Early School Dismissals

Early School Dismissals

There are 7 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Early School Dismissals. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Southington High School will have a normal schedule today. With the early dismissal, students at Flanders, Hatton, Plantsville, South End and Thalberg will get out at 1:10 p.m. while those at Derynoski, Kelley ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

John

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2008
Awwwwwwww poor babies, Did they ever hear on a fan? I went to Holcomb School it was built in the 1920's it got into the 90's there and we had no AC we just delt with the heat.
Steve James

New Hartford, CT

#2 Jun 10, 2008
Cha-Ching, baby. More time off for the part-timers who get an ample full-time pay and off the charts benefits. Cool! I mean, Hot!

Teachers should just wear ski masks every day... since they are robbing us blind.
LovemySimplicity Tractor

Hartford, CT

#3 Jun 10, 2008
hahahahaa
thats funny

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah its hot in here!
give me my money and benefits
Joe

Marion, CT

#4 Jun 10, 2008
I never got let out of school early because of heat. it would get in the 100's and we would still be in here, and this was in the 80's and early 90's. Also, doesn't hatton, thalburg have AC since they were rebuilt a few years ago?
YAY

Hartford, CT

#5 Jun 10, 2008
So are we supposed to continue the mistakes of the past just because we had to go through it? Can't wait to see what the town would like 20 years from now if we kept doing the same thing and ended up with a few new superfund sites and misreable adults with more health issues because we didn't aknowledge heat issues, Im all for this who cares, its June give the kids a break they've earned it at this point,(well most of em)

“Miss Eliza”

Since: Dec 07

Maine

#6 Jun 10, 2008
All of you write this as you sit in your air conditioned offices or homes. Who cares if you had to sit in a hot school when you were young? I did too & I can remember how unproductive those days were.
CPC

Warren, NJ

#7 Jun 10, 2008
John wrote:
Awwwwwwww poor babies, Did they ever hear on a fan? I went to Holcomb School it was built in the 1920's it got into the 90's there and we had no AC we just delt with the heat.
I don't think the school is as big of a concern as the bus. The heat on a bus can be pretty unbearable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plantsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Her disease and a special friendship (Jun '08) Sep 16 Linda 11
Whats up doc? Cheshire CT Murders (Jul '07) Sep 2 Joyinthemorn 602
News Slain woman became anti-violence activist after... Aug 30 Harlem 2
News DEA, state police crack down on 'outlaw motorcy... (Dec '05) Aug 29 Damnyankee 201
News Slain woman's sister also a murder victim Aug 25 WorkAvoider 3
Southwick & Meister (Mar '13) Aug 22 Mike 7
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Aug '17 Harry 19

Plantsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plantsville Mortgages