Redding Logger Killed by Fallen Tree

Redding Logger Killed by Fallen Tree

There are 8 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Oct 25, 2007, titled Redding Logger Killed by Fallen Tree. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

REDDING, Calif. -- A 45-foot section of a tree being harvested for timber broke off and landed on a logger, killing him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

SarahMoon

United States

#1 Oct 25, 2007
ewwww...not a pretty way to go. This same sort of thing happened to my brother...broke hus pelvis, both of his legs and several ribs. he drug himslef Army-style for 2 miles to a main road to flag down help...yep, he was alone...unless you count Delihla the german sheperd...
Just Me

Sacramento, CA

#2 Oct 26, 2007
JustMe wrote:
ewwww...not a pretty way to go. This same sort of thing happened to my brother...broke hus pelvis, both of his legs and several ribs. he drug himslef Army-style for 2 miles to a main road to flag down help...yep, he was alone...unless you count Delihla the german sheperd...
So...
SarahMoon

West Sacramento, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2007
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
So...
??? "So?" That's pretty thought provoking.
Jason

Hephzibah, GA

#4 Oct 26, 2007
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
So...
So, that's pretty hard core, if true. Try low-crawling for 25 yards uninjured, then you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Just Me

Sacramento, CA

#5 Oct 26, 2007
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
So, that's pretty hard core, if true. Try low-crawling for 25 yards uninjured, then you'll understand what I'm talking about.
I am sure the family of this dead man is comforted by the fact that his/her brother lived while they have to deal with a death. I think it was a very selfish post. Think about a time when you were feeling bad and you told a "friend" your sad story and they felt compelled to compare what happened to them. Its just wrong.
joey

Folsom, CA

#8 Oct 26, 2007
yeah, i can relate, my uncle was trying so save a buck, cut his own firewood, cut down one too many big trees, fell on him and his truck, broke both his legs and his left arm, big gash on his forehead, he used his one good arm to help him roll, he rolled for like 5 hours to the highway, some car eventually found him passed out on the side of the highway.
MsKBelle

Rancho Mirage, CA

#9 Oct 26, 2007
I am so sorry for the devastation that Daniel's family is suffering at his loss. The life of a man with a wife and two small children should not be summed up in 5 line announcement of his death. My heart goes out to his wife and dear little family, his parents, Dave and Judy, his brothers, his grandparents, Betty and Walt, and his numerous friends. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Just Me

Sacramento, CA

#10 Oct 26, 2007
MsKBelle wrote:
I am so sorry for the devastation that Daniel's family is suffering at his loss. The life of a man with a wife and two small children should not be summed up in 5 line announcement of his death. My heart goes out to his wife and dear little family, his parents, Dave and Judy, his brothers, his grandparents, Betty and Walt, and his numerous friends. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
What a nice post. Thank you for sharing with us who he is. My heart felt condolances to the family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Platina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hay for sale delivered Sat Haydaze 1
blog about trinity pines subdivision (Oct '08) Jul 18 Grumpy 1,757
Blog about Hayfork (Aug '11) Jul 17 IDK 13
Christopher McNeill (Oct '15) May '17 Copy that 2
Are the Hmongs "organized"? (Jan '17) Mar '17 Smile 2
News Video: Father And Son Film Mountain Lions Swimm... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Just L 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in California... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Rhonda Zisle 15

Platina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Platina Mortgages