Chief of police? Mayor!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Who What

Plattsburg, MO

#1 Jan 19, 2012
What is up with this town! 2nd mayor in 6 months, and Josh cared about the City! Why is Steve gone what's up! Tim, Jake and Tanner's plan I'm sure. This is why our town is dying! Hopefully on day Tim will get his, all the council, has to do is check his expenditures, and listen to the people! He gets paid and he's never at work, on vacation or sick! Oh wait the council won't check into it, they WORK for him! Yes they work for Tim not the people! The only two who worked for the town was Josh and Eldred, but now Eldred has no vote or authority! May God have mercy on our town. Do the math Chip, Steve, Josh......
Need I say more.
Ignorance must be bliss

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jan 19, 2012
Um... Chip is still employed and they listed why Steve was fired.
Show up and learn something instead of posting in ignorance.
Who What wrote:
What is up with this town! 2nd mayor in 6 months, and Josh cared about the City! Why is Steve gone what's up! Tim, Jake and Tanner's plan I'm sure. This is why our town is dying! Hopefully on day Tim will get his, all the council, has to do is check his expenditures, and listen to the people! He gets paid and he's never at work, on vacation or sick! Oh wait the council won't check into it, they WORK for him! Yes they work for Tim not the people! The only two who worked for the town was Josh and Eldred, but now Eldred has no vote or authority! May God have mercy on our town. Do the math Chip, Steve, Josh......
Need I say more.
Who What

Plattsburg, MO

#3 Jan 20, 2012
Never mentioned Chip, and I know why Seve's gone. I'm just pointing out the pattern, that has started with our town. It's only going to get worse!
Who What

Plattsburg, MO

#4 Jan 20, 2012
Sorry I did mention Chip, what I ment about him was look what they tried to do to him just a few months ago.
Terry2

Girard, KS

#5 Jan 20, 2012
It is indeed a sad day for this little town and its not just because Hwy 69 is bypassing it. Look who is running the town...the little dictator Tim and his hand picked cronies. You have a Pro-tem kid Mayor who gets drunk and tries to step in front of a train. The Police chief is fired for trying to save him. The Deputy is fired, then rehired. Council votes for $22,000 to put up Highway signs in hope to bring in tourists. A train honks through town every 20 minutes at 40 mph, but the streets are posted at 20mph. Even the cement works is closing. No jobs, No hope, just corruption. At least Dukes of Hazzard had Daisy May. We have Jenny Lowlife. Will the last one out sweep the streets?
Bliss

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Jan 20, 2012
Looked like there were reasons for the thing with him, but with more info and evidence, they decided not to fire him maybe? in my mind, the shows you have folks that will at least not got based off one person's opinion and try and gather more info.
Who What wrote:
Sorry I did mention Chip, what I ment about him was look what they tried to do to him just a few months ago.
Two noids walk into a bar

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jan 20, 2012
Is bypassing? More like "has bypassed."

"Hand picked cronies?" Oh yeah, TS has the power to rig elections... He also is responsible for global warming, toenail fungus, and that little skirmish in the Middle East. One person appointed for a vacant seat finished 3rd in the last election. Yeah, TS certainly had a hand in that. Good grief.

Better get an umbrella, T2.... the sky is falling.
Terry2 wrote:
It is indeed a sad day for this little town and its not just because Hwy 69 is bypassing it. Look who is running the town...the little dictator Tim and his hand picked cronies. You have a Pro-tem kid Mayor who gets drunk and tries to step in front of a train. The Police chief is fired for trying to save him. The Deputy is fired, then rehired. Council votes for $22,000 to put up Highway signs in hope to bring in tourists. A train honks through town every 20 minutes at 40 mph, but the streets are posted at 20mph. Even the cement works is closing. No jobs, No hope, just corruption. At least Dukes of Hazzard had Daisy May. We have Jenny Lowlife. Will the last one out sweep the streets?
gossip gossip

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2012
I love how people like to point fingers at Tim and the council and assume they have a clue what is going on. Josh resigned due to his job and not for any other "rumor" you may have heard. Maybe you should be a paper and see how the votes go or better yet attend a meeting and get the facts.
WHAT

Plattsburg, MO

#9 Jan 20, 2012
Bliss wrote:
Looked like there were reasons for the thing with him, but with more info and evidence, they decided not to fire him maybe? in my mind, the shows you have folks that will at least not got based off one person's opinion and try and gather more info.
<quoted text>
What??? This gave me a headache trying to read and understand. Follow the post we know about Chip, not what we are talking about.
WHATEVER

Plattsburg, MO

#10 Jan 20, 2012
Two noids walk into a bar wrote:
Is bypassing? More like "has bypassed."
"Hand picked cronies?" Oh yeah, TS has the power to rig elections... He also is responsible for global warming, toenail fungus, and that little skirmish in the Middle East. One person appointed for a vacant seat finished 3rd in the last election. Yeah, TS certainly had a hand in that. Good grief.
Better get an umbrella, T2.... the sky is falling.
<quoted text>
Try getting to know TS and the rest! If you were to just happen to hear TS on the city cell phone at the laundry mat, or Thriftway while on the Clock! You would know what I'm talking about. Like calling each council member and telling them to hang on a week or two after Bill Ewing resigned before Jake was to "SUGGEST/NOMINATE"
Jeff Waddell! Then call the others and tell them what was planned and to go with it, And I quote "don't worry about Eldred! He only has one vote, with you all on board it doesn't matter!"

Waddell knew one month Or more before his nomination at least! Before the was appointed!! Which is why he started showing up for the meetings. Ask Rosalee DeMott he wasn't there then one month before he was there!
Keep you promises

Plattsburg, MO

#11 Jan 20, 2012
gossip gossip wrote:
I love how people like to point fingers at Tim and the council and assume they have a clue what is going on. Josh resigned due to his job and not for any other "rumor" you may have heard. Maybe you should be a paper and see how the votes go or better yet attend a meeting and get the facts.
I do attend the meetings, and know know what goes on everyday, like Tim going to a conference for work and taking his girlfriend/soon to be wife and child with him on the city's dime. Then not showing up for the conference and " calling in sick" for two days after?
Hey Tim you should return favors, when they are given I have way more to say.
Sources

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jan 21, 2012
Demott is your best source? Really?? That twit can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone be reliable. She's the dingbat that pointed out that someone that worked for the city had expired tags on their car in a meeting and asked if that person had received a ticket while Demott was listed in the paper for delinquent property taxes for at least a month. Hello, Pot.... Kettle is calling.

I think you also left out the part where Waddell attended meetings up until June and started attending them again in July. Wow. Tremendous gap in attendance. Earth shattering. Stop the presses. Did anyone bother to ask him why he missed? Why he came back? Doubtful... Why look for facts when you can speculate? What difference would it make if he knew or didn't know about the appointment anyway? It does not change whether or not an appointment comes. In addition, it still had to be ratified by the council. I call BS on Rosalea and her motivation... She has some pretty sour grapes over not winning a seat during the last election and acts only on her own agenda.

Oh, since you are concerned about attendance.... Where has Rosalea been the last several meetings? She must be in cahoots with everyone too.

By the way, Jake couldn't suggest/nominate (or appoint) Waddell or anyone else. That is a mayoral duty.

You know, sometimes a cigar is nothing more than a cigar, Freud.
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Try getting to know TS and the rest! If you were to just happen to hear TS on the city cell phone at the laundry mat, or Thriftway while on the Clock! You would know what I'm talking about. Like calling each council member and telling them to hang on a week or two after Bill Ewing resigned before Jake was to "SUGGEST/NOMINATE"
Jeff Waddell! Then call the others and tell them what was planned and to go with it, And I quote "don't worry about Eldred! He only has one vote, with you all on board it doesn't matter!"
Waddell knew one month Or more before his nomination at least! Before the was appointed!! Which is why he started showing up for the meetings. Ask Rosalee DeMott he wasn't there then one month before he was there!
Freud

Brownsburg, IN

#13 Jan 21, 2012
who said my name?
Interested

Girard, KS

#14 Jan 21, 2012
I want to hear more about what is really going on. Please continue Keep Your Promises. If there is corruption going on, then it needs to stop.
little lady

Holton, KS

#15 Jan 22, 2012
Why is it that Pleasanton is in constant termoil? They keep the lazy people around,yet fire those who try to make Pleasanton a better place to live. You can look back in the last 20 years of Pleasanton, and just when you think things are starting to look up, then there is a turn over in the law enforcement or mayor. Do you get rid of the people when they know to much about what is going on that is shady?? I am surprised that you can find anyone who will work for Pleasanton, who wants a job that you always need to look over your shoulder. Its sad, Pleasanton could be a great bedroom community, but not with the constant problems. Sad, so sad.

Since: Jan 12

Girard, KS

#16 Jan 22, 2012
little lady wrote:
Why is it that Pleasanton is in constant termoil? They keep the lazy people around,yet fire those who try to make Pleasanton a better place to live. You can look back in the last 20 years of Pleasanton, and just when you think things are starting to look up, then there is a turn over in the law enforcement or mayor. Do you get rid of the people when they know to much about what is going on that is shady?? I am surprised that you can find anyone who will work for Pleasanton, who wants a job that you always need to look over your shoulder. Its sad, Pleasanton could be a great bedroom community, but not with the constant problems. Sad, so sad.

You hit the nail on the head there. Get rid of the honest hard workers and keep the corrupt and lazy. Someone better get to those council meetings and figure out where the root of the corruption begins. I think pleasanton is in trouble.
snowflake

Hume, MO

#17 Jan 22, 2012
Thats the best thing t5hat happened when they let steve go he could not even write a assident report up just ask them up at Louisburg where he only worked a little while and they fired him. We need someone that cares about the city . Not to get tim out of there we might be O.K.
FreudDeud

Gardner, KS

#18 Jan 23, 2012
Sources wrote:
You know, sometimes a cigar is nothing more than a cigar, Freud.
except when it's a blunt, I think a few people here have been indulging too much. heh "assident"
Shady

Brownsburg, IN

#19 Jan 23, 2012
really? steve is a fat lazy person who could never tell the truth.
whocares

West Mineral, KS

#20 Jan 23, 2012
give em enough rope and theyll hang themselves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
friend says LaCygne is a great place to live. (Feb '07) Feb '17 zac 20
Seth Daniels (Dec '16) Dec '16 Crazy 2
Texas south (Oct '16) Nov '16 Truth 3
Sleezy Jade (Nov '16) Nov '16 Lmfao 3
Great resume no jobs!! 😅 (Aug '16) Sep '16 CJS---- 2
Linn County commissioners All 3 (Apr '16) Aug '16 CJS---- 10
Officer Chip More (Jan '16) Jul '16 Anonymous 8

Pleasanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance