1996 Prostitute murders near US 92 an...

1996 Prostitute murders near US 92 and Airport Rd.

Posted in the Plant City Forum

Adrian Shirley

Topton, NC

#1 Aug 21, 2011
Anyone remember the name of the book about the Samuel Smithers case written by one of the detectives that worked the case? A friend of mine showed it to me once, I remember it had a yellow cover I think and all the crime scene photographs. I grew up in Dover and was 16 at the time of the murders. I cleaned the carpets in the house the murders took place in once, pretty creepy being in the house and standing on the bank of the pond where the bodies were found. Kind of unsettling knowing that I was less than 2 miles away when Cristy and Denise were hacked up and tossed into their watery grave by "The Deacon of Death". Figures their murderer was a Deacon at a baptist church. Anyway, I couldn't remember the name of the book so if anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate a reply, or if you know me and just want to say hi, thats appreciated too.
TyG

United States

#2 Sep 16, 2015
You were at the house were it happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plant City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
01/06/1989 your birthday ? adopted ? Thu please help 1
Looking for Marie Rowland? Apr 17 Homefront 1
News Dr. Craig Amshel, MD Opens New Office in Sun Ci... (Nov '13) Apr 15 Maryann Conley 2
Zach Bernhardt Murdered by his Mother? (Jul '17) Apr 8 Keen Eye 4
Add.ys.xana.x bl.ack,rox.y bL.ues.etc Apr 6 Lanyy 1
Add.ys.xana.x bl.ack,rox.y bL.ues.etc Apr 6 Warriboi 1
3/5/18 Mar '18 Kristen 2

Plant City Jobs

Personal Finance

Plant City Mortgages