Northern California wildfires grow, 23 homes in danger

Sep 8, 2012 Full story: Tulsa World

Your bookmark will appear on your Profile page. Please give it a title, and short description so that visitors to your page will understand where the bookmark leads.

Read more
nmf

Vineburg, CA

#1 Sep 8, 2012
we live in a valley adjacent to big creek valley. we were outside fire preping our home when the reverse 911 robocalls were made @ 3pm yesterday, never hearing the phone therefore never receiving notice of evacuation. our neighbor came over around 6pm & advised us she personally spoke to 2 sheriff's parked on our road and they told her the west side of hwy 3 spot fires were extinguished quickley & the evac. was recended. now we hear on npr the evac. is still in place however, we cannot varify anything due to the fact the usfs is not responding nor returning calls. we do not hear any heavy equip. working the fire at night when the flames are down. the air attack comes late in the morning when winds pick up & fire rages rendering their services less effective. Now the fire has spread to the mountain northeast of it's origin and we can hear large timber falling. too much smoke to see anything. inciweb only updates the increased acres and nothing else. i feel as though we are going to stand vigilant and make up our own rules when we see our treetops on fire. in this age of information why can we not receive accurate information in a timely mannor??? and where are the bomber planes???
sincerely, "not much faith"
Donna

Mesquite, TX

#2 Sep 8, 2012
My son lives in Hayfork and has been driving trucks to the river for 48 hrs and hauling them up the hills at the direction of whoever is in charge there. Yesterday Sheriff was telling them mandatory evac but Forestry service said no. He's been hearing propane tanks blow in some of the areas but thinks most of the town is safe.
Donna

Mesquite, TX

#3 Sep 8, 2012
The latest update on the website I'm watching is giving directions to the Fairgrounds for any large animal evacuation. I've only been there once so I know I'm not much help but if you can get to the Fairgrounds there should be people there to give you more information. Keep safe!

Website that I'm using to get information is
http://inciweb.org/incident/3235/
sarah

United States

#4 Sep 10, 2012
we live in trinity pines and let me just say im praying for all of u iv been through a house fire before not from a wildfire but in a previous state iv lived in and i can not even begin to imagine being told i have to leave my home due to irrisponsible people who like to ignore ne safety tips u live in the mnts in california my heart goes out to u and ur homes who are in danger. people stop ignoring the burn purpits suspended sighns and quit flicking ur lit cigeretts on the ground. im only 20 yrs old and i just decided i wanted to be a volunteer forest fire fighter. good luck to all of you stay safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Platina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
smith on weed country Mar 24 jeanette lalley 1
blog about trinity pines subdivision (Oct '08) Mar 17 Oh No 1,632
Missing Brandon Stephens - Feb 20,2015 Shasta C... Mar 8 tandieJ 1
the real story about trinity pines (Jun '13) Oct '14 Marion 5
News Crews Clear Rocks, Logs After Shasta Glacier Melts (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Trinity pines (Jun '13) Apr '14 someone 3
News Student campaigns for state assembly (Apr '14) Apr '14 jim cody 1
Platina Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Platina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]