'Valentine's Day Massacre' ahead for JC Penney?

Feb 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MSN Money

J.C. Penney insiders are worried about upcoming layoffs this month, calling it a "Valentine's Day Massacre," The New York Post reports .

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
McRonnie

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Someone stop this guy. What does he have naked pictures of someone who can fire him? It has to be something. He isn't shy about firing anyone, everyone he labels not a good fit for his visions. The time as come to give Ron his walking papers.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ron is a total idiot but getting wealthy destroying his company:( At least bill Ackman will hopefully lose a boatload of money on rons reinvent retail fantasy. ackman needs to be economically destroyed before he kills more companies....
Laney

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I will never ever step foot in their stores again. Such poor treatment of employees.
McRonnie

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

This just in, new layoffs round after the Valentine Massacre planned, they will be firing about 4,000 mannequins. Rumors are Ron fired all the carbon based employees, these are all that are left. "We hung the iPads round the necks of the mannequins for customers to use to check out, to be revolutionary, yet, again, we will be duct taping checkout iPads to roof support beams. We will be given each of our loyal mannequins, who have worked for JCP, not Penny's, for 30 or more years, a gift certificate for free JCP cups of coffee for a month, plus free wifi access while they look for work.".

Seriously, I expect to hear this.
Penny

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

He has destroyed it and still keeps oing?
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

At my local stores they put nearly all the mannequins near the entrances, probably to make it appear theres actually customers in the stores.

Does apple have mannequins? Ron is so attached to apple I wonder how he has handled anything thats not apple?

I mean just look at how great he is running JCP:(
McRonnie

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oops mistake, Ronnie, the JCP clown, purchased 40,000 new mannequins last year.
Amazing isn't it 40,000 of them. Got an idea of that bill?
wow

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Do u think there going bankrupt
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
Do u think there going bankrupt
yep they are bleeding money because ron johnson did near everything wrong, and drove away their core customer. he offended the very people who paid the bills by buying stuff. In addition in a search to save money fired most of his long term hard working employees, gutting customer service, and destoying his company.

he should of test marketed his ideas before rolling them out to the entire chain and appears to have a god complex because he once worked for apple. the problem is JCP is NOT APPLE...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Plano Discussions

Search the Plano Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 8 hr Milwaukee PT 7,859
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 hr Defiant1 17,700
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 10 hr Defiant1 22,180
Roofers rip shingles from wrong house (May '08) 13 hr Lone Star Man 59
City of Dallas Approves of Sex Club-Look Other Way (Sep '10) 17 hr Ron Jeremy 70
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 766
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) 22 hr Gasman 390
•••
•••

Plano News Video

•••
•••

Plano Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Plano People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE