Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2013
end the madness

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2013
An elementary school principal in the Denver suburbs told parents that white children would be excluded from an after-school tutoring initiative.
Andre C. Pearson, the principal at Mission Viejo Elementary in Aurora, Colorado sent letters home to parents informing them that only students of color are eligible for the program, KJCT, the local ABC affiliate, reports.
Some shocked parents have alleged discrimination and segregation, reports CBS Denver

I was infuriated,” one parent, Nicole Cox, told CBS Denver.“I didn’t understand why they would include or exclude certain groups.”

“We have come so far in all of these years to show everybody that everyone is equal, that everyone should be treated equally,” Cox added.

Cox is white. She has a 10-year-old daughter at the school, and she wants her daughter to have tutoring.

CBS Denver explains that Principal Pearson left Cox a voicemail before she could complain directly to the school (as other parents already had).

“This is Andre Pearson,” the voicemail said.“It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs
end the madness

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2013
and don't you just love the principals voice mail ,obviously ANDRE the principal is black as road tar ,if a white principal had said that ,he would be lookin for another job right now .

This is Andre Pearson,” the voicemail said.“It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs .

WOW well if we can find time for the whities we may fit them in .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasure Ridge Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Pete Helmkamp 1,317
Let's Play One Word Game,...!!! (Mar '13) 20 min Flynt 123
Orell Music Thread 34 min Musikologist 3
ann luckett dentist 56 min just me 20
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 1 hr ur wrong 12
Homicide detectives investigating shooting near... 2 hr LouisvilleReport 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr pusherman_ 81,595
•••
•••
•••