laughing about CareNow's Muslim heads...

laughing about CareNow's Muslim headscarf incident

There are 12 comments on the NBC DFW story from Nov 2, 2009, titled laughing about CareNow's Muslim headscarf incident. In it, NBC DFW reports that:

A Texas health clinic operator said it regrets telling a Muslim doctor applying for a job that she couldn't wear her traditional headscarf and will clarify its policy regarding religious accommodations for employees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC DFW.

Rufus Jackson

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2009
I slap dat headscarf of her big head
I care

Flower Mound, TX

#2 Nov 20, 2009
Rufus Jackson wrote:
I slap dat headscarf of her big head
Hmm good for you, that shows how you brought up and raise.
lexmo

White Hall, AR

#3 Nov 20, 2009
they all need to go back to their country...america will be the next mumbia under attack .......... read it ... mumbia terror attack 2008
lexmo

White Hall, AR

#4 Nov 20, 2009
rufus...i am behind ya on your idea
Bobby D

Mckinney, TX

#5 Nov 22, 2009
"I slap dat headscarf of her big head" ???

Wow i remember that same mentality was pretty prevalent before jews were helplessly murdered during the Holocaust.

We are all people, oppressing and discriminating against anyone for their appearance, traditions, cultures, and values is absolutely archaic...
What if a group of people wanted to slap you, Rufus or lexmo, just because of a certain type of clothing you were wearing or idea you had.

Ignorant, Racist, and Violent ideas keep humanity as a whole down.. we have more similarities than differences...
I hope you can change your attitude and outlook on those that are different from you
Its me

Dallas, TX

#6 Nov 26, 2009
Sleeper cell.

“It's me”

Since: May 07

My Town

#7 Nov 26, 2009
If she wanted to wear the "hat" because of her religion, then she shouldn't treat males. Especially one's that are half dressed, according to her religion. Take off the "hat" and deal with it....
lexmo

White Hall, AR

#8 Nov 26, 2009
thats the way , america rolls ...take the scarf off , its not the middle east
jgault

Allen, TX

#9 Jan 7, 2010
The lady may be an excellent doctor, if so it's a real shame she didn't get the job. I have a primary care doctor who is muslim and I have a very good relationship with him. However, I do understand the healthcare providers delema. What other exceptions to the norm are waiting to be revealed. Are there certain patients she won't treat, days she won't work and proceedures she won't perform. Employers are people too and can't all be dumped into the basket labled "BIGOT". Much has been left out of the story.
Bill W

Littlefield, TX

#10 Jan 27, 2010
Speaking of muslims,{Not that muslims are bad people,} I know some very nice ones. I was wondering about the Christmas Day Bomber, Does anyone know why and who from the Justice Department went to the hospital and within one hour of him being in the hospital, had read him the "Miranda RIGHTS" They say he was ansureing all questions before he went into surgery and someone from the justice department saw him before he came back to his room, and that he had clamed up, and had a lawyer. I thought only Americans were read their Mirander Rights. This man is a terroist. he tried to blow up that plane. As far as i'm concerned, that sounds like treason to me.
pluto

Wichita, KS

#11 Feb 1, 2010
Why didn`t ( NOAHA) JUST SWAT THOSE TWO MOSQUITO`S
Hmm

San Antonio, TX

#12 Apr 6, 2012
TRAILER TRASH IS WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE BY SAYING YOU WILL SLAP IT OFF HER HEAD!! ARE YOU SMART ENOUGH TO BE A DOCTOR?? DOUBT IT!! YOU JUST SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE! WHAT A JOKE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas area murders 3 hr No Dope 3
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 3 hr No Dope 2
((>Last Post<)) (Dec '12) 12 hr Princess Hey 508
Tractor Supply Company Stores are OUTSOURCING ... Tue ThomasA 4
annhltr Tue HUMM 1
W.V. Grant, Jr (Nov '08) Jan 14 Virginia Moore 65
News Frisco, Allen, Flower Mound Among Most Prospero... Jan 5 I M Denigg 1

Plano Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance