Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,643)

Showing posts 72,841 - 72,860 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

happy dance wrote:
<quoted text>
Gems of Wisdom
8. Stop being hateful to every single visitor who drops by this thread with a comment or question you do not approve of.
9. Stop calling everybody out of your little circle "trolls" because as Una told you, you do not own this thread and everybody doesn't have to have your permission or approval to speak.
10. Crabbiness makes a person look like a bitter old hag.
Go back to your political thread and sling your crap WKY. You are still mad that Una wouldn't warm up to you and outted you out for the troll that you are. Most of those ignorant comments are you spinning your location just like you did when Una was here. The only bitter old hag that is here is you.
Birdie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

happy dance wrote:
<quoted text>
Gems of Wisdom
8. Stop being hateful to every single visitor who drops by this thread with a comment or question you do not approve of.
9. Stop calling everybody out of your little circle "trolls" because as Una told you, you do not own this thread and everybody doesn't have to have your permission or approval to speak.
10. Crabbiness makes a person look like a bitter old hag.
Nailed it! The response proves so.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Birdie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it! The response proves so.
Nailed it....now try your AOL spin to post somemore useless comments or trash AW like you have been doing with your sick little attempts at poems. Una had you pegged right from the beginning. You are not fooling anyone. I nailed it calling you a troll, because that is what you are. Now buzz off.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Earthquakes shake central Japan

Tokyo (CNN)-- A magnitude 5.7 earthquake rattled central Japan on Monday afternoon, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. A second quake -- magnitude 4.6 quake -- struck about 11 minutes later.

The Japan Meteorological Agency said no tsunami alert has been issued.

The quake, which took place at 4:24 p.m. local time, was centered about 143 kilometers (89 miles) north-northwest of Tokyo at a depth of 9.9 kilometers (6.2 miles), according to the USGS.
CNN's Tokyo bureau felt a "slight shake" from the temblor.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/world/asia/japa...

Japan had several as well as China and New Zealand.

Monday, 25th February 2013
China
Magnitude: 5.2

New Zealand
Magnitude: 5.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Louisville's own....should have worn a sleek dress that wasn't bigger than she was and maybe she wouldn't have tripped going up the steps to get her award. She has a good sense of humor though. Up and rising star from KENTUCKY.

Jennifer Lawrence wins Best Actress Oscar for "Silver Linings"

LOUISVILLE, Ky.— The Academy awarded her best actress and she's from right here in Louisville.

Jennifer Lawrence, 22, took home the coveted award Sunday night for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook."

Lawrence spent two seasons with Walden Theater when she was just 14, before moving to New York City, where she was discovered.

On Sunday night, Lawrence received a standing ovation when she accepted the award, but the star joked that it was only because she tripped up the steps on her way to the stage.

Lawrence became the second youngest actress to ever take home the award for best actress.
She also won the Golden Globe for best actress last month for her role in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."

Lawrence attended Kammerer Middle School.
She's known to millions across the world as Katniss Everdeen -- the heroine of the movie series "Hunger Games."

“She was a pretty intuitive actress and she did command a lot of focus on the stage. She did sort of have a natural instinct for drawing focus, which is something that you don't really--you can teach it but it takes a long time,” said Walden Theater artistic director Charlie Sexton.

It's not the first time Lawrence has been nominated for an Academy Award. She received a nod back in 2010 for her role in the independent film "Winter's Bone."

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/entertainment/Louisv...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

When I clicked on local news channel to see the above news they had a small reference to that murder I told you about a couple days ago at Fort Knox. Apparently, he shot her, then himself while their two small children were present. Really sad.

Army releases names of husband, wife fatally shot
Authorities say domestic dispute may have led to gunfire
FORT KNOX, Ky.—The U.S. Army released the names Saturday of a husband and his wife found shot at Fort Knox.
Spc. Christopher Meeks was dead when police arrived, but officials said his wife, Krista, was being treated at the scene when she died.
Authorities said the attack appeared to be the result of a domestic dispute.
The couple's two children were in the residence at the time.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/louisvill...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

I'm feeding my birds this morning. What fat little Robins we have this year. I hope they make nests near me so I can see the fat little babies.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Well bird threaders I am off to a doctor's appt and enjoy the temps getting in the 50's today. Going to do lunch with my best friend and stop by sister's house on the way home. I hope all of you have a wonderful day, except the pest who insist on stirring the crap under different names and locations.

Enjoy the day, I will. lol
BlackHand

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

The skinwalker is only ONE spirit you released, the rest are much older, ancient souls. You cannot pray, you cannot live, NOTHING, can help you now. Even a Shaman cannot help you. ONLY a practitioner can stop this, and I, am not inclined. They seek all that was done to a KEEPER WHO FED THEM. You have awakened an evil as old as time itself. When the spring rains and storms come, the wind, will carry them, I see your storys, and tales, and you dont understand, Bath County executives.....THERE ARE MUCH WORSE THINGS THAN DEATH. But this, you will learn soon enough. YOU, are just DINNER. Even the birds are not safe. But YOU did this, welcome to the Spirit World
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know, everyone is allowed to speak, and you do not need to be a "member of the club" in order to do so. Some of us have been on this thread since it began, but all are welcome to speak or to initiate new topics. The only requisite is respect for others' opinions. Speaking for myself, I usually sign on with "good morning, everyone. Newcomers are always welcome, in order to make this a dynamic thread. If only a few posted, this thread would shrivel and die on the vine. Respectfully submitted, Lala.
just thought i'd take a second to thank you for your answer. i suppose some of the others don't like talking to strangers or whatever. just wanted to say that you're absolutely right. have a good day , and live , laugh , love . but mostly ; laugh !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

rapidfire ; WORK FOR FOOD !

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

<--- Checking in.
Everything in here seems to be okay and appears reasonably sane. And almost everyone is accounted for.

---> Logging out and going back to bed... Don't feel well again today. Something's gotta give around here pretty soon, I'm SO tired of feeling half way to dead every single day.

Chat later, taters.

_-_Nope_-_
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- Checking in.
Everything in here seems to be okay and appears reasonably sane. And almost everyone is accounted for.
---> Logging out and going back to bed... Don't feel well again today. Something's gotta give around here pretty soon, I'm SO tired of feeling half way to dead every single day.
Chat later, taters.
_-_Nope_-_
I can relate to that ! have alot of health issues myself. hate winter time these days. but all the same glad to be here. time change in 13 more days. sure looking forward to it. SPRINGTIME !it's all down hill from here. hope you get feeling better . i'm going out to feed / water my horses, and try to soak up some sunshine today before the rain sets in again tonight. hopefuly it will make ME feel a little better . have a nice nap !
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- Checking in.
Chat later, taters.
_-_Nope_-_
Fortunately, I do have pretty good health Nope. I realized last night how the stars were plenty and the moon lovely and full and that simply was contentment for me. It would be nice sometimes if getting a hot cup aromatic tea and walking around just to enjoy life would be so easy. At times it's not and for Folks with high risk medical issues, getting around is difficult. All you can do is hang in there Dear One, I do wish you ,Lala, AW & AB well. Especially you at this time. May the birdie quartet and the warm sun ease the aches in your bones. Give your heart more strength to carry on. Love and peace to you, health and contentment. My Blessings as always;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text>I can relate to that ! have alot of health issues myself. hate winter time these days. but all the same glad to be here. time change in 13 more days. sure looking forward to it. SPRINGTIME !it's all down hill from here. hope you get feeling better . i'm going out to feed / water my horses, and try to soak up some sunshine today before the rain sets in again tonight. hopefuly it will make ME feel a little better . have a nice nap !
You own horses as well. My daughter has been wanting a white horse for a year now. However, we live the city life unfortunately. Thanks for your rays of sunshine. Your aura speaks volumes as I feel with your opinions or statements. Nope is a great gal like the other posters as well. It's nice to have another bird to communicate with us ;) Enjoy the day!
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

I've been away for quite some time so I missed the part about when someone originally said Una passed away. I noticed a post under Una's handle in another thread because I thought this was some mistake.

I miss Una. He made me laugh a lot. I don't think he took this message board all that seriously. I think he enjoyed people and his antagonizing was just for fun.

If someone is using his handle, shame shame shame on them. They will never be able to live up to the great Una name brand he built. Una was a topix posting legend. He was a third of the Triple Threat along with Imposter and myself.

Una was a man of free speech and didn't cry foul towards others and report those who constantly reported himself and his friends. To me, this guy had a big heart. With that being said, thanks for the many wonderful memories, Una. You will be missed, my grand topix friend.

And speaking of Imposter, has anyone heard from him lately?

Thanks
say what

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

isn't it a pity

isn't it a shame ,

how we break each others hears
and call each other names
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Well, I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison,
and I went to pick her up in the rain,
but before I could get there in my pickup truck,
she got runned over by a damned ol' train!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

and you don't have to call me "Darlin", Darlin
You never even call me by my name
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
Well, I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison,
and I went to pick her up in the rain,
but before I could get there in my pickup truck,
she got runned over by a damned ol' train!
IF you'd been sober on that day, you would'nt have had to pay, so next time you drink in the rain, be sure and remember all of her pain !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,841 - 72,860 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pleasure Ridge Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pleasure Ridge Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance