Egg Harbor GENUARDI'S sold to WHOLE F...

Egg Harbor GENUARDI'S sold to WHOLE FOODS

Posted in the Pleasantville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rick Herring

Wayne, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2012
To rip off the wealthy. SHOPRITE is BETTER!!
john

Staten Island, NY

#2 Jan 12, 2012
are we getting a whole foods???? i hope so!!!! hooray!!!!!!!
John Leighton

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 27, 2012
I have a hard time believing that the Egg Harbor Genuardi location will become a Whole Foods. I don't think the demographics would support it. I think a more likely store would be ShopRite, Stop & Shop or maybe Acme. As for Barnegat, I would expect a Stop & Shop or a ShopRite.
Joe i work there

Reading, PA

#4 Mar 8, 2012
My name is joe i am an employee at genuardis for six years in eht nj. We are not closeing ! We are up for sale with no bidders giant , whole foods both have backed out of the bidding for our store. We will remain open intill we our sold but we have hope. We beleve that safeway our owners will keep the remaining stores and just turn them either into a safeway ( the power house shopping center in cali.) or keep us good old genuardis
Jeff Metzger

Wayne, PA

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Bottom Dollar might use about half of your footprint, if former Genuardi refugee, Don Ciotti has his way.
Jerry25

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2012
I remember when Genuardi's first opened up. It was basicly, an invitational basis. They had violen players, etc.and the hoy polly, or so they think they are, were prancing around the aisles, picking up their filet cuts of beef, salmon, etc. The old store as created, was sold and became a lesser quality, higher in price, store.

Why is it that these local food chain stores flop?

You need not go any further than Somers Point were the same chains have been in operation, for years!

Any remember Super Fresh? Another store down the rat hole.

It will get to the point in the not too distant future, that you are going to be foreced to have to waste the extra gas, travel twice as far, just to eat?

So how come nobody in our County's "leadership" dragoons can get off of their but and get to the bottom of this crap?!?

If I live long enough, maybe I'll have to go to Philly just to get a couple of cans of cat food and food for myself! Hello!!!!
Sherry W

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#7 Oct 4, 2012
John Leighton wrote:
I have a hard time believing that the Egg Harbor Genuardi location will become a Whole Foods. I don't think the demographics would support it. I think a more likely store would be ShopRite, Stop & Shop or maybe Acme. As for Barnegat, I would expect a Stop & Shop or a ShopRite.
Why wouldnt 'demographics' support it?? Do the people of Egg Harbor Township not make enough money to be able to shop at a Whole Foods? Really?? Are you not aware of the store Bonterra that is right across the street from Genuardi's? Have you ever been in there and see the OUTRAGEOUS prices they charge? Have you ever noticed how that store is ALWAYS packed because there really is no other store like that around here in terms of heatlh food.
If Whole Foods opened up, it would be huge, and would blow Bonterra out of the water. People down here are just WAITING for something like WF to open as an option to Acme, SuperFresh, etc....
The 'demographics' most certainly would support it!
JOSH

United States

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Jerry25 wrote:
I remember when Genuardi's first opened up. It was basicly, an invitational basis. They had violen players, etc.and the hoy polly, or so they think they are, were prancing around the aisles, picking up their filet cuts of beef, salmon, etc. The old store as created, was sold and became a lesser quality, higher in price, store.
Why is it that these local food chain stores flop?
You need not go any further than Somers Point were the same chains have been in operation, for years!
Any remember Super Fresh? Another store down the rat hole.
It will get to the point in the not too distant future, that you are going to be foreced to have to waste the extra gas, travel twice as far, just to eat?
So how come nobody in our County's "leadership" dragoons can get off of their but and get to the bottom of this crap?!?
If I live long enough, maybe I'll have to go to Philly just to get a couple of cans of cat food and food for myself! Hello!!!!
I agree with everything you said! I, too, remember what I called Stupid Fresh. They could NEVER put correct prices on items to the point that they would give you the item, FREE, if it was marked incorrectly. I do not remember how many times, after reviewing my receipt, I had to go back to customer service and bitch them out for a yet, incorrectly priced item. Big waste of time! In my opinion, these stores are just playing the public for what they can get out of them, fold and then lay off their workers. Nice, huh?
john

Staten Island, NY

#9 Oct 6, 2012
i totally agree with you sherry!!! i live in NYC, but i spend lots of time in your area since i grew up there and my family is still there. we have a whole foods here in NYC, and the prices are not that bad! they have sales and specials all the time. the food is amazing quality!! when i'm in south jersey, i shop at the somers point shop rite, which is a real challenge, although it's gotten better. at whole foods, everything in the store is healthy. at shop rite, you really have to look hard for the good stuff. i believe that people want to eat healthy, and i'm sure that there are plenty of people who would love to shop at whole foods in the area - the demographics in the area would support a whole foods!!!
Robin R

Absecon, NJ

#10 Feb 20, 2013
I'm so excited, I love that store
Josh

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2013
Robin R wrote:
I'm so excited, I love that store
Pssst, hey Robin, did you happen to notice that the post that got you so fired up was back on October 6th, LAST YEAR!!! And the store closed its doors in December, 2012 and have remained closed to date! Hope you find a supermarket,real soon, so that you can go buy yourself some coffee!!!
DPP

Farmingdale, NY

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Rick Herring wrote:
To rip off the wealthy. SHOPRITE is BETTER!!
ShopRite has terrible produce, limited brands, little organic foods, and mediocre service. What in gods name are you talking about with your ridiculous support of ShopRite? I'm so excited for Whole Foods but disappointed for Bontera Market across the street.
Courtenay

Anderson, IN

#13 Apr 20, 2013
Sherry W wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldnt 'demographics' support it?? Do the people of Egg Harbor Township not make enough money to be able to shop at a Whole Foods? Really?? Are you not aware of the store Bonterra that is right across the street from Genuardi's? Have you ever been in there and see the OUTRAGEOUS prices they charge? Have you ever noticed how that store is ALWAYS packed because there really is no other store like that around here in terms of heatlh food.
If Whole Foods opened up, it would be huge, and would blow Bonterra out of the water. People down here are just WAITING for something like WF to open as an option to Acme, SuperFresh, etc....
Go to Whole Foods website. Find Stores in Development link and request Whole Foods come to EHT!!!
Josh

United States

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Courtenay wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Whole Foods website. Find Stores in Development link and request Whole Foods come to EHT!!!
Hope this not another false alarm. I'm sick and tired of Shop Rite with their narrow aisles, rude stump jumpers that walk right into you, no excuse me, screaming kids. Acme? Nothing like getting ripped off at the register!
ErinV In EHT

Anderson, IN

#15 Apr 23, 2013
No one will take that space. There is still 9 years left on Genaurdi's lease. I admit, I did get very excited when I initially saw this post, then like a child without a gift on Christmas morning, I realized this thread was old. I believe a Whole Foods would do incredible in this area. I would be thrilled if I no longer had wait in the long and slow moving lines of Bontera, or get ripped off by Shop Rite for a gallon of organic milk.
B in EHT

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jun 15, 2013
It honestly makes perfect sense for a Whole Foods to come to this area and now that Genuardis is long gone the opportunity has presented itself.
So what if that area isn't the most prospering area, Whole Foods is healthy and there is nothing healthy around that would compare to that. Don't even try comparing Bonterra to Whole Foods because there is no comparison. There are people who live in EHT who have never even heard of Bonterra and don't get me started on the many negatives of that small store!
There is one thing that will NEVER go out of style and that is eating/living healthy. If that means paying a few bucks extra than I'm sure many people like myself wouldn't mind it a bit.
It's unfair to see the rest of NJ have all of these great stores and places to eat while we deal with the same old boring stores. A Whole Foods would be absolutely perfect and just what the area needs. I don't understand why the people who have the power to make this happen cannot see this.
B leht

North Vernon, IN

#17 Jun 24, 2013
Wegmans next
Mel

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 Jun 30, 2013
It's better
Hank

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Jun 30, 2013
Nothing is moving in that building. There is a lot of white trash and section 8 people in the area. Wholefoods or Wegmans will never open in EHT.
nita

Jenkintown, PA

#20 Aug 30, 2013
Sherry W wrote:
<quoted text>
I mist certainly agree let's put a petition together to make it happen whole foods. Yes yes yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Jersey Man Ends Fight Between Black Teens, ... Thu 16 TEEN SHOTS 14
Get Your Own Screen Name!!! Mar 18 Josh 3
Commission meeting 3/16 Mar 16 Lindamacyorky 1
Atlantic County Mar 16 Josh 1
News Cape May County bridges to add E-ZPass Mar 11 Josh 3
warlocks mc (Sep '07) Feb 25 Jay420 315
Review: AAA locksmith / Titan lock and key (Aug '12) Feb '17 Jerry Stonr 3

Pleasantville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance