Jittery Homeowners Look For Other Hea...

Jittery Homeowners Look For Other Heat Sources

There are 124 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Jittery Homeowners Look For Other Heat Sources. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

On a beach-perfect July Wednesday, winter's distant chill drove Dan and Terri Bohn from their comfortable Bristol home into a Plantsville store that sells wood-burning stoves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Wood Burner

Avon, CT

#123 Jul 22, 2008
Yea honey, let's go buy a wood stove. It's really easy. All you gotta do is put some wood in it right?
Just don't forget to add in the weekends cutting and loading it, dragging it home, splitting it, stacking it, covering it, taking wood in the house as needed and brushing out the chimney.
Truth is people are too lazy. They would rather bitch about oil prices and try and get assistance than actually get of their butt and do some work and help themselves.
I have an outdoor wood stove that heats my house,hot water and garage. It does take a lot of hard work and time but the end results- costs less warmer house,good exercise -are worth it. Having a hard time finding wood though.If anyone knows where I can buy logged -tree length,not cut or split-wood let me know.
Wood Burner

Avon, CT

#124 Jul 22, 2008
Wood Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can't read when I said I get most of my wood from road trimmings, the transfer station, and from town cut trees. I'm not only heating my house but I'm cutting the costs in my town to dispose of the wood. They have to pay for that.
There was a time the state issued permits to cut marked trees for firewood in some sections of forest. Unsure if they do it anymore.
They do I have one for Cheshire
Wood Burner

Avon, CT

#125 Jul 22, 2008
Good Greef wrote:
<quoted text>I can read fine and I never heard you say anything!
Don't be a jackass!!! Oops to late!!!!
ricbee

Shelton, CT

#126 Jul 23, 2008
Wood would be wonderful if you already have the stove & a forest on your property. I did it a few times
8-10 years ago to great satisfaction. Cost notwithstanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plantsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Relics Of Retail (Feb '08) Apr 27 JustBob 34
News Trump's path: He needs big night to stay on tra... Apr 26 America Gentleman... 1
News Trumps tells Connecticut voters he's "not tonin... Apr 24 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Trump campaigns in Connecticut Apr 23 America Gentleman... 1
South Main Street Apr 13 mindless06795 1
Was John Regan Guilty? (Sep '08) Apr 10 bluegrasslvr 40
Car Taxes in Waterbury (Jul '14) Apr 7 just honest 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plantsville Mortgages