Jane

Dallas, TX

#21 Jun 28, 2012
Gary and his crew did a great job on my patio cover and I'm very pleased with it. I've gotten many compliments on how great it looks too.
Valinda - Frisco

Arlington, TX

#22 Jul 5, 2012
Gary just completed a job for us that we are more than happy with. He and his crews were efficient and did exactly what they were contracted to do. We had contracted with another company a couple of years ago to extend our patio and it was a complete disaster resulting in us having to start over this year. We asked for references and he gave us two pages of references in our subdivision to check out. We spoke to some of the people and got very good recommendations. He was prompt in giving us the bid, handled all the paperwork with the HOA, and we felt he was more than fair with the price. We have already recommended him to three of our friends. If we had more work needed, we wouldn't hesitate to use Gary again.
LAM

Dallas, TX

#23 Jul 26, 2012
Gary is doing some work for me now, and so far I'm very satisfied (although I'll be checking to see if they're actually using stainless steel nails once the fence starts going up!). His crews are very professional and have offered some helpful suggestions. Whether or not I end up satisfied with the work, I'll be posting my review on Angie's List, which is where I find most of the contractors I choose to hire to do work for me. If you haven't checked it out, you might want to.
Bernd

Irving, TX

#24 Jul 30, 2012
When we looked for contractors on getting our patio extended, a patio cover built, and a fireplace installed, Gary not only gave us the best price but also had a lot of own ideas and suggestions that I had not even considered before we met. His crew did an awesome job! The patio extension looks just like the original 15 year old patio. The cover with stained cedar beams looks beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on it. We love the fireplace and its position in one of the corners so it doesn't take away too much space. Great job Gary - thank you for your help!
Save Your Money

Mckinney, TX

#25 Sep 19, 2012
I'll first say that Gary's subcontractors do great work. Unfortunately, they do what Gary tells them and if that means cutting corners or whatever then that's what they do. I'd hire the subs, but never Gary again.

We contracted with Gary in April 2012 for a stamped concrete patio, arbor, and stone island with a built in grill, including all applicable permits. Being a first time homeowner, I paid half upfront, which I now know to never give more than a third. He charged my credit card 2 times "in error" so actually got the full amouont. Gary said work would begin in May (a couple of weeks later) once they got the wood. May came and went without a word from Gary. I called after Memorial Day to find out what the deal was and Gary indicated the wood was on back order. He says another week.

We continued to wait, another two weeks came and went, not a word. I contacted Gary again. This time he says he had to wait until enough people placed an order before he could make his order so that he could get the discounted rate he was "passing on" to me. Now he says the wood would be delivered the following week.

The next week, nothing. Not even a phone call. I'm finally able to get Gary on the phone (after he tried to respond to my voicemails via text). He says the rain has delayed them. I pointed out that I've been waiting now for 2 months and it hasn't rained for 2 months straight. I indicated that I would be requesting a refund of the money I had previously paid and that I didn't trust him anymore. I said I didn't want work done on my house without someone being there. He says they'll start on Monday and I told him I'd let him know by Saturday what we wanted to do. I get home that night and I have concrete workers in my backyard.

Now, just being tired of dealing with this we went ahead and had the work done. The wood was delivered the next week, but they left the invoice attached and I saw that all the excuses Gary made about the wood were lies because it wasn't even ordered until almost the middle of June. The work went rather quickly once it was started and finished up 2 days before the 4th of July. Keep in mind we contracted mid-April.

Here's the kicker: We wanted to increase the value of our home with this addition. Being a new house and the year warranty expiring, we had it inspected. Of course there are issues with the arbor that will decrease the value of our home. I called the city to find out if he had gotten a permit (with a city inspector signing off on the work) and of course he did not get a permit at all. I have called and left messages, but no return call. I'll definitely be looking into what my options are if he isn't willing to correct the issues.
jda

Dallas, TX

#26 Sep 26, 2012
I called Complete Outdoor Concepts in August 2012. I had originally wanted to concrete a large dirt area outside my back door. Gary came out and gave me some other ideas and helped me choose some colors. He was very clear throughout the process. And called to make sure things were up to my liking multiple times throughout the process. I ended up going with the stamped concrete an arbor and a stoned in grill. The new patio has really transformed my backyard into a beautiful entertaining area.
Alicia

Frisco, TX

#27 Oct 31, 2012
We hired Complete Outdoor Concepts to do a total renovation to our new backyard...stamped concrete on existing patio, new covered arbor, stone island with built in grill and fridge, driveway extension with stone flowerbeds to enhance the look and open arbor over concrete pad in side yard. Alot of work!:o) Gary worked with us throughout the whole project to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted.Every part of this project looks amazing....all the crews that did the work did a top notch job! We wanted paradise at home and we got it!
Wendy Tangen Frisco TX

Frisco, TX

#28 Nov 21, 2012
Gary finished building a large patio(12 X 8 additon) with a solid roof--with stamped concrete and also did stamped concrete on the front porch and walkway. The crew worked diligently for 4 1/2 days and completed the job beautifully!! The workers were polite and completely cleaned up after the job. My neighbors are in awe over the attractiveness of the patio and roof workmanship. Gary was easily accessible by email if questions arose and very helpful with ideas for the original design. My husband and I would recommend him to our friends and neighbors.
Corey

Frisco, TX

#29 Dec 2, 2012
We are having Gary build an arbor with a fireplace and outdoor kitchen. Work looks great so far. No complaints there. We had originally designed it where the fireplace goes in a certain spot and faced a certain way. When we came home one day and they were going to pour the concrete he had repositioned it without even telling us. The only other problem we have really had is that he is non existent via telephone. He would rather text you than talk to you. I am a big texter so dont get me wrong, but there have been several times I asked him to call me and no luck. The work does look great though.
Eric B - Frisco

Frisco, TX

#30 Feb 4, 2013
I was looking to extend my existing relatively small covered patio in my back yard. I was looking add approximately 250 square feet of new patio with a shingled roof that matched and tied into my existing house. A primary goal of our renovation was to remove 3 existing brick columns on my current patio – so that the new area would be completely open and useable under the extended roof. I also wanted stone countertop with various accessories (fridge, cooler, storage) and a bar area.

Gary came out on time for our initial conversation, listened well and made some suggestions. He showed us a large number of his previous jobs on his tablet – showing us styles and options. He spoke confidently and had the experience with large projects. He shared my desire to give the new addition the same look and feel as my existing house and patio – in essence as if my original builder had done the work. Additionally, Gary could get extra log structural beams and was confident in his ability to manage the removal of the 3 existing brick columns. Gary prepared and sent me an estimate the same day. Later that week I decided to contract with Gary.

Gary and his crew did a great job throughout the entire process. His work crews were courteous, friendly, willing to answer questions and did great work. They did a very good job keeping the site clean and seemed to take great pride in their workmanship. We had challenging elements like the 3 existing columns and a roof with 3 different pitches and angles that they needed to tie into. They used material that matched my existing house, roof, patio and stone beautifully. Gary sent me multiple quick updates as each major piece was going to start and was quick to respond to any question or concern I had. Gary was always organized and on-time for any meetings or communication. They worked through the city of Frisco for all permits and inspections. Gary even took care of the HOA paperwork. I didn’t have to get involved in any of it. The original estimate was dead-on and only changed when I added a couple things not in the original quote. I thought Gary was fair and easy to deal with throughout the process. They did a great job and I am very happy with the results.
Maryam

Grapevine, TX

#31 Feb 25, 2013
We wanted to build an arbor with flagstone overlay over the
concrete on my patio. After talking with six contractors I decided to go with
Gary from Complete Outdoor Concepts. My big request was for a criss cross
pattern for the arbor, which is not what people usual do. I explained to Gary what I want and he agreed his crew can build this for me.
I told Gary that I am going to pay attention to every
detail, because the details are very important for me, and I have high expectations!
He assured me that he takes great pride in the workmanship for his company.
The project was done in three days as he planned, I got
everything I asked for, and the criss cross pattern turned out amazing!
Gary was very prompt in answering my calls, explaining my
questions and finding solutions for all my requests. Everybody from the crew was very
responsive and polite, and the work was done in a professional manner in every single detail!
Now I am looking at my patio, and not only everything looks
beautiful, but it exceeds my high expectations! Amazing!
I can only say:“Thank you so much, Gary!”
Maryam
Maryam

Grapevine, TX

#32 Feb 27, 2013
We wanted to build an arbor with flagstone overlay over the concrete on my patio. After talking with six contractors I chose Gary from Complete Outdoor Concepts. My biggest request was for a criss cross pattern for the arbor. Even though I was told people usual don't do that, Gary agreed. I explained him exactly what I want and he promised his carpenter will build this for me.

I told Gary that I am going to pay attention to every detail, because the details are very important to me, and I have high expectations!
He assured me that he takes great pride in the company's workmanship.

The whole project was done in three days as planned. I got everything I asked for, and the criss cross pattern for the arbor turned out amazing!
Gary was very prompt in answering my calls, explaining my questions and finding solutions for my requests. His workers were responsive and polite, and the work was done in a professional manner in every single detail!

Now I am looking at my patio, and not only everything looks beautiful, but it exceeds my expectations! I couldn't ask for anything more!

I can only say:“Thank you so much, Gary!”
Maryam
Victor

Frisco, TX

#33 Mar 14, 2013
It has been a great pleasure to do business with Complete Outdoor Concepts. I have found them trust worthy and honest; all of the workers have kept us informed of their progress as they have restored the cover of our patio. They were very polite and caring about our job as well as the safety of our three little dogs. They have taken care of the smallest details in finishing up our contract agreement and the final clean-up.
I have been in the construction industry all of my adult life and it has been a pleasure to find people with the same attitude of quality workmanship and customer satisfaction as I have with Gary and Complete Outdoor Concepts. I am proud to recommend them to anyone and look forward to other work that I may have need of in the future. Thank you Gary!
Victor

Frisco, TX

#34 Mar 14, 2013
It has been a great pleasure to do business with Complete Outdoor Concepts. I have found them trust worthy and honest; all of the workers have kept us informed of their progress as they have restored the cover of our patio. They were very polite and caring about our job as well as the safety of our three little dogs. They have taken care of the smallest details in finishing up our contract agreement and the final clean-up.
I have been in the construction industry all of my adult life and it has been a pleasure to find people with the same attitude of quality workmanship and customer satisfaction as I have with Gary and Complete Outdoor Concepts. I am proud to recommend them to anyone and look forward to other work that I may have need of in the future.
Stephen

Dallas, TX

#35 Apr 2, 2013
My back yard is transformed. I have seen pictures of beautiful patios and always wanted one. I contacted complete outdoor Concepts because of the pictures of the amazing work on the web site. Gary met me and gave me an estimate that night. The offer was competitive, so work started in just a couple of weeks. The arbor was finished in no time and looked great. The stamped concrete was poured and was looking good. The L-shaped island with grill and refrigerator were installed exactly as I requested. Once they sealed the stamped concrete, the project looked amazing. The only issues were that the battery for the igniter was put in backwards and that one of the igniters on the grill didn't work. Very minor issues. I look forward to enjoying my new patio this summer.
gary gootman

Frisco, TX

#36 Apr 5, 2013
Save Your Money wrote:
I'll first say that Gary's subcontractors do great work. Unfortunately, they do what Gary tells them and if that means cutting corners or whatever then that's what they do. I'd hire the subs, but never Gary again.
We contracted with Gary in April 2012 for a stamped concrete patio, arbor, and stone island with a built in grill, including all applicable permits. Being a first time homeowner, I paid half upfront, which I now know to never give more than a third. He charged my credit card 2 times "in error" so actually got the full amouont. Gary said work would begin in May (a couple of weeks later) once they got the wood. May came and went without a word from Gary. I called after Memorial Day to find out what the deal was and Gary indicated the wood was on back order. He says another week.
We continued to wait, another two weeks came and went, not a word. I contacted Gary again. This time he says he had to wait until enough people placed an order before he could make his order so that he could get the discounted rate he was "passing on" to me. Now he says the wood would be delivered the following week.
The next week, nothing. Not even a phone call. I'm finally able to get Gary on the phone (after he tried to respond to my voicemails via text). He says the rain has delayed them. I pointed out that I've been waiting now for 2 months and it hasn't rained for 2 months straight. I indicated that I would be requesting a refund of the money I had previously paid and that I didn't trust him anymore. I said I didn't want work done on my house without someone being there. He says they'll start on Monday and I told him I'd let him know by Saturday what we wanted to do. I get home that night and I have concrete workers in my backyard.
Now, just being tired of dealing with this we went ahead and had the work done. The wood was delivered the next week, but they left the invoice attached and I saw that all the excuses Gary made about the wood were lies because it wasn't even ordered until almost the middle of June. The work went rather quickly once it was started and finished up 2 days before the 4th of July. Keep in mind we contracted mid-April.
Here's the kicker: We wanted to increase the value of our home with this addition. Being a new house and the year warranty expiring, we had it inspected. Of course there are issues with the arbor that will decrease the value of our home. I called the city to find out if he had gotten a permit (with a city inspector signing off on the work) and of course he did not get a permit at all. I have called and left messages, but no return call. I'll definitely be looking into what my options are if he isn't willing to correct the issues.
please feel free to contact me and i would be more than happy to come and visit with you and go over any concerns that you may have. we take great pride in our work and i would like to rectify any issues you are having.
Melodie Phillips

Frisco, TX

#37 Apr 13, 2013
Gary and his team just finished out patio! I couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out. I recommend stamped concrete design, it is just beautiful and his painter matched our existing outdoor colors so the addition looks as if the builder has planned it just this way!
We liked his work/ and the way he conducted business so well that my mom is hoping to use him to add a similar patio to her home!
Chad

Mesquite, TX

#38 Apr 25, 2013
Gary did a great job on our patio. He emailed me daily an kept me up to date with the progress. Highly recommened in my opinion.
Jordan

Wylie, TX

#39 May 11, 2013
Gary responded promptly to my request and came out soon after to go over details of our project. After taking measurements and selecting the materials for the island and choosing a finish and colors for the patio in the morning, Gary submitted his quote the same afternoon. I contacted several companies for quotes and Gary was by far the most responsive and easy to communicate with. After working out the details, he said they would start in 2 weeks. Our HOA held us up a bit, so they ended up starting in 3 weeks. I was going to be out of town during this time, which made me a little nervous at first. Gary and his crew came out before I had to leave and we finalized the forming of the patio and laid out the island configuration. They got started the next day after I had left. Overall it went pretty smoothly from a distance. We exchanged a few phone calls during construction of the island and we ended up making a couple of design changes. As they got the grill and smoker in place there didn't seem to be much workspace the way it was laid out, so they moved the arrangement of the sink and grill which made for a much more usable area. I'm glad they checked in and asked about the layout, or I would've come home to find it set up the way we originally planned and realized the problem after it was too late. As it was, they finished up after 3-4 days which was a couple days faster than Gary quoted. By the time I got back home from my trip everything was completed and cleaned up. Overall they did a great job and I'd recommend Gary and his crew to friends. It wasn't the cheapest quote I received, or the most expensive, but Gary's professionalism and quality of work made his the best value of those that we reviewed.
Amy Richardson

Mckinney, TX

#40 May 14, 2013
We were looking to cover a 28' x 10' section of our backyard patio. This would cover a large portion of the back of our house. We were unsure how this would work and still look nice considering we have windows at multiple levels back there and we of course didn't want the patio to cut through the middle of a section of windows. We called several companies but Gary at Complete Outdoor Concepts had the best design and we felt that his price was fair. He responded to each of our numerous questions quickly. His crew was courteous and efficient. And the best part: Our patio cover came out better than we ever could have imagined!! We are so pleased with the outcome and are so happy we decided to go with Complete Outdoor Concepts. If the opportunity ever arose, we would definitely use them again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Continental Parts Company (Jul '14) 4 hr Shelly French 18
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 18 hr Galt76 8,035
Raped, tortured and forced to live in a wardrob... Thu Mikhail 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Wed Tatlover 1,123
Review: U S Paving & Engineering Inc (Feb '10) Wed Casey 20
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 23 Farts 771
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 19 Farts 612

Plano News Video

Plano Dating
Find my Match