Waterbury one of the best places to raise a family

Waterbury _ Best Life Magazine has ranked Waterbury as one of the best places to raise a family and the Brass City celebrated that accomplishment this morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Tierra Mourning

Worcester, MA

#185 Sep 29, 2012
mimi wrote:
Hahahaha. We moved there a few months ago, the city is disgusting. I took my kids to the playground in Bunker Hill and there were parents there doing drugs while their very young children were playing. This is the WORST city I have EVER lived in. Who ever wrote this article is an idiot. I can't wait to move. Someone stole our sons bike and toys the first week we lived there, from our back yard. What a joke!!
you must live in the hood! Lol That can very well happen to you in any city in the world dumb ass!! Smh
Tierra Mourning

Worcester, MA

#186 Sep 29, 2012
mimi wrote:
We've had homeless people beg us for money while grocery shopping then watch them go buy crack, had to change schools because our kids getting abused by others, went to a dealership to buy a car and had to listen to the employees yell obscenities to eachother for 20 mins then get on their cell phones and call their family about it in front of me before I even got a greeting. I haven't had ONE good experience in Waterbury. We live there and that's it. Our health care, work and recreation is elsewhere. Can't wait to move!!
This can very well happen anywhere!! You can't label the city because of what a few ignorant people do!! That's just stupid... Smh Sad!!!😳
Tierra Mourning

Worcester, MA

#187 Sep 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="Dr. Feelgood"]Agreed. Sickening filth that should be scrubbed clean.[/QUOTE] And you dumb asses are part of the city!! You live here don't you??!! 😳 smh Do something to help improve it then... Since your so perfect, why not run for mayor and see how much better you can do! You people kill me... Quick to put people down but do nothing to improve but run your mouths!! Lol I'm pretty sure there's a lot of things that go on in our household behind closed door that aren't perfect either... This can very well happen ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! And is.... So sad!! 😒
Dr Feelgood

Danielson, CT

#188 Sep 29, 2012
Nope. Stand by what I said. Scrub it.
Chris

Waterbury, CT

#189 Oct 12, 2012
Only in waterbury does some gimp steal stock rims on a car. You welfare bastards i would have given you the money instead of leaving it on the ground. Get a job i hope u crash and burn with those rims and tires you waste of life.
Chris

Waterbury, CT

#190 Oct 12, 2012
Selling my house. All profit,i hope you swim in your own chit dirtbags.
Chris

Waterbury, CT

#191 Oct 12, 2012
Im looking for them too im up at the crack of dawn and working late if i see em u going to jail punk.
Chris

Waterbury, CT

#192 Oct 12, 2012
Like 60 other eyes too not the money i just want to get rid of some of you low lifes so some of the ordinary people could have a life. Yeah "make it rain"bunch of nickel and dime wastes.
Chris

Waterbury, CT

#193 Oct 12, 2012
Make my wife rent a car to go to work.Make me leave work early and worry bout my car.Oh i know lowlifes without jobs wouldnt know about this. You ignorant lowlifes first of the month shopping with two carts meanwhile th regular people have one to save. Yeah you mad cool
Haha. Cant support yourself need us to do it.Get that pacifier out of your mouth.

Since: Jan 12

Waterbury, CT

#194 Oct 15, 2012
got blues and H in waterbury jimmyt853@gmail.com
Dr. Feelgood

Boston, MA

#195 Oct 20, 2012
Tierra Mourning wrote:
[QUOTE who="Dr. Feelgood"]Agreed. Sickening filth that should be scrubbed clean. "

And you dumb asses are part of the city!! You live here don't you??!! 😳 smh Do something to help improve it then... Since your so perfect, why not run for mayor and see how much better you can do! You people kill me... Quick to put people down but do nothing to improve but run your mouths!! Lol I'm pretty sure there's a lot of things that go on in our household behind closed door that aren't perfect either... This can very well happen ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! And is.... So sad!! 😒
Disgusting. This place is a cess pool.
Lenny

Lawndale, NC

#196 Nov 7, 2012
What a hell hole full of nixxers!
JayRoe

Middletown, CT

#197 Jun 6, 2013
Clicked this link in Google expecting a news parody, but no, this is for real. Extremely confused at this point.
Straight_One

Waterbury, CT

#198 Jul 2, 2013
I strongly disagree that Waterbury is one of the best places to raise a family. I am quite a straight shooter and am going to say it the way how I see it.

The OK stuff:

1) Central location and major highway intersection to commute for work elsewhere, so prepare to spend money on commuting

2) Cheap property prices (if you do not mind to constantly looking over your shoulder)
- I live off of N. Main St., my car got broken into and things stolen right in front of my house twice in six months
- my friend's house under the construction in the Aurora St neighborhood got broken into twice in three months and thousands worth of material and tools got stolen

3) Lot of parks and playgrounds to exercise at (almost every time I go out to a park - Hamilton, Bucks Hill, Fulton, etc..., I see there either people using or dealing drugs)

4) Free amusement - the city center is better than a "free ZOO". Just drive through the city center during the day. I guarantee you that every other person will make you think "Jesus, this person is quite a "messed up character", where do they get them from?"

Now the "bad" stuff:

1) Corruption
The town's economy, roads, school system is a mess. Half of the town / government employees are "mafia puppets", so lot of taxpayer's money ends up in private pockets and mafia, rather than going to benefit the citizens.

Another suspicious fact is that if you look at the last names of employees at the town hall, police, public works, etc... the percentage of Italian names there is significantly larger than one would expect from the demographics data.

2) Drugs and crime
I dare to say that a drug dealer or a drug user lives on every single street of Waterbury. I lived in Chicago, Boston, NYC, and other parts of CT, but have never seen anything like this. The city is saturated with drugs and dangerous local dealers, as well as gangs from NYC and overseas.

3) Ignorance and low morale
I have never seen such a big concentration per square mile of low class and ignorant people like in Waterbury. These people just don't know nothing, don't like to work, and all they do is to think how to get the easy way out of responsibilities. It appears that half of people in Waterbury abuses the social system = grabs whatever they can and more than they should from the city / state / government (unemployment, section 8, social security, insurance, utilities, other assistance and freebies...)

4) Bad school system
Most of the kids in the public school system just don't get a good education and positive learning environment
- it starts with the teachers who don't know how to educate and motivate, and ends with the kids who disrupt the class, because all they want to do is to sell drugs and hang out with their gangs.

The graduates that get an education from the Waterbury school system from start to finish, if they manage to get into a college, they are way behind other students from different school systems. The private schools here are "safer" places than the public schools, however the education quality and competitiveness of its graduates is also discussable.

5) Poor economy and job opportunities
Waterbury lacks good career opportunities. The manufacturing industry is wiped out, there are some decent paying jobs at a couple of local hospitals, but besides that all that is here are low-paying jobs in retail, restaurants, service, labor, etc... The bottom line is that the career opportunities here are very limited, and to run your own business, like myself is not the easiest task either, because there is a lot of shady and/or poor people here.

To summarize, I would like to say that Waterbury gives me a bitter sweet mix of feelings. The situation will not improve any time soon and until someone cuts off all of the mobsters, gangsters, drug dealers, free-loaders, and slum lords who pursue their selfish interests. I will certainly not raise my family here and plan on moving away well before our children reach a school age.

Since: Jul 13

Waterbury, CT

#199 Jul 7, 2013
I am a resident to Waterbury and I agree with everybody in here. The crime rate is sooo high in this town, it's beyond believing. I would not recommend raising a child in this town. This town needs a major clean up if you ask me. I'm not originally from here though.
TLP

Waterbury, CT

#202 Nov 5, 2013
I most laugh at people from New Haven , one of the highest murder rates in the state, Meriden, a city that has nothing going on it it culturally, Derby , an old valley backwoods town. your really going to put down waterbury ,
TOILET BOWL

Southington, CT

#204 Mar 6, 2014
waterbury is a hell hole.....
Jim

Milford, MA

#205 Jun 30, 2014
Just take a look and see how every five seconds someone throws trash out of their car window.And try to avoid head on collisions when drivers cut in front of you after failing to yield the right of way.
yanno3438

Edison, NJ

#206 Oct 8, 2014
I lived in Waterbury for 8 years and trust me, Its not the best place to raise a family and the schools are HORRIBLE. also , having a business in Waterbury wont do well...I know of businesses there that opened and closed several times in 10 years. I think its the arm pit of conn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plantsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Ricci's Home Improvement Co (May '14) Nov 18 Wood46 4
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Oct 29 oldie but goodie 12
Horn-sounding sirens Oct 26 rachinc 1
Send me nudes ill do the same ;) Oct 24 shingenCee 1
Review: All PRO Transmission And Auto Repair (Jul '13) Oct 23 hondajosh 7
Real Estate Sales: KFC on Queen Street Sells fo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mr G 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Florencio Pita 43
Plantsville Dating
Find my Match

Plantsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Plantsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Plantsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:55 am PST