource Project
~ Videos of The Decorah Eagles From Yesterday, April 6th ~

(Click on picture to enlarge it, and click on the words "see more" to expand this post). There are three videos from yesterday, April 6th, in this post. Screen capture shows Mom feeding all three eaglets. Many thanks to Jim!

http://youtu.be/TCus9TVzy7k
04/06 (Hello-goodbye) 4:40pm CT - Mom is on the nest, and we see Dad land to check on his family. It's a quick "hello-goodbye" and Dad's off again.

http://youtu.be/Ne_ZP32ZP-A
04/06 (Shaking off the rain and 'The Bottomless Pit' and siblings have supper) 5:00pm CT - Mom gets off the nest bowl and shakes off the rain. Mom spends a long time patiently feeding the tall "bottomless pit" (D15) and also feeds its siblings. At about 11:50 into the video, D15 begins to demonstrate some sibling rivalry to one, while the other continues to get fed. Mom finishes feeding and quickly gets D15 under control as she shimmys over all of them to tuck them in.

http://youtu.be/vRtiGBB2b5I
04/06 (Mom and Dad both feed the family) 5:45pm CT - Mom is on the nest and Dad lands with a fish. Mom gets up and we see an instant pop-up from D15 as Mom goes over to bicker about dinner with Dad. D15 demonstrates a brief head-bonk to a sibling, and then both Mom and Dad do some feeding. Mom takes off, and Dad continues to feed for a bit. Then as Dad gets ready to nest sit, D15 seems to object so Dad uses patience as the eaglets fidget around in the nest bowl, then he carefully tucks all of them in underneath him.

Love to watch these Eagles.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88356 Apr 7, 2013
FOR BELIE:

H.A.A.R.P Technology Fully Explained
Friday, April 5, 2013 15:35

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Built by BAE Advanced Technologies (BAEAT), its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance. Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993 and the current working IRI was completed in 2007. The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high-power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. H.A.A.R.P is the largest ionospheric heater in the world. Capable of heating a 1000 square kilometer area of the ionosphere to over 50,000 degrees. Using HAARP, the military can focus a billion-watt pulsed radio beam into our upper atmosphere, ostensibly for ionospheric research. This procedure will form extremely low frequency waves and send them back to the Earth, enhancing communications with submarines and allowing us to see into the Earth, detecting anything from oil reserves to underground missile silos.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/04/...

Lots of videos (History Channel) and more discussion on the site. Also at
Source: http://worldtruth.tv/h-a-a-r-p-technology-ful...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88357 Apr 7, 2013
Enjoy, they are just too cute.

This week in cute: 9 adorable zoo babies that made news

Somewhere on the planet we know there are things snugglier and sweeter than these tiny newborn zoo babies. It's just hard to think those things could be.(A tiny infant cuddling with a newborn fawn, maybe? The little wet nose of Bambi himself?) Whatever the case, these baby animals made headlines this week, giving even the cutest of cute a run for their money. Now that the weekend is here, you can sit back and enjoy looking at these adorable animals. Then pass it on to someone you know who needs more cute in their life.

http://now.msn.com/cute-baby-animals-a-galler...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88358 Apr 7, 2013
Hope everyone has a great week. Take care.

P.S. They have chemsprayed all weekend long in this area.

Goodnight!
Chess

Logan, WV

#88359 Apr 7, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Sybil...
Interesting site. NK government all over it.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/north-korea/...
what our mainstream media is not talking about is why NK is making these threats. The real truth is that they want the American military bases out of South Korea. It is actually China that is behind North Korea as they want to reunify North and South Korea under their wing with the US out of South Korea. A war with North Korea is actually a war with China and Russia will take their side if this leads to World War III. This will not be good for US/NATO.
The underlying reason for the China-US confrontation is because China, along with the other BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) are looking to replace the dollar with a new world currency and hence end western hegemony. This is the real reason why we are once again at the brink of yet another war. When the power of the dollar and the central banks are challenged, war is the result. This is why Libya and Iraq were invaded (it had nothing to do with terrorists) and also why Iran is being targetted (it has nothing to do with nuclear weapons). The media always paints our enemies as the bad guys and we are being threatened only so they can get soldiers to enlist and fight the wars for the central bankers. It's really all about money, power, and global control, so don't be deceived. The North Koreans aren't the bad guys, they are just doing China's bidding on the global chessboard, like a pawn checking the king to see what his next move will be. China and Russia are testing the US/NATO and I think this time the US has no choice but to assume a defensive posture this time. Our military has been spread too thin in the Middle East and is worn out over a prolonged war in Iraq and Afghanistan and now potentially more deployment engaging with Syria and Iran. China and Russia know we are weak now which is why they have put out North Korea as a pawn to threaten the king. Don't you think it's interesting that our media does not report on what China and Russia is saying about this? They are the big dogs in this fight and they are being very quiet as they size up the US/NATO response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasure Ridge Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAS Chelsea R 21 min dld 4
KFC yum! center 28 min REDRAGE 42
Loserville Cardinals are about to be DESTROYED 35 min texmex 14
brittany and crystal jeffries (Mar '10) 5 hr ron 3
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 6 hr joeschmo 65
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 10 hr REDRAGE 9
Review: Tony's Laundry Basket 10 hr Sara 2
More from around the web

Pleasure Ridge Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE