Harp

Seabrook, TX

#6901 May 22, 2013
OK so I just saw where someone called it the PAT assessment so what is it? Thanks
HopefullPremTech

Concord, CA

#6902 May 22, 2013
Harp wrote:
<quoted text>
OK so its just a video presentation and 1 on 1 consisting of 4 questions? Or is their a test on top of that? Got my RJP and Interview tomorrow afternoon just want to be prepared. Also on your responses to the 4 questions did you go short and sweet or in depth?
Look back to page 333, I answered this question in full detail.
Harp

Seabrook, TX

#6903 May 22, 2013
HopefullPremTech wrote:
<quoted text>
Look back to page 333, I answered this question in full detail.
Yes your post has been very helpful for me and many others. I do thank you for it. Did you keep your answers short or in depth?
HopefullPremTech

West Covina, CA

#6904 May 22, 2013
Harp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes your post has been very helpful for me and many others. I do thank you for it. Did you keep your answers short or in depth?
It's not a long interview, I would say we talked for 15-20 minutes tops. They don't want 1 sentence answers but they also don't want your life story so just keep it natural and conversational and you'll do fine.
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6905 May 23, 2013
Besides the Prem tech/wire tech jobs you may also be interested or know someone interested in working in following ATT positions now available including
Retail sales (25k+/yr), outsides sales, call centers, construction (splicers), many tech type jobs (PT/WT/Wireless, Mechanics, digital life), IT positions, managers , warehouse, delivery drivers
ATT is in 22 states, 300, 000 pus employees, about 60% are union jobs, largest private sector union employer

Some recent headlines concerning ATT http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/08/03/att-j...

March 2013, California 500 temp workers throughout state for temp jobs (OSP/splicers/managers) lasting up to three years
April 2013, plan to hire 5,000 military veterans over next five years. http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article/28...
May 2013 hiring PTs and call center workers Wichita http://m.facebook.com/Buildersinc/posts/54375...
May 2013, hiring 120 throughout South Carolina http://www.wltx.com/news/article/237339/2/ATT...
May 2013, hiring 20 a month for next 7 months call center East Park Tennessee http://journal-times.com/local/x2002155623/AT...
May 2013 North Carolina to see 400 hires http://m.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2013/05/1...
Galt

West Palm Beach, FL

#6906 May 23, 2013
Harp wrote:
<quoted text>
No test. They do the presentation, then they bring out a few of their crew supervisors and start taking you to another room or area for the 1 on 1. My interview took 10 minutes or less. If you have a lot of experience in customer service and dealing with irate customers, you'll be fine. Only one question asks "What skills do you have that makes you think you'll be qualified for the position?" I believe that one was the first one.
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6907 May 23, 2013
In addition to above a current hiring frenzy is going on for digital life managers so hiring should began soon for DL techs, similar to PT/WT, no knowledge yet of pay scale

ATT trail sites up and running, mention of install done by DL techs http://www.screenplaysmag.com/2013/03/20/atts...
The above and below links also mentions expanding to 50 cities by end of year (2013)
http://blog.frontpointsecurity.com/2013/05/06...

For demo of job see
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
JustTheTip

Baton Rouge, LA

#6908 May 23, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
In addition to above a current hiring frenzy is going on for digital life managers so hiring should began soon for DL techs, similar to PT/WT, no knowledge yet of pay scale
ATT trail sites up and running, mention of install done by DL techs http://www.screenplaysmag.com/2013/03/20/atts...
The above and below links also mentions expanding to 50 cities by end of year (2013)
http://blog.frontpointsecurity.com/2013/05/06...
For demo of job see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Qkl5I37d5pIXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
So I recently moved an hour from where my job is in the SE to be with my girl. I was originally looking at the Wire Tech job in my new town, but I currently work in the home automation industry. I have a college degree and 5 months experience with installing and programming automation tech, as well as terminating all kinds of cables. Is there anywhere to directly apply for the DL jobs?
Harp

Houston, TX

#6909 May 23, 2013
Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No test. They do the presentation, then they bring out a few of their crew supervisors and start taking you to another room or area for the 1 on 1. My interview took 10 minutes or less. If you have a lot of experience in customer service and dealing with irate customers, you'll be fine. Only one question asks "What skills do you have that makes you think you'll be qualified for the position?" I believe that one was the first one.

Yes sir you were correct!! Thanks went today and did RJP and 1 on 1 and it obviously went well got done around 4pm (started at 1) and got the call with conditional offer at 7pm tonight with Drug Test and Physical Abilities/Physical tomorrow! Damn that was fast, guess it's time to get work'n........
Galt76

Hollywood, FL

#6910 May 23, 2013
Harp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sir you were correct!! Thanks went today and did RJP and 1 on 1 and it obviously went well got done around 4pm (started at 1) and got the call with conditional offer at 7pm tonight with Drug Test and Physical Abilities/Physical tomorrow! Damn that was fast, guess it's time to get work'n........
That was fast! Great! Passed my 18 ft climb today. Wait till you hit the poles...lol!
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6911 May 23, 2013
JustTheTip wrote:
<quoted text>
So I recently moved an hour from where my job is in the SE to be with my girl. I was originally looking at the Wire Tech job in my new town, but I currently work in the home automation industry. I have a college degree and 5 months experience with installing and programming automation tech, as well as terminating all kinds of cables. Is there anywhere to directly apply for the DL jobs?
While not knowing your location the following is active areas of hiring for DL managers, note: believe Farmers Branch and Norcross to be call centers.
Atlanta, Brecksville OH, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Farmers Branch TX, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Miami,, Middleton NJ, Norcross GA, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Providence, Riverside, San Diego, San Jose, Tampa, Virginia Beach, Washington DC.

As the product is an IP based, meaning hardwired internet suspect the work will be very similar to PT/WT, including cross box (in video tech calls early (dispatched) and another call when about half hour away that should be around time of arrival of cross box to run jumpers), work drop, NID, home run and some type of RG to connect to outside, all insides products are wireless (no other coax or cable runs) except for maybe power supply if inid the install and maybe to keyboard control panel. If this is true pay scale should be same or similar to PT/WT as work is similar,

Keep checking att website for DL job posting, should be soon once managers are in place, maybe should apply for that position with your background if interested.

So did you move to be close to your daughter or the Motown " My Girl".
Harp

Houston, TX

#6912 May 23, 2013
Do any of you techs have a tattoo that you cover up like on the forearm? I do have one from my Army years and of course during the spill at RJP they talk about all tats being covered so I'm not working that issue in my mind. To damn hot to wear a long sleeve in the summer time in the south. The shit you don't think about when young and dumb....
Ronster2

Memphis, TN

#6913 May 24, 2013
Harp wrote:
Do any of you techs have a tattoo that you cover up like on the forearm? I do have one from my Army years and of course during the spill at RJP they talk about all tats being covered so I'm not working that issue in my mind. To damn hot to wear a long sleeve in the summer time in the south. The shit you don't think about when young and dumb....
We were told in orientation only tats that would be offensive to a customer should covered. Naked women, bad language, etc. it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which tats are offensive.
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6914 May 24, 2013
Tats cover up
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
JustTheTip

Lafayette, LA

#6915 May 24, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
<quoted text>
While not knowing your location the following is active areas of hiring for DL managers, note: believe Farmers Branch and Norcross to be call centers.
Atlanta, Brecksville OH, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Farmers Branch TX, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Miami,, Middleton NJ, Norcross GA, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Providence, Riverside, San Diego, San Jose, Tampa, Virginia Beach, Washington DC.
As the product is an IP based, meaning hardwired internet suspect the work will be very similar to PT/WT, including cross box (in video tech calls early (dispatched) and another call when about half hour away that should be around time of arrival of cross box to run jumpers), work drop, NID, home run and some type of RG to connect to outside, all insides products are wireless (no other coax or cable runs) except for maybe power supply if inid the install and maybe to keyboard control panel. If this is true pay scale should be same or similar to PT/WT as work is similar,
Keep checking att website for DL job posting, should be soon once managers are in place, maybe should apply for that position with your background if interested.
So did you move to be close to your daughter or the Motown " My Girl".
Well none of those areas are near me (Louisiana), so I'm gonna try for PT/WT in the meantime. I moved to be with my girlfriend, who hopefully will be my fiancée within the year. Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a new job because the owner of my current company is a complete jerk, and my commute is costing me ~$400/month.
Galt76

West Palm Beach, FL

#6916 May 24, 2013
Harp wrote:
Got a dude in class that got tatts on his neck...both sides. Don't sweat it..
Harp

United States

#6917 May 24, 2013
Galt76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a dude in class that got tatts on his neck...both sides. Don't sweat it..
Good to hear thanks!! I will keep a sweatband handy for those iffy situations to cover her up.... How's class?? Hope to get in one by 2nd week of June..
HLJ

Ypsilanti, MI

#6918 May 25, 2013
I have applied for a Premise Tech job and have a ticket on my record from 2yrs ago will that keep me form getting hire????
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6919 May 25, 2013
JustTheTip wrote:
<quoted text>
Well none of those areas are near me (Louisiana), so I'm gonna try for PT/WT in the meantime. I moved to be with my girlfriend, who hopefully will be my fiancée within the year. Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a new job because the owner of my current company is a complete jerk, and my commute is costing me ~$400/month.
You may also want to consider the service tech positions that are listed for Louisiana. ST I believe are closer to telephone installer, repair while having many similar expectations and experiences working both outside and inside need to pass same test as a WT/PT plus a basic electricity test. Big advantage higher starting and Max pay obtainable, disadvantage suspect many current employees in lower positions while try to move up into these positions so not sure how much hiring will come off the street.
We recently had our most senior tech (5+ years) able to transfer to three year temp construction job, that techs with three years could not even quality for consideration. My point is the job you are hired into is where you will stay for some time unless move into lower level management. Best to you and your future family, learn what being a WT is and make sure she is OK with the conditions.

Since: Apr 13

Marrero, LA

#6920 May 25, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
<quoted text>
You may also want to consider the service tech positions that are listed for Louisiana. ST I believe are closer to telephone installer, repair while having many similar expectations and experiences working both outside and inside need to pass same test as a WT/PT plus a basic electricity test. Big advantage higher starting and Max pay obtainable, disadvantage suspect many current employees in lower positions while try to move up into these positions so not sure how much hiring will come off the street.
We recently had our most senior tech (5+ years) able to transfer to three year temp construction job, that techs with three years could not even quality for consideration. My point is the job you are hired into is where you will stay for some time unless move into lower level management. Best to you and your future family, learn what being a WT is and make sure she is OK with the conditions.
Hi is it against policy to bring your family to the hotel with you for training ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenbelt Body 6 hr bobblehoffer 1
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 12 hr Webster 951
pankaj joshi from nepal, a store clerk defraude... (Nov '09) 21 hr nepali 18
3BR 2BA 2650 sqft Home on 5 Acres with shop bld... Sat scenicoklahoma 2
Mike Simons Promiseland off the air? (Dec '10) Sat I Miss Promiselan... 20
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Fri texas pete 1,093
Substance and alcohol abuse rising among elderly Dec 19 Kid_Tomorrow 2

Plano News Video

Plano Dating
Find my Match