NYC Puerto Rican Parade draws 2 million

NYC Puerto Rican Parade draws 2 million

There are 133 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2008, titled NYC Puerto Rican Parade draws 2 million. In it, Newsday reports that:

Just being a spectator at the annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade was not enough for 52-year-old Jose Bonet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
yoyoy

United States

#158 Jun 10, 2008
ANgerEDoNE wrote:
<quoted text>
actually
I know
this by fact,
from the way your flag
looks and how you guys speak
weird spanish accent
a mexican...lol

Since: Nov 07

United States

#159 Jun 10, 2008
ANgerEDoNE wrote:
<quoted text>
actually
I know
this by fact,
from the way your flag
looks and how you guys speak
weird spanish accent
And "who" are you to talk? LOL.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#160 Jun 10, 2008
yoyoy wrote:
<quoted text>
should trash white americans be thrown out too?
The dude lives on the island. I'm sure his neighbors have no idea of all the crap he says....
TXBoricua

Abilene, TX

#161 Jun 10, 2008
Yoyoy,

Not all Mexicans are bad and or in anyway bad mouth us. Heck my spouse is Mexican!

U_S_Mail

“Non compos mentis”

Since: Feb 08

Roma

#163 Jun 15, 2008
omegaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick, they day the US doesn't need bases in the caribbean is the day that they allow the Puerto Ricans to be independent.
Omega, I remember when there were over a dozen US military installations in Puerto Rico, i.e., Roosevelt Roads (Ceiba), Camp Garcia (Vieques), Ramey (Aguadilla), Naval Communications Station (Sabana Seca), Ft. Buchanan (Guaynabo), Camp Tortuguero (Vega Baja), El Morro (San Juan), Ft. Allen (Ponce), and a host of garrisons across the island. With the exception of Buchanan, all other installations have been closed and dismantled. Ft. Buchanan has been reduced to a small reserve training center and large portions of the old base have been returned to public use. Yet, I see no progress in Capitol Hill to decide Puerto Rico’s political status.

U_S_Mail

“Non compos mentis”

Roma

#164 Jun 15, 2008
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Irish Parade" celebrates a holiday though, not just a culture. Plus, all the americans with irish heritage have fully assimilated into society. We fly the american flag first.
Me think the “Irish Parade” celebrates a culture. And yes, it also celebrates a national holiday – albeit, it’s Ireland’s (not the U.S.) national holiday.
The “Irish Parade” is about being Irish. It’s a rendering of a proud heritage.
It’s about green & orange colors, shamrocks & leprechauns, bagpipes & men in kilts for as far as eyes can see up Fifth Ave.
It’s loud..! It’s colorful..!
Everyone becomes Irish for a day.
I love it..!
Pass me the green beer..!
Erin go brea!

Since: Jun 08

Puerto Rico

#165 Jun 15, 2008
TXBoricua wrote:
Yerba Buena,
I read somewhere that the Cuban flag was inspired by the American flag and that Narciso Lopez came up with the design of it while living in New York. In some accounts writers claim that Lopez wanted Cuba to become a state after breaking away from Spain and probably turn it into a Slave state of the union since he believed in the institution of slavery. In essence the Puerto Rican flag is designed based on the U.S. since it is an inverted Cuban flag.
What references are you using for this information?

U_S_Mail

“Non compos mentis”

Roma

#166 Jun 15, 2008
Search for Narciso Lopez in wikipedia.
BoricuadePuraSep a

San Antonio, TX

#167 Jun 15, 2008
Narciso Lopez can be typed in Yahoo or Googled. Wikipedia also has some information on the creator of the Cuba Flag.
TXBoricua

Abilene, TX

#168 Jun 15, 2008
Yerba Buena wrote:
<quoted text>
What references are you using for this information?
I read it years ago, but you can research it online. Wikipedia, books you can order online and many Cuba orientated webpages.
Veteran

Gilbert, AZ

#169 Jun 26, 2008
I hope these same people at this parade show the same respect on the 4th of July

These people? Americans my friend.the 4th of July is celebrated in Puerto Rico. For the uneducated, Puerto Rico is U.S soil along with the inhabitants. God Bless America and Puerto Rico.
Veteran

Gilbert, AZ

#170 Jun 26, 2008
For what? Was you attending the PR parade today? No right, so why would they have to pay respect on the 4th of July? Oh an American holiday.. Ok? People take the word patriot and blow it out of proportion.. Just because you have a few BBQ's and get togethers for memorial day, 4th of July, and labor day doesn't make you a patriot.. So shut up until you have something smarter to say.
Veteran

Gilbert, AZ

#171 Jun 26, 2008
the 4th of July is celebrated in Puerto Rico. For the uneducated, Puerto Rico is U.S soil along with the inhabitants. God Bless America and Puerto Rico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warlocks mc (Sep '07) May 14 Chip 343
News Guess where it's worst to be poor in New Jersey... May 9 Sonny Clearspirit 1
Mar '18 Dr kiwi 1
plottmaster the lost Feb '18 Big Bruser 1
News Father fights to stay with family during deport... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Wildchild 2
Village ShopRite taking over Pleasantville Path... (Feb '12) Apr '16 VanQuasha 20
News Man dies after being shot in Pleasantville, aut... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Yolanda 1

Pleasantville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pleasantville Mortgages