Weinland Park fed up with OSU's 'urba...

Weinland Park fed up with OSU's 'urban laboratory' treatment | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Weinland Park fed up with OSU's 'urban laboratory' treatment | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The red, wooden stands have been put in the Weinland Park neighborhood so residents can say what they want to see instead of vacant lots and boarded-up houses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Fall into the earth

Dublin, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2011
Then maybe the neighborhood should just fall into the Earth if that's what the locals want. At least these student are trying to help the most impoverished, crime-ridden cess-pool of a 'hood in the city. Few others care about you or would ever dare to walk through your crime-ridden streets. On to the next one, on to the next one, students. Leave this one to rot. No more laboratory for you, Weinland Park. You're past the point of hope.
The Real P Citizen

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 3, 2011
Fall into the earth wrote:
Then maybe the neighborhood should just fall into the Earth if that's what the locals want. At least these student are trying to help the most impoverished, crime-ridden cess-pool of a 'hood in the city. Few others care about you or would ever dare to walk through your crime-ridden streets. On to the next one, on to the next one, students. Leave this one to rot. No more laboratory for you, Weinland Park. You're past the point of hope.
Sorry to say...
Maybe those folks in Weinland Park wouldn't be so 'antsy' if they knew that OSU and it's students were in earnest to help.
But once again...anything that a number of Whites do; should be held up to scrutiny.
Just fact.
lucius

Dublin, OH

#3 Mar 3, 2011
The Ohio State's Schoenbaum Family Center houses a child-development laboratory in the neighborhood, sharing a site with Weinland Park Elementary School. And that's the real problem. People's children as lab rats.
senate bill 51

United States

#4 Mar 4, 2011
ohio state has help that area
senate bill 51

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2011
lucius wrote:
The Ohio State's Schoenbaum Family Center houses a child-development laboratory in the neighborhood, sharing a site with Weinland Park Elementary School. And that's the real problem. People's children as lab rats.
my wife teaches at weinland park and she comfirm what you said
Mike

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 4, 2011
The *signboards* are eyesores? In Weinland Park?
Concerned KSA Student

Pleasanton, CA

#7 Mar 4, 2011
I am rather concerned about how my studio-mates were deceptively approached by the Columbus Dispatch for this article. I have to wonder what else in this article is suspect.
Really

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Mar 4, 2011
senate bill 51 wrote:
<quoted text>my wife teaches at weinland park and she comfirm what you said
Sorry to say but the actual elementary school, by itself, is one of the worst performing schools in the district-- I think they actually benefit from the OSU's efforts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pleasant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
katrina kiehl Nov 19 best buy 1
Dan Williams Nov 16 Misty Blue 1
News Ashbaugh Arcanuma s new chief (Jun '14) Oct '16 Light 2
Vote for Donald J Trump Oct '16 MAGA 1
Brandon Meyer Sep '16 Chris 2
Stuart Sullenbarger (Nov '12) Nov '12 Want to Know 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Jan '12 Ohio Closed Primary 61

Pleasant Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pleasant Hill Mortgages