"Recall" Larry Hall Running Again

Posted in the Pleasanton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unbelievable

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2012
It is beyond me how Linn County's only recalled commissioner has the nerve to run for office again. His election to the District 2 seat would be a disaster! Thoughts?
913Krud

Fort Riley, KS

#2 Aug 22, 2012
Good for him. He got screwed just like Mr. Streeter did and now we pay the salary of the huge douche Doug Barlet.
Unbelievable

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2012
It takes a douche bag to know a douche bag dude. So I guess I will defer to your logic. You are the king of the douche bags.
913dud

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2012
Who the hell is this wannabe 913krud? Shut the hell up already or at the very least say something pertinent.
Truth Hurts

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2012
They did tripple Bartlets salary. I they they pay him like 80k a year.
laughingClown

Fort Riley, KS

#7 Aug 24, 2012
Why Clown on the 913KID? He's just speaking what he knows from where he lives and what he says he's heard and said..why go on him??????
Interested Reader

Overland Park, KS

#8 Aug 25, 2012
Bartlet actually makes about 55k a year not 80k which is public record. Also just as an interested party what has he done thats so bad I havent seen anything in the paper about any misconduct and when I have seen him around he seems like a nice enough guy. Not taking sides just wondering. Also just wondering what happens if Leonard gets reelected? Will she still be subject to a recall after the Centerville incident (I know right now she cant be recalled due to it being within 6 months of elections) or will that matter since it would of happened in a different term?
Allow Change

Olathe, KS

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Sometimes it's tough to allow things to take a different direction. Larry has the best interests at heart for the county, only most that have never spoken to the man only know of what they read in local media. Before you judge the man by his myth, discuss the issues with him and have a real debate. Learn for yourself, and then make an educated decision.

As a public official, they are your employee. You are entitled to learn their perspective when it comes to the issues and decide for yourself. Don't allow someone to tell you what to believe, that's worse than doing nothing. This isn't an endoresement, just a friendly reminder to not count out an opportunity to learn more about what may need to happen to improve your life and those lives around you.

I no longer live in the county, but I've closely followed the political issues. I can tell you first hand, that my experience is one of realizing a change in direction may not be all that bad for linn county. If you are not satisfied with your current political situation, take a look from perspective of someone else.

I wish the county good luck and hope the results are the ones that will help the county most.
No Larry

Bayonne, NJ

#10 Sep 1, 2012
He is waisting his time and money. We threw him out once we are NOT going to put him back in office. Its his hurt pride and damaged ego motivating him. Plus he is backing Dem. Walker. Its going to be a rough year for the Dems.
understood

United States

#11 Sep 2, 2012
Allow Change- I appreciate your comments and agree with most of them with your assessment of Mr. Hall being the exception. Hall is a detriment to our County. His ego and smug attitude are not conducive to promoting change. A Commissioners job is to lead by building bridges, promoting open dialogue and above all LISTENING to their constituents. I truly believe Hall is incapable of these things, not because he is evil but because his very personality won't allow for the chance. In short, Larry Hall is an ego driven bully and let's not forget he committed a crime/violation for which the voters of Linn County removed him from office.

Since: Jun 12

Spring Hill, KS

#12 Sep 2, 2012
Interested Reader wrote:
Bartlet actually makes about 55k a year not 80k which is public record. Also just as an interested party what has he done thats so bad I havent seen anything in the paper about any misconduct and when I have seen him around he seems like a nice enough guy. Not taking sides just wondering. Also just wondering what happens if Leonard gets reelected? Will she still be subject to a recall after the Centerville incident (I know right now she cant be recalled due to it being within 6 months of elections) or will that matter since it would of happened in a different term?
i agree with you about doug bartlet, what little bit i have been around doug he seems like a nice intelligent guy.

as far as larry hall i don't know what he got recalled for,(maybe someone can tell me) but if he did something bad enough to get recalled he probably doesn't stand much of a chance to get elected.
larry

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2012
Larry was recalled for conducting business outside of a meeting. He should of been recalled for being the worst Commissioner ever.
larry2

Walnut, KS

#14 Sep 10, 2012
same thing that leonard and pemberton did in centerville
sick of politics

Walnut, KS

#15 Sep 15, 2012
Leonard and Pemberton did do that in Centerville and tried to say they didn't. Got caught there. So why on God's green earth would any one want to put her or Larry Hall in office?
Linn County watch

Wellsville, KS

#16 Oct 24, 2012
Actually Leonard and Pemberton didn't do the same thing at all. Commissioner Page went to the wrong place and left Pemberton and Leonard in a bad position when the property owner asked them to look at the house they obliged her and looked at the house without considering that it would be considered a open meeting violation. Mr. Hall willfully and deceitfully conducted his repeated open meeting violations and was eventually caught. He is a despicable Narcissistic individual that should be scorned rather than be put in office again.
913Krud

Alma, KS

#17 Oct 24, 2012
You said "Narcissistic". That's a pretty good description. I like seeing larry hall and paul filla signs in the same yards of county citizens. Ha!
hotflash

West Mineral, KS

#18 Oct 25, 2012
fyi what a dumb hi class nut former brass hat gm employee your a loser get over it you were recalled people dont want you your a kc move in not a linn county former resident give it up vicki leonard and mike page will be recalled just like you were the day after election they did what you did did public business in pubic there going to be outist just like you were maybe all 3 of you can get a job at walmart being greeters lol we the people have spoken just love election year we can put people like you out of public office
hotflash

West Mineral, KS

#19 Oct 25, 2012
they also have given raises to certain employes and not all employes have gotten raises for over 3 years then they raise the deductible on each family member 2500.00 each they treat the county employes like crap we need people in office that take care of the employees then have a town meeting when the commisoneers want to spend money the commisioners knew of the christmas bonus our sheriff gave out why didnt all employees get a bonus wow select who for what coommisioners are just as guilty as anyone thats ok we the people put you in office we the people will take you out of office you work for the people quit trying to be GOD
hotflash

West Mineral, KS

#20 Oct 25, 2012
hey silver lake wanna sign my recall sheet to
DM DHP

Alma, KS

#21 Oct 25, 2012
the sheriff didn't give a "bonus". it was a gift donation that was taxed on their paycheck, later on, dumbass. wow, i love how everyone knows everything and just spouts out about it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SRO-Deputy Higgins Jan 5 Right 1
beating from crazy man Jan 4 oleda 1
Strange things around Linn County Nov '17 Anonymous 3
Situation at Pleasanton High (Feb '15) Nov '17 Mash 17
To Parents Re: Principal Mitch Shaw Oct '17 Really 5
friend says LaCygne is a great place to live. (Feb '07) Feb '17 zac 20
Seth Daniels (Dec '16) Dec '16 Crazy 2

Pleasanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance